R.I.P Miki Roque

Being picky, Rob, but it was season before that he was on loan with us. We lost 2-1 and he was injured, couldn't continue and we finished with ten men.

As I said to WelshGaz yesterday, cancer is a :censored: and doesn't care who if affects. Its a horrible horrible illness. RIP Miki.

Being picky, Rob, but it was season before that he was on loan with us. We lost 2-1 and he was injured, couldn't continue and we finished with ten men.

As I said to WelshGaz yesterday, cancer is a :censored: and doesn't care who if affects. Its a horrible horrible illness. RIP Miki.

Paddy, put that down to my age - the seasons run into each other(I tht Miki and Eardley played a portion of the game in the centre of our midfield)

But I remember - you ar right(remember him going off)

Still dreadful though

Miki came from the same village in Cataluya as Carlos Puyol and were close friends. He helped with his funding towards Miki's treatment after Real Betis (his last club) said they couldn't help towards his treatment costs.

On the front page of Sport.es (Barcelona sport newspaper)..

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/futbol/fallece-miki-roque-1969041

RIP Miki. Football is a poor substitute for emotion in times of life and death. Suffer no more, rest easy and smile again.

Absolutely awful news. The poor kid looked (understandably) terrified at the press conference when he announced that he was ill. We can only hope he found some peace and comfort towards the end. RIP.

Absolutely awful news. The poor kid looked (understandably) terrified at the press conference when he announced that he was ill. We can only hope he found some peace and comfort towards the end. RIP.

Indeed having just seen it on You Tube he has balls of steel.

Rest in peace Miki

Descanse en Paz Miki

I imagine the Spanish team may have tributes to him on t-shirts or something if Puyol was that close to him

Pique already tweeted about his death and how he knew him from their respective time in the NW. Spanish football has seemingly had more than its fair share of tragedies. Whilst I may not need to remind you remember how Iniesta celebrated his winning world cup goal, he revealed a shirt in memory of Jarque an ex Espanyol player.