0,,10337~10882981,00.jpg

because no-one had posted a picture... i cant see why people don't like it but i'm a fan personally, the only reason i'd choose the home shirt is that it will be worn more by the players.

edit - is that the lookers and chaddy in the top right background?

yes except when the photo was taken it was still the Ford Stand.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, it's definitely much closer to the '60s tangerine, which is of course the 'heritage' the marketing blurb speaks of. I seem to remember when the previous tangerine away kit came out one of the big complaints was that it was the 'wrong' orange.

I'd imagine there'll be a change pair of shorts, maybe white, so that if a referee considers the blue shorts to clash they can use them with either kit.

Away from the actual kit I think the club has really upped their game on the marketing front recently. The whole operation just seems more slick. Little things like the photo/poster above just make the club look more professional, which can only be a good thing. A far cry from some of the cheap looking official promo literature we've seen in the not so distant past.

The shirt in 2007-2008 season was a lot nicer than the one released now

Indeed, I'd have liked to see us have a little bit more blue in the shirt, at the moment it looks a little too much like Blackpool's shirt but with Blue stitching to me.

The other thing is whilst keeping the old away shirt but making it into a third shirt, is that going to be used next season?

I like it, it's definitely much closer to the '60s tangerine, which is of course the 'heritage' the marketing blurb speaks of. I seem to remember when the previous tangerine away kit came out one of the big complaints was that it was the 'wrong' orange.

I'd imagine there'll be a change pair of shorts, maybe white, so that if a referee considers the blue shorts to clash they can use them with either kit.

Away from the actual kit I think the club has really upped their game on the marketing front recently. The whole operation just seems more slick. Little things like the photo/poster above just make the club look more professional, which can only be a good thing. A far cry from some of the cheap looking official promo literature we've seen in the not so distant past.

Like this you mean?

Like this you mean?

Ha! I hadn't seen that! Admittedly that's a bit wooden and forced, but you can't get everything right. The idea's a good one. There just seems to be more ideas lately, rather than a dependence on the old tired & ineffective 'campaigns' - if you could even call them that.

0,,10337~10882981,00.jpg

because no-one had posted a picture... i cant see why people don't like it but i'm a fan personally, the only reason i'd choose the home shirt is that it will be worn more by the players.

edit - is that the lookers and chaddy in the top right background?

For those that thing it looks like the Blackpool kit (and the reason I don't agree with Tangerine, even though it was used in the era I first started supporting Latics

Adult%20Home%20Shirt.png

And Blackpool have gone for Blue away for their 15 year shirt in 2012/13!

125%20Adult%20Shirt.png

Remarkably similar colour to those shorts in the 1970's photo with SJF!

Edited by singe

looks like blackpools kit to me lol

Nowt to do with the kit, this (which I actually quite like by the way), but you don't half have some bloody perculiar avatars. God alone knows what it is your sat in front of. :sign0068:

Edited by Bristolatic