2 weeks.......

That's what PD gave those offered contracts to make a decision.

I'm sure it was confirmed on the official site but can't be arsed to look for it.

It's been well over 3 now hasn't it and we know that Lee has gone, Taylor's on his way out and possibly Morais too. Wes apparently signing according to the Chron earlier this week but what of the others?

Also didn't PD state that he wanted to get new additions sorted ASAP and as early on pre-season as possible. With others snapping up new players around us then it's this indicative of what we have to offer and even PD's powers of persuasion will ultimately mean we're shopping in Lidl rather than Asda as we've been priced out of Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose.

Roll on some news on t'official site regarding transfers in or out or even simply an update on contract negotiations - have they been offered (as the Chron intimated that some haven't even been offered terms) and have they been accepted or rejected?!

A few conflicting messages coming out of the club. They said deadlines of 10-14 days would be set but no news of a single player signing a contract.

They also said the aim was to approach targets and get them in early so as the squad would be assembled in advance of the new season but Corney contradicted that by saying that he wants to wait until the end of July when players get desperate.

It isnt even June but what is stupid by the club is dont say things you potentially cant stick to all you do is panic fans and trust me im panicing

I have also backed Dickov but i am starting to have reservations if we need a more experienced gaffer and he has done a good job but im not sure he can keep us up now even more so than take us to the next level

last year the website posted we were confident of signing them mystery strikers... turned out to be Donaldson and McDonald and surprise, surprise we didnt sign either..

i'd prefer no news to 'we might be signing someone' or 'we've offered contracts and no-one's got back to us now'. it seems corney and dickov are starting to learn that instead of jeopardising any deals

last year the website posted we were confident of signing them mystery strikers... turned out to be Donaldson and McDonald and surprise, surprise we didnt sign either..

i'd prefer no news to 'we might be signing someone' or 'we've offered contracts and no-one's got back to us now'. it seems corney and dickov are starting to learn that instead of jeopardising any deals

The club actually named the pair of them.

A few conflicting messages coming out of the club. They said deadlines of 10-14 days would be set but no news of a single player signing a contract.

They also said the aim was to approach targets and get them in early so as the squad would be assembled in advance of the new season but Corney contradicted that by saying that he wants to wait until the end of July when players get desperate.

Corney contradicted that by saying that he wants to wait until the end of July when players get desperate.

If that happens then we will once again be getting players joining for all the wrong reasons and just what Dickov wants to avoid!!

Edited by oafc1955

Just wondering as cba checking the OS for the article from 7th May.. Did we say they have 10-14 days to sign the contract, or simply verbally accept it and then sign once back from there hols? Or not specified.. IIRC, last year Black told us when he was on holiday he would re-sign once back in the UK..

Corney contradicted that by saying that he wants to wait until the end of July when players get desperate.

If that happens then we will once again be getting players joining for all the wrong reasons and just what Dickov wants to avoid!!

For all the wrong reasons? Say if we do sign loads at end of July, not ideal for team bonding etc admittedly, but the club saves money on wages in June & July. Plus players will generally be willing to accept lower terms than they initally demanded at the start, due to wanting to find a club soon. Knowing us, wouldn't be surprised if it's true, as a cost saving measure.

For all the wrong reasons? Say if we do sign loads at end of July, not ideal for team bonding etc admittedly, but the club saves money on wages in June & July. Plus players will generally be willing to accept lower terms than they initally demanded at the start, due to wanting to find a club soon. Knowing us, wouldn't be surprised if it's true, as a cost saving measure.

I'm not sure about the saving money in June as players contracts usually run until the end of June, a lot of signings at the moment are on pre-contract terms. We would save money for July though. Plus, due to the Olympics, the season is starting on the 3rd Saturday in August as opposed to a week or a fortnight earlier. That gives clubs a little bit longer before the season starts for team bonding.

For someone earning £1000pw, we save at least £4000 by not signing them until the end of July. That probably pays for an overnight stay for our long range away games.

"LATICS RELEASE NINE PLAYERS Posted on: Mon 07 May 2012

They are Ryan Brooke, Djeny Bembo-Leta, Matt Carr, Keanu Marsh-Brown, Phil McGrath, Josh Parker, Reuben Reid, Paul Black and Zander Diamond

Dickov has told a further nine out-of-contract players he would like them to stay, though no new deals have been made. They are likely to be done later this week. The players Dickov wants to keep are Kieran Lee, Robbie Simpson, Bradley Diallo, Yousseff M'Changama, James Wesolowski, Dean Bouzanis, Kirk Millar, Filipe Morais and Chris Taylor.

He says they will be given between 10/14 days to decide whether to accept after which they will be withdrawn."

So there you have it 14 days from the end of the week commencing 7th May was last Friday the 25th May. What they need is to publish an update tomorrow so the hoards of supporters who are ready and waiting to pounce on the season ticket offer on Saturday will have some good news and a Spring in their step. We could have a poll to see how many of the nine we will keep - my guess is 4.

Edited by Hands on

They are Ryan Brooke, Djeny Bembo-Leta, Matt Carr, Keanu Marsh-Brown, Phil McGrath, Josh Parker, Reuben Reid, Paul Black and Zander Diamond

Dickov has told a further nine out-of-contract players he would like them to stay, though no new deals have been made. They are likely to be done later this week. The players Dickov wants to keep are Kieran Lee, Robbie Simpson, Bradley Diallo, Yousseff M'Changama, James Wesolowski, Dean Bouzanis, Kirk Millar, Filipe Morais and Chris Taylor.

He says they will be given between 10/14 days to decide whether to accept after which they will be withdrawn."

So there you have it 14 days from the end of the week commencing 7th May was last Friday the 25th May. What they need is to publish an update tomorrow so the hoards of supporters who are ready and waiting to pounce on the season ticket offer on Saturday will have some good news and a Spring in their step. We could have a poll to see how many of the nine we will keep - my guess is 4.

I'm not fussed about Dickovs supposed deadline.. i'd wait another 6 weeks if they signed - If we sign Wes and Simmo i'll be happy - we need to bring in an experienced CB and a speedy striker who can poach a goal or two and form a good partnership with Kuqi - a lower-league, not injury prone, michael owen. We can all dream!

Exactly my point. PD implied they'll be no pissing around with players stringing us along. They either want to sign or they don't. This means talks between club and player at start of May to sort out a contract. Let them go off means they talk to other clubs. We should have nailed down those we want back then. Yes a player wants to consider their options but if the deal is fair then do we really want players who want to play for us as a club rather than us giving them the best deal??!!

Grow some balls and get players who will run through walks for this club and not just for a pay packet!

I'm not fussed about Dickovs supposed deadline.. i'd wait another 6 weeks if they signed - If we sign Wes and Simmo i'll be happy - we need to bring in an experienced CB and a speedy striker who can poach a goal or two and form a good partnership with Kuqi - a lower-league, not injury prone, michael owen. We can all dream!

I'll add M'Changama to that list as well - theres lots of potential there!

I'm sure Dickov said that Morais hadn't at the time (about a week ago) been offered a written contract because he was away on holiday. I think most players are off on their hols. quite soon after the season ends. Dickov has also said that he would be sitting down with Kuqi at the end of last week, but nothing seem to have come of it, which may mean Kuqi has decided not to stay. It's also been said that they are very near to an agreement with Simpson. I guess that once the offers have been made the players agents test the water elsewhere and then begin to negotiate with the club

not yet....up to PD according to Kuqi who would stay

Makes sense, i do question whether or not he would be missed - again like Taylor, his work rate is quite outstanding especially considering his age and 16 goals was a good amount overall last season, however Kuqi failed to make much of an impact from January onwards and maybe his wages could be used to bring in a slightly younger, although experienced striker who can bang in 20 a season - rare, but i'm sure someone could be found.

Personally though, i'd probably keep Kuqi, i think having some form of continuity is the way to gaining any success, cutting and changing your squad season to season won't get you anywhere and might help us explain why we've never got out of this league because of the lack of continuity in the squad - our best chance was blown in '07 when we had a brilliant squad - Porter was lethal, but only because of all the work of Warne.. oh the good old days.

Simpson on Twitter today: Robbie Simpson@RobbieSimmo

Last few bits and bobs before heading to the airport...#MARBS with man like @Hunty32 @19_ward_90 @knownasoscar @paul_black3oh dear... Lol

Doubt he'll be penning the deal from his sunlounger in Marbella.

Holidays were always bound to get in the way of the 2 week "deadline", which makes a bit of a mockery of it in my opinion. If offers are on the table and players are happy to ignore the deadline then they must be hoping for other/better offers. But we don't know how many of them have had private discussions with the club and expressed their intent to sign on return. And nor should we know. This seemed to be the case with Morais last season.