LB Available (I think)

A player with alot of natrual ability enough to have kicked on and played at a higher level.

So what has he done since he left us? Perhaps he's one of those that doesn't take on the instructions he's given by the coaches I think Joe Royle said as much when he left which maybe the difference between a player like that and Ryan Bertrand.

Cant open the link on my phone; but reading down all bar the last post i assumed this was about Evina. Then, when Big Joe was mentioned i twigged it's about Danny Jones.

As a left back - poor & no thanks.

As a left winger, yeah - if the deal was right.

Seem to remember all his previous managers wanting him to play midfield; and saying thats his position......but Jones wanting to become a LB.

Over-rated as a left back. Very decent going forward though so as a midfielder; yep.

Wasn't his arrival the exact time our season started going wrong? Not to blame the lad personally but he was a terrible defender playing in defence and not very good attacking from midfield. If you can rewire his brain just fractionally then there is a cracking player in there but if he's like he was, sadly no. Rather a steady eddy leftback please.

Awful defender whilst at Latics and, as others have said, looked every bit as if he should really be converted to a winger.

I haven't really followed his progress since though.

with this in mind what adjective would you use for brad and black when describing their defensive capabilities? can't help but think you have exaggerated somewhat.

Cant open the link on my phone; but reading down all bar the last post i assumed this was about Evina. Then, when Big Joe was mentioned i twigged it's about Danny Jones.

As a left back - poor & no thanks.

As a left winger, yeah - if the deal was right.

Seem to remember all his previous managers wanting him to play midfield; and saying thats his position......but Jones wanting to become a LB.

Over-rated as a left back. Very decent going forward though so as a midfielder; yep.

Daniel Jones ex Wolves.

Ian G.

Wasn't his arrival the exact time our season started going wrong? Not to blame the lad personally but he was a terrible defender playing in defence and not very good attacking from midfield. If you can rewire his brain just fractionally then there is a cracking player in there but if he's like he was, sadly no. Rather a steady eddy leftback please.

Yep, remember being a ripped a new one on his debut at Stockport County

Paul Black was twice the defender Danny Jones was......and as i prefer my LB's to be able to defend 1st and foremost, that point carries far more weight than being able to run fast going forward.

I take the point on Diallo though......and injury taken into account; he just doesnt look very good.

I think releasing Black was a mistake; steady eddie over a flash harry any day of the week at LB for me.......

I imagine that is something that is going to stay with you, a memory that is going to be hard to shake. But do you remember how he played?

Hahaha,I believe Mr Lukers was trying to intimate DJ had a bad game.I remember things a bit differently,he was our stand out player in a poor team performance.

I liked him and if we can sign him I think we should. Put him on the team sheet as a LB and then slot someone (steady Eddy) in behind. He plays his normal game and we have a surreptitious CT replacement.

Two leftbacks? It sounds like a Dave Penney wet dream.

Trouble is that when we played him as a LW he played like a prototype Joe Colbeck though!

I agree. Hence, the LW by stealth approach, I mentioned, when he thinks he's a LB, he is in fact a decent LW!.

I still don't think Colbeck was even a footballer!!!!!!!! Think he was handed a kit by mistake.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith