Kuqi & Morais Leave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.oldhamath...2829344,00.html

I think we all expected this. Whilst our priority now shifts back to finding a goalscorer, I imagine the freeing up of wages will be healthy.

At last we know what we suspected all along. I wish them the best and am intrigued to see where they both end up.

So - wanted striker and wide player - apply to PD @ BP PDQ OK?

Edited by TheBigDog

Obviously you can't ever stop someone from leaving for money but I can't help feel Morais is making a mistake , he could have had a big year this year starting week in week out whereas at somewhere like Preston he will be a squad player Just as he has finally got settled at a club he has moved on again

Both could still offer something to someone at this level, but I'm not too disappointed that either has left. Kuqi was the signing that we needed when he came in as we badly lacked a player with his experience to lead the line and without him relegation would have been very likely IMO, but I don't think he would fit into our system with Simpson playing deep as he doesn't have the pace to stretch defences and isn't likely to get double figures next year. My prediction is that he'll be at a promotion chasing team like Sheffield United and act as a foil for a younger quicker goalscorer. Produced some great moments/goals in the past year so he leaves with my best wishes.

Morais pretty much did the opposite of Kuqi last season and finished the season pretty well but I still doubt whether he would be consistent enough to justify a high wage. As has been said above it will be interesting to see where he ends up, I reckon it will be at a similar size club to us. His performance at home to Huddersfield in Dickov's first season was one of the best individual performances for Latics in recent years and his goal at Charlton sent me absolutely mental, so I certainly wish him well wherever he ends up.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Morais for the first time in his career was playing week in week out and playing well - strange he's decided to walk unless he does want to be near his boy? But noises I'm hearing is Leeds, hudds are keen too. But he's sacrificing the momentum he built in favour of more money and a place on the benchw warnock willregularly sacrifice flair players away from home

-

Obviously you can't ever stop someone from leaving for money but I can't help feel Morais is making a mistake , he could have had a big year this year starting week in week out whereas at somewhere like Preston he will be a squad player Just as he has finally got settled at a club he has moved on again

That's a really good point. He never struck me as being unhappy here so maybe an approach to things like Simpson has had would benefit him. Then again he'll probably get a better offer than we can offer.

Morais for the first time in his career was playing week in week out and playing well - strange he's decided to walk unless he does want to be near his boy? But noises I'm hearing is Leeds, hudds are keen too. But he's sacrificing the momentum he built in favour of more money and a place on the benchw warnock willregularly sacrifice flair players away from home

-

This

Be interesting to see if PD's allowed to put all of the money saved towards other players' wages.

If the extension in his contract was for the same wages, then the answer is no? Unless we were only willing to extend at reduced terms and he wasn't having that.

I'm a little disappointed about both - think we'll miss them (though we won't miss paying their wages).

Be interesting to see if PD's allowed to put all of the money saved towards other players' wages.

Highly doubtful, as PD has said he could not afford Kuqi.