Wes agrees 2-year deal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Winchester (who we see much more of this season IMO) and also resign M'Changama who is a different player again.

Agree totally - Winchester looks like he will be top drawer - M'Changama has an eye for a defence splitting pass and will bring something different to the middle of the park.

Add Simpson, another Brown and Tounkara and hopefully Morais. Then we can look for that 20 goal a season striker and a left back and ... :smoking:

Cracking news. Especially as it's a 2 year deal :dance: . Never expected that; thought it would be another 12 month job. Well done PD & SC. :imnotworthy:

On a negative note ('cos we have to have some doom & gloom) nobody has mentioned that he's a bit, well, erm, tubby? Although Leeslover did mention that he is vertically challenged. :getmecoat:

Great news. Furman and Wes in the centre and hopefully Simpson will sign on again and play a little bit in front of them 2.

Sounds like a very decent CM three if thats the way Dickov chooses to play.

With those 3 in the middle of the park I'd be even more willing to gamble on Tounkara as a lone striker (maybe with another similar striker who can rotate in with him). I thought he worked very well in the team in the first half of 10/11 when he was part of the 4-2-3-1 formation and while most of his drop in form was due to burnout I think playing in a partnership with Reid didn't help either. Both had some ability but they didn't click.

On a negative note ('cos we have to have some doom & gloom) nobody has mentioned that he's a bit, well, erm, tubby? Although Leeslover did mention that he is vertically challenged. :getmecoat:

That's kind of what I like about him, he manages to make a very positive impact even though he's shorter and fatter than you'd expect a player in his position to be! :aplayer1:

Delighted with this news. Him and Furman are two very hard working players who both take responsibility for things in the middle. Also delighted it's a 2 year deal, it seems he's quite well liked around the club by his team mates etc so hopefully this could persuade another couple to stay too, and maybe Furman extend beyond this next season too, providing we do ok this time round.

That's kind of what I like about him, he manages to make a very positive impact even though he's shorter and fatter than you'd expect a player in his position to be! :aplayer1:

He's take quite of bit of wall with him running through one

Yeah, i'm always amazed at how much ground he covers for a fat load. It must all be muscle.

You talking about the game where he gave the penalty away?

He was shocking towards the end, but in his defence, Dickov should've seen he had nothing left to give.

yeah did he start in that game or did dickov throw him in at the deep end? Just remember them targeting him and it worked. Winchester is a cm and a grea prospect at that. Composed on the ball too. Anyone who tells him to bulk up merely emphasises what is wrong with the English game. Edited by welshgaz

That was the game he started, but it wasn't his fault. They reorganised and put Nardiello on his shoulder after an hour and Latics never got extra support out to him.

Must confess that I don't see the centre-mid angle, I can't see what he really brings to any of the games I've watched. At full-back though, with the game all in front of him, I think he could be a player.

Agree - if he progresses at the rate he should then we have a real star on our books.

I know little about Winchester but a stalling of progress after showing promise has been a recurring theme of the youth output for many years. No idea why but many examples of players who seemed destined for bigger things have ended up at lower levels while most of those who have been transferred to significantly bigger clubs have pretty much disappeared without trace.

Edited by Dave_Og

I know little about Winchester but a stalling of progress after showing promise has been a recurring theme of the youth output for many years. No idea why but many examples of players who seemed destined for bigger things have ended up at lower levels while most of those who have been transferred to significantly bigger clubs have pretty much disappeared without trace.

I make a direct correlation in this and our whingeing fans. Many don't.