Notts County Mad website

The Notts County Mad website feature 'League 1 Map 2012/13' describes Oldham, Greater Manchester as 'just incredibly dull and pointless'.

The words 'kettle' 'pot' and 'black' immediately spring to mind, that said, I always did enjoy a pint in the Cattle Market(?) pub near the Notts County ground on a match day. Is that pub still around?

BTW, currently sunning myself in Italy where every Italian I have spoken to rates Engerland as a 'very strong team' and fears the worst for Sunday. I simply cannot believe that Rooney is held in such high esteem over here, the man can do no wrong. Let's hope they're right.

Edited by ronnieblair

BTW, currently sunning myself in Italy where every Italian I have spoken to rates Engerland as a 'very strong team' and fears the worst for Sunday. I simply cannot believe that Rooney is held in such high esteem over here, the man can do no wrong. Let's hope they're right.

That would be 27 goals in 34 PL games Wayne Rooney? Or 6 goals in 8 European games Wayne Rooney?

For all his faults I think many English fans underrate him!

it is a very nice away day and easier for me to get to than a home game but I find that this judging the state of the towns banter which we seem to always hear and read is usually something to paper over the cracks that they're no better than us in reality

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I think Nottingham is a brilliant away day, sadly much better than around BP so can see their point ;)

The Notts County Mad website feature 'League 1 Map 2012/13' describes Oldham, Greater Manchester as 'just incredibly dull and pointless'.

The words 'kettle' 'pot' and 'black' immediately spring to mind, that said, I always did enjoy a pint in the Cattle Market(?) pub near the Notts County ground on a match day. Is that pub still around?

A view no doubt shared by many when landing off a tram at Oldham Mumps.

Edited by BP1960

I like away games in Notts.Would you rather be in Hooters or Clayton Green....I rest my case!!We need our town centre sorting out.Its awful and has little to offer and needs a lot more doing to attract people to come here.

Nottingham is a much better place than Oldham and Rooney is class.

Guest Scratch2000uk

That's if they don't trip over all the rubble,fencing, sewer pipes, tree stumps. hard hats and pot holes to get on it. :laught30:

Notts county is near enough to the city centre of Nottingham for their to be loads of things to do.

Oldham is near enough to Elk mill for you to get a sofa in the sale.

20 mins on a tram to centre of manchester.

Nottingham boasts the 'takeaway where you are most likely to be killed'