Micah Richards

Is it not 20% Sell on? Dont quote me on this

Problem is with financial fair play they are going to have to move players on which could really work in our favour but the downside is the amount of homegrown players also is going to go up, diffucult one they have made kolo toure avaliable and cant see them getting rid of another defender without bringing at least 1 more in 1st

Fingers crossed though, bastards citeh are in a postion where they dont have to sell to another prem side so abroad is his only option i can realistically see

I wish he would have a bust up with Macini and they move him on to Arsenal that way i win both ways for Latics and us :)

He's just signed a new contract as well, I think. That's what one of my City mates told me t'other day. He reckons Mancini rates him highly.

He's English which means they won't sell him as they need Brits to keep the home nations quotas up. Given that there aren't any decent Brits they want to buy, doubt it will change. The MEN ran a story last week which put players into different bands of how likely they are to be sold, he was an 'untouchable'.

There is another way forward for Micah to help out his old chums. When his contract runs out sign for Latics on a 4 year deal and do a Clive Allen and leave the same pre-season for a reduced 10 million. Of which Latics give him his golden handshake (would have been signing on fee) of 5 million.

Everyone happy apart from the oil rich owners.

Edited by Lags

About 3 or 4 years ago City offered Latics £500k to scrub the agreement but Latics rejected it.

Would we take the same offer now or carry on and hope they sell him !!!!!!

There would never be any point in settling. City aren't going to settle unless they think they are likely to sell and they can save some money by settling. In which case we are best off keeping the deal as it is.

Can we not stop threads like this? Its every transfer window! City dont need to sell and probably wont sell.

Have we had our annual Scholes thread yet?

Err....... no.

It's a football forum, to talk about football topics.

If you dont like them, dont read them.

If I created a thread and broke the following story: "Oldham set to land Joey Barton on loan" - then, yeah, close it as it's a complete fantasy.

Seeing as the Micah Richards link is making backpages, then debate is rightfully stirred. Now, obviously the paper in question is, well, questionable, but there we are.

Can't see it. City don't need to sell, even with the ridiculously overstated FFP laws in place. They've bipassed those with the help of their wider family in the East and BT stepping into the ring with Sky.

Would be nice, mind you.