Alex Williams , sad news

He was the lad who was on secret millionaire , was heartbroken seeing the struggles that the poor lad had to put up with day to day , put things into perspective.

R.I.P Alex , thoughts are with your family and friends.

I recognised him when he appeared on Secret Millionaire. The hours he put into making people aware of meningitis, in spite of his health problems, made me feel quite inadequate. And there was no sign of any bitterness at the hand he'd been dealt. The effort he put into something for which he was never going to get any reward puts to shame the minority of people who are fit and able but can't be arsed working.

RIP.

He was the lad who was on secret millionaire , was heartbroken seeing the struggles that the poor lad had to put up with day to day , put things into perspective.

R.I.P Alex , thoughts are with your family and friends.

Didn't actually know he was a Latics fan but saw the programme.

What a stand up young fella. Came across on it as a genuinely selfless and likeable lad who was, in the face of unbelievable adversity, doing the best for others who were suffering as well. Puts you to shame when you see how much some people put in.

My thoughts too are with his family and friends. RIP Alex

I've known Alex since he was little and been friends with his parents for over 30 years - I can tell you he was the bravest, most selfless and happy people that ever walked this earth - he lived for Latics and his family as well as his work wth the Meningitis Trust.

His work will live on, and if we do well this season, there would be nobody more pleased.

RIP Big Man - legend in every sense x

I had the pleasure of knowing Alex through playing Wheelchair basketball with the Oldham Owls. One thing that struck you from the first minute you met him was his enthusiasm for sport and a desire to please other people before himself. His work for the meningitis trust was truly fantastic and I am sure that other people in the future will benefit from his efforts to raise awareness of this terrible illness.

His love for Latics could not be faulted and even when the team was playing below par it would not stop him cheering the lads on in the hope that they could turn things around and get a postive result.

Rest in peace Alex

A true ambassodor for life and a remarkable young man; Duncan Bannatyne was so touched by Alex that he classed him as a personal friend and an inspiration.

I think the club have a duty to celebrate the short but magnificent contribution he made to life and his selfless work with the meningitis trust, i EXPECT a fitting tribute from Latics either tomorrow or before the Sheff Weds game.

RIP young man #achieveandbelieve

A true ambassodor for life and a remarkable young man; Duncan Bannatyne was so touched by Alex that he classed him as a personal friend and an inspiration.

I think the club have a duty to celebrate the short but magnificent contribution he made to life and his selfless work with the meningitis trust, i EXPECT a fitting tribute from Latics either tomorrow or before the Sheff Weds game.

RIP young man #achieveandbelieve

Before sheff weds would be better, as there will probably be a bigger crowd and its on tv.