Lancs 2012

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Notts not doing us a favour either.

Absolute bloody shambles. There's quality in the batting line-up, they just haven't performed all season. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Notts actually recovered pretty well from 60/5. It's game on there now. Could still be an interesting finale, if Lancs can keep batting well into tomorrow.

Trouble is we need points, its day 3, on a flat wicket,

They might just miss out on the 4 pts if they don't get a shift on.

So that would be 10 points if it sa draw, which looks likely

And Surrey will get 8 if hey draw or 5 if they lose.

So Surrey loss, Lancs draw would make it

Surrey 116 pts

Lancs 104

with Lancs to play Surrey at Liverpool next Tuesday

Winner takes all, a draw would see Lancs relegated.

And showers predicted for Liverpool all next week.

I'm confused, do one or two go down? The new BBC website is gash - I can't find anything on there!!

2, I am almost 10% certain.

Hope it is 1!

It is 2, just seen wiki and it shows who was relegated

LAst year Yorks & Hants

2010 Esses and Kent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Championship#Promoted_and_relegated

Edited by singe

Surrey effectively 212/5. Needs Notts wickets and fast, if Surrey set about 300 with the bit between the teeth I reckon they'd skittle Notts out tomorrow and it would be good night, Vienna.

If only we'd batted like this all season, or at least for a small percentage of it!

Surrey effectively 212/5. Needs Notts wickets and fast, if Surrey set about 300 with the bit between the teeth I reckon they'd skittle Notts out tomorrow and it would be good night, Vienna.

If only we'd batted like this all season, or at least for a small percentage of it!

I was just thinking the same. Surrey have recovered pretty well after losing the first four wickets pretty early on - just like their first innings.

1st Middx wicket down 6-1

Come on.

Middx 95/2 chances of victory fast ebbing away unless a couple of of late ones ticket and early tommorow.

but Surrey in effect 325/8

Mind it's gloriously sunny down here, so likely Notts/Surrey will draw.

Looks like all down to Tues 11th

Looks to be heading for draws, but finely poiised

Middx 220/4 couple of breakthrough wickets, but unlikely to have enough time be able to get the runs if all the Middx wickets tunble.

Notts 63/2 in their chase for 346. Surrey have the edge, with Notts having nothing to play for (lets hope they have not got a big bet for Lancs to get relegated!)

Looks to be heading for draws, but finely poiised

Middx 220/4 couple of breakthrough wickets, but unlikely to have enough time be able to get the runs if all the Middx wickets tunble.

Notts 63/2 in their chase for 346. Surrey have the edge, with Notts having nothing to play for (lets hope they have not got a big bet for Lancs to get relegated!)

I'd fancy Surrey to beat Notts now, with three wickets down for 66. Relegation beckons...

I'd fancy Surrey to beat Notts now, with three wickets down for 66. Relegation beckons...

yep

It all changes in less than 1 1/2 hours

Surrey now in command with Notts 100/5 and Midx crusing at 265/5

Surrey 131

Lancs 110

It is mathematical, but we will need to trounce Surrey next week, who will have their tails up.