Micah Richards

If I created a thread and broke the following story: "Oldham set to land Joey Barton on loan" - then, yeah, close it as it's a complete fantasy.

Seeing as the Micah Richards link is making backpages, then debate is rightfully stirred. Now, obviously the paper in question is, well, questionable, but there we are.

Can't see it. City don't need to sell, even with the ridiculously overstated FFP laws in place. They've bipassed those with the help of their wider family in the East and BT stepping into the ring with Sky.

Would be nice, mind you.

Would be typical Latics though if City sold for £50m to RM and we had cashed in for £500k last year!

If Richards was sold for £20m and we got £4m then would we see any of it in squad strengthening or just clearing the debt?

If we were then debt free then what would our playing budget be?

At least it makes the club more saleable apart from the 3-sided flea trap.

If Richards was sold for £20m and we got £4m then would we see any of it in squad strengthening or just clearing the debt?

If we were then debt free then what would our playing budget be?

At least it makes the club more saleable apart from the 3-sided flea trap.

A flea trap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleas can't survive in the temperatures at BP ???

Worthy of a bump even though he often talks :censored: but Talksport's Moose is claiming Real Madrid and AC Milan are in a bidding war for Micah.

AC Milan are flush after selling Zlatan for €23m and Mourinho won't want to lose out so hopefully it exceeds €30m.

£5 million in the pot; totally clear the debt making the club more saleable, not enough for a stand though but a few quid for strengthening. Luvverly jubbly!

Worthy of a bump even though he often talks :censored: but Talksport's Moose is claiming Real Madrid and AC Milan are in a bidding war for Micah.

AC Milan are flush after selling Zlatan for €23m and Mourinho won't want to lose out so hopefully it exceeds €30m.

£5 million in the pot; totally clear the debt making the club more saleable, not enough for a stand though but a few quid for strengthening. Luvverly jubbly!

Gotta gree with hat

Celar the debt, priority numero uno.

Some for the playing, some invested in revenue generating projects for the stand to give us more money to redevelop the rest of the stadium.

That's how I would do it.

Organic growth rather than more debt.

For anyone in the know, if we totally cleared the debt then would it have any impact on the playing budget?

Just wondering if x% of income is being swallowed up servicing debt and once debt free that'll go into strengthening. If that is greater than what SC's funding personally then happy days!

The only debt we owe is to Blitz and Gazell and I think Corney said he paid it off with the council money he got. Don't quote me though.

Corney has stated several times tat the club is debt free.

A recently signed bumper contract (will he be offered better terms anywhere else?)

Potentially 1st choice for the premier league champions

A home grown player (dont the rules come in soon?)

City dont need to sell...

Just a few of the reasons why i dont think Richards wont be going anywhere, anytime soon

Makes sense that the sell on clause will have been bought out, Citeh would presumably tried to buy out the clause on more than one occasion and given our financial history the lure of a lump sum woud surely have been very tempting somewhere along the line

Makes sense that the sell on clause will have been bought out, Citeh would presumably tried to buy out the clause on more than one occasion and given our financial history the lure of a lump sum woud surely have been very tempting somewhere along the line

The sell on clause has NOT been bought out by City.

How many times do some people need telling?

I wish it were true, donlt think i ahve ever seen that on record

Prior to the Failsworth stadium going downhill, SC had been quoted as saying it fairly regularly. I remember one specific example when he said that we were technically in a better position than Norwich... Oh well. Don't think I have heard them say it recently but I believe the annual accounts that can be downloaded, have a statement to that effect if it is still the case.