176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going back to the subject of the clubs lack of ambition..........Wimbledon are planning to build a 22,000 all seater stadium next to their former site at Plough Lane.

If that goes ahead I can see it going drastically wrong for them, which is a shame since a lot of genuine football fans have a little soft spot for AFC Wimbledon.

Just going back to the subject of the clubs lack of ambition..........Wimbledon are planning to build a 22,000 all seater stadium next to their former site at Plough Lane.

It's going to be a multi-sports arena i believe, i heard they were even contemplating having a roof on and staging other sports such as ice hockey, basketball in the week - not entirely sure how it would work!

They struggled to get 4,000 at times in the Prem, ok they were playing at Selhurst Park but back then they were the bitches of the top-flight - most clubs' fans took over their home games, crazy decision! The Crazy Gang rising through the divisions is one that simply won't happen again unless they throw tens of millions at it.

They struggled to get 4,000 at times in the Prem, ok they were playing at Selhurst Park but back then they were the bitches of the top-flight - most clubs' fans took over their home games, crazy decision! The Crazy Gang rising through the divisions is one that simply won't happen again unless they throw tens of millions at it.

I have mentioned before the 7,000 vs 63 crowd I was in the hard end of at Selhurst when Forest visited. Crazy situation. They will never see 10k in a home game ever however they build it.

I have mentioned before the 7,000 vs 63 crowd I was in the hard end of at Selhurst when Forest visited. Crazy situation. They will never see 10k in a home game ever however they build it.

What was wimbledon FC's average attendance when they were in the premiership?

Wimbledon FC had an average attendance of 17.157 for their home matches back in their 1999-2000 Premier League. They had 19 matches.

report this answer

Answered by kgb agent Danica R on Friday, February 10 2012 at 06:29PM GMT

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/what-was-wimbledon-fcs-average-attendance-when-they-were-in-the-premiership/21970705#ixzz23CveHCGc

It often costs more to get the building to ground level than what you see above it. No big local construction firms left really of such standing since Dews went bump in 2004. The likes of Carillion get all the big schools etc. incidently to put in context I am aware of a new build school being built built under the new system has to allow £11,000 for classroom clocks how mad is that. Puts latics costs in perspective.

Dew were taken over by DCT who are currently working a mile away from BP at the new North Chadderton School.

Wimbledons plan is to build a 12,000 mixed standing and seated capacity stadium that is capable of being expanded to 22,000. as detailed on their website.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/clubdocs/2012-08-06_AFC_Wimbledon_Merton_Council_submission_press_release.pdf

Wimbledons plan is to build a 12,000 mixed standing and seated capacity stadium that is capable of being expanded to 22,000. as detailed on their website.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/clubdocs/2012-08-06_AFC_Wimbledon_Merton_Council_submission_press_release.pdf

Don't let the facts get in the way of a "lacking ambition" comparison.

What was wimbledon FC's average attendance when they were in the premiership?

Wimbledon FC had an average attendance of 17.157 for their home matches back in their 1999-2000 Premier League. They had 19 matches.

report this answer

Answered by kgb agent Danica R on Friday, February 10 2012 at 06:29PM GMT

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/what-was-wimbledon-fcs-average-attendance-when-they-were-in-the-premiership/21970705#ixzz23CveHCGc

http://football.totalworlds.com/clubs/attendances/wimbledon&fcum.html

About 3k average since they formed

Dew were taken over by DCT who are currently working a mile away from BP at the new North Chadderton School.

They were but the majority of office staff were either made redundant (mostly) or a few moved to other areas of the country mainly Sheffield and Leicester. Before retraining was my last job in the Construction Industry, seeing them fall apart was the reason why I threw the towel in and retrained. Second time in two years I was facing redundancy and 2004 was round about the time the wheels were beginning to come off after the previous booms.

Edited by oafcprozac

As well as the walling contracts throughout Saddleworth, we were subbing Amey Mouchel too on large Civils Contracts on the M6 and M1, we refurbished the Ironbridge in Shropshire (Coalport) and there was a big job in Northumberland amongst others. The order books were pretty healthy but it was amazing how quickly the situation deteriorated. It took a few weeks of serious heart to hearts with the missus, before I decided I wasn't prepared scrape around for another estimating role and it was time to move on and possibly retrain.

Got to be a nice cold fosters!

I reckon a wetherspoons would do well at BP to be honest, cheaper than Clayton Green and would be packed on match days

No!

There are too many depressing, antiseptic chain pubs as it is.

Needs to be independently run (or OAFC run)

A bit different.

Away fans will make more of an effort to come back.

Got to be a nice cold fosters!

I reckon a wetherspoons would do well at BP to be honest, cheaper than Clayton Green and would be packed on match days

Wash your mouth out. Fosters is awful, for a supposedly Aussie Beer it's strange how so few pubs in Oz stock it and so few people drink it.

If doable I think a bar open when Oldham play with commentary for away games might bring in a bit more money.

Plus what does a 17 year old know about drinking/pubs, when I was that age the best pub was the one that served me.

Edited by rudemedic