Morais signs for...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morais played double the games he had played for any other club at Latics. Whilst we may have only offered a year, it would have been a third year at the same club. If he does go to PNE they'll expect to be challenging. Sorry Filipe but I expect you to be looking for another club by the next transfer window, can't help but think he pulled a 'Murray' and upped his game in the second half of the season simply to put himself in the shop window.

After initial reservations he did win we over in the 2nd half of last season, but was often a liability away from home, sometimes at home and played in most if not all of our right royal dickings over the last couple of years.

Crofty when fit is a step up from Morais both in ability and work-ethic. It's just getting Crofty match-fit that may be the issue, although his spell in Scotland was encouraging in him regaining the momentum he lost after leaving Norwich through injury, loss of form and being bombed out.

To be fair, I wouldn't have minded Morais signing for 6 months. The 6 months from January to the end of the season as that would mean he was playing for a new contract and you only get the best out of Phil once he realises that his contract is running down

he turned down our contract for more money. simple as that. can't see him settling at any club to be honest. some players are just like that.

Morais played double the games he had played for any other club at Latics. Whilst we may have only offered a year, it would have been a third year at the same club. If he does go to PNE they'll expect to be challenging. Sorry Filipe but I expect you to be looking for another club by the next transfer window, can't help but think he pulled a 'Murray' and upped his game in the second half of the season simply to put himself in the shop window.

After initial reservations he did win we over in the 2nd half of last season, but was often a liability away from home, sometimes at home and played in most if not all of our right royal dickings over the last couple of years.

Crofty when fit is a step up from Morais both in ability and work-ethic. It's just getting Crofty match-fit that may be the issue, although his spell in Scotland was encouraging in him regaining the momentum he lost after leaving Norwich through injury, loss of form and being bombed out.

Dickov even admitted on Radio Manchester that some players were doing that

he turned down our contract for more money. simple as that. can't see him settling at any club to be honest. some players are just like that.

good luck to him it's a short career. He may have got an extra year with pne which almost makes It a no brainer. There still an attractive club to play for in a fantastic stadium. Just managed by a complete loon.

I haven't got a problem with Morais, or any other player in fact, going to another club for more money. My point was simply that you always saw the best of Morais once he realised that he would shortly need a new contract, either with us or elsewhere, hence his poor 1st half of the season and his improved 2nd half.

Apparently it's been the same throughout his career. Once the signed contract is tucked in his back pocket for some reason he seems to switch off.

I haven't got a problem with Morais, or any other player in fact, going to another club for more money. My point was simply that you always saw the best of Morais once he realised that he would shortly need a new contract, either with us or elsewhere, hence his poor 1st half of the season and his improved 2nd half.

Apparently it's been the same throughout his career. Once the signed contract is tucked in his back pocket for some reason he seems to switch off.

i do ;)

I haven't got a problem with Morais, or any other player in fact, going to another club for more money.

Me either. (I am guessing on his wage, I have no inside knowledge)

If he was on £1100 a week & PNE offer him £1700 thats another £30k @ year. Would you swap employers for that. Damn right you would.

This level isnt Nasri going from a £70k a week job to a £120k a week role to sit on the bench. Playets livelihoods drastically change at this level when thry are given even an extra £200 a week. People moan, but if I was a lower league player, Id move a few times & think nothing of it at all.

Their highly paid players will be on three or four times what ours are on though...

Iain hume, coutts probably will be. The latter will be off. The rest wont be on huge wages in mi opinion. All the signings so far don't seem to be big names.

Preston have got rid of all high paid players as they haven't any money so cant see him getting that much more

I thought Westley's usual style was to buy hard working players by the 'yard' like get me 10 yards of defenders and 4 yards of midfielders with a minium of 2 yards per player. Didn't think Morais would be his type of player

Me either. (I am guessing on his wage, I have no inside knowledge)

If he was on £1100 a week & PNE offer him £1700 thats another £30k @ year. Would you swap employers for that. Damn right you would.

This level isnt Nasri going from a £70k a week job to a £120k a week role to sit on the bench. Playets livelihoods drastically change at this level when thry are given even an extra £200 a week. People moan, but if I was a lower league player, Id move a few times & think nothing of it at all.

BUT WHERE'S THE LOYALTY!?!?!

Totally agree btw. Him upping his game when he realised his contract was running down leaves a bit of a bitter taste, but I have no problem with players at this level moving on for more money. It's quite embarrassing how angry people get about this, especially as they'd almost certainly do the same thing if they were put in that situation.

Totally agree btw. Him upping his game when he realised his contract was running down leaves a bit of a bitter taste, but I have no problem with players at this level moving on for more money. It's quite embarrassing how angry people get about this, especially as they'd almost certainly do the same thing if they were put in that situation.

I don't have a huge problem with it in most cases at this level unless I see the move as a backwards step. PNE are a bigger club so no real problem there. As you say though, upping your game when your contract is running down is pretty low, how about giving 100% every week instead of just when it suits you?

agree, and there's little loyalty going the other way so why do we expect it from players