Kuqi & Morais Leave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Kuqi was happy at BP especially after Christmas when he stopped scoring. I also think his contract guaranteed a starting place every week and would explain why he was never dropped.If the reason was we couldn't afford the wages then surely.they have known for weeks that he wouldn't be staying.......why didn't they announce it earlier?

I don't think Kuqi was happy at BP especially after Christmas when he stopped scoring. I also think his contract guaranteed a starting place every week and would explain why he was never dropped.If the reason was we couldn't afford the wages then surely.they have known for weeks that he wouldn't be staying.......why didn't they announce it earlier?

Someone else lined up first I suspect, especially if Prozacs news i announced ( no, I know nothing.)

Obviously no surprise at all though both will be missed in some extent.

Shefki's impact last season was tremendous. Prior to his signing we didn't look to carry any kind of threat that would concern opposition defences. When the goals dried up, I was still in the camp that thought he was worth his place in the team as I couldn't see who else was going to work as hard, high up the field to unsettle teams.

Morais seemed to have made great strides in the last few months of the season to add some consistency and an end result to his game though to be the best player in the team at that stage possibly doesn't say an awful lot. He seemed to suffer from being suspended from the start of the season and took a long while to get going.

Bad news in terms of the management obviously wanted to keep the pair and we've effectively been turned down but so be it. Gives an opportunity for someone else to stake a claim and to improve us from where we were last season.

Not bothered about Kuqi im actually glad especially as his wage was probably the biggest at the club

Morais is a one that could have gone either way, disappointed as liked him a lot but life goes on

In other news im sure that the lad sat opposite me is eating a concrete sandwich that :censored:ing loud, can see my foot going through his face!

Not bothered about Kuqi im actually glad especially as his wage was probably the biggest at the club

Morais is a one that could have gone either way, disappointed as liked him a lot but life goes on

In other news im sure that the lad sat opposite me is eating a concrete sandwich that :censored:ing loud, can see my foot going through his face!

If this is going to turn into a sandwich thread, I just saw a bloke in our canteen buying a bottle of diet Coke, a baguette cut into two halves with nothing but one piece of lettuce in each part and the worlds biggest ever plate of chips. He wasn’t a fatty so it must be working for him.

I suspect that PD is going to give Millar an opportunity at the wide position.

I have my doubts about him as he would have to improve tremendously on what i saw last season to have an impact in league 1.

Hopefully will prove me wrong and PD will also sign a decent CF to work along with Taylor and Simpson operating behind the front 2.

Although i have a funny feeling that he may even go with Smith and newboy Taylor !!!!!!!

If the extension in his contract was for the same wages, then the answer is no? Unless we were only willing to extend at reduced terms and he wasn't having that.

I've seen it stated somewhere, on the web site I think, that Kuqi could extend his contract if he wished, on the same terms.

I've seen it stated somewhere, on the web site I think, that Kuqi could extend his contract if he wished, on the same terms.

Problem is Playershare paid for a proportion of his wages last season and with us having to pay for an extra couple of months, the club couldn't afford him. Either that or Dickov didn't want to spend playershare money on him again as he wasn't as convinced of his ability to perform consistently as last season.

That's a really good point. He never struck me as being unhappy here so maybe an approach to things like Simpson has had would benefit him. Then again he'll probably get a better offer than we can offer.

He is the typical journeyman

If we sell Cisak, I'd be interested to see what happens with Morais and Kuqi, if they havent got a club, as we should be able to afford them.

As to Morais not staying too long at any club, he had disciplinary problems off the field in Scotland and at least one club got rid for that. The rumour was that he was on very little in his first season. I'd guess his wage went up this season but if you know you can get paid more money elsewhere, have a child 200 miles away, and don't have a sensible advisor saying stay where you are happy then money will talk and if money talks we are usually quiet.

Ah well. We'll miss them both to varying degrees, but with some (very!) shrewd movements in the free-transfer market - 2 more players of a similar ability might be reachable in our budget? It'll be tough to find those players willing to come to us, but it might be possible? If not, step forward tyoun Kirk Millar and Dan Taylor. A huge ask for young kids but it might have to happen....lets see what the next month brings!

Thanks for the goals pre dry-patch Shefki and thanks for the flip-flaps & entertainment Phil.

If we sell Cisak, I'd be interested to see what happens with Morais and Kuqi, if they havent got a club, as we should be able to afford them.

As to Morais not staying too long at any club, he had disciplinary problems off the field in Scotland and at least one club got rid for that. The rumour was that he was on very little in his first season. I'd guess his wage went up this season but if you know you can get paid more money elsewhere, have a child 200 miles away, and don't have a sensible advisor saying stay where you are happy then money will talk and if money talks we are usually quiet.

Ive mentioned it previously that Im sure ( although not 100%) Morais house was up for rent in early June. Maybe he had a better offer and had already pre signed with another club down south.

Morais will always be a journeyman I think. This season was a fine opportunity to secure a regular starting spot, make it his own. He hit a bit of form last season and when given a run, especially late in the season he looked decent, settled and a crowd pleaser. Fair play, we don't know what the club were offering.

Kuqi, well, his goals kept us up, whichever way you look at it. However, we became far too dependant on his goals and once he'd burnt himself out was a chocolate fireguard for 4 months. Providing we bring in a striker who will bring in a return of 10-12 goals at least, we'll be OK. I figure Matt Smith will get more of an opportunity this time round (a make or break season for him I feel), plus Taylor and the addition of an experienced striker we'll be fairly well serviced up front.

To be honest - I Thank Kuqi for his goal - but why spend the money on older experinced player - which Kuqi was and he either ran out of puff or motivation second half of the season.

Would rather have the younger strikers like Smith and Taylor (People like that) up front who have energy and need to prove themselves and will but the effort in.

Buying a Older Striker does not always work (Feeney, Ricketts etc.) - let's face it works for Crewe.