My views on tonight

Come on Stevie, he's a sports conditioner PD and Taggart are coaches, Dux too (but he's been ill) he shouldn't imo be giving instructions to subs off a clipboard when there's 10 minutes to go and we know what the issue is, we need a goal he needs to get in the box. His job is to help the players stay fit, conditioned and look after their bodies. Not to tell our subs what to do in a match where we are trailing 3-2...

What next Neil Joy taking training? Set-pieces with Michelle out of the shop? Random pie girl taking goalkeeping training? I know we're making cut backs but...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Stevie, he's a sports conditioner PD and Taggart are coaches, Dux too (but he's been ill) he shouldn't imo be giving instructions to subs off a clipboard when there's 10 minutes to go and we know what the issue is, we need a goal he needs to get in the box. His job is to help the players stay fit, conditioned and look after their bodies. Not to tell our subs what to do in a match where we are trailing 3-2...

What next Neil Joy taking training? Set-pieces with Michelle out of the shop? Random pie girl taking goalkeeping training? I know we're making cut backs but...

We've tried most things over recent years with little success, can't see the harm in giving this one a go.

Sounds like moaning for moaning's sake to me. If Dickov's not happy with it, I'm sure he'll put the fitness 'bitch' in his/her place.

Despite your distaste at whatever happened, you thought your opinion was worth giving to Dickov.

I was moaning mainly because it took Smith 3 or 4 minutes longer than it should have done to get him out onto the field through the management team's insistence in giving nonsensical instructions when urgency was the key.

That should probably be commended, to be fair.

I don't think any of Byrne, Croft, Changy and Grounds are bad for the positions they were in last night but it's not quite right as a foursome. Not enough legs to stretch a team on one side and Grounds doesn't look the type to overlap enough to support Changy playing narrow. I can hardly remember such a level of agreement on here as there is about Brown coming in and Byrne moving inside.

Oh, and whilst Croft is clearly decent, I really can't see how it's wrong to say he is fat!

I can hardly remember such a level of agreement on here as there is about Brown coming in and Byrne moving inside.

Isn't Byrne a right-back that can fill in at centre half though rather than CB being his most effective position? If so, wouldn't this be a return to the square pegs, round holes syndrome that people complain about?

Isn't Byrne a right-back that can fill in at centre half though rather than CB being his most effective position? If so, wouldn't this be a return to the square pegs, round holes syndrome that people complain about?

I thought he was happy at either although couldn't swear to it.

We've tried most things over recent years with little success, can't see the harm in giving this one a go.

I remember the Droylsden manager delegating his tea ladies to manage the team during during the rounds of a cup competition - and they won the trophy. :grin:

I remember the Droylsden manager delegating his tea ladies to manage the team during during the rounds of a cup competition - and they won the trophy. :grin:

Given last night's second half performance, and our second halves over the past couple of years, perhaps the tea ladies could take over the HT team talk and PD serve the tea

:grin:

Given last night's second half performance, and our second halves over the past couple of years, perhaps the tea ladies could take over the HT team talk and PD serve the tea

Have you ever seen that old B&W movie, The Arsenal Stadium Mystery, the players were smoking fags, and lemons were the half time stimulant, must have worked as they were a great team.

How different from now...

Edited by BP1960

All I saw him do last night in the 2nd half was drink his tea anyway, then fold his arms and then when it went it 2-2 he simply sat down!

And it's fair to say he has experience in being a brew bitch….

article-2082861-0F58CDF500000578-521_468x310.jpg

So are we all agreed then? Last night was disappointing and we showed a few standard errors, but ultimately it is early days and Saturday is far more crucial.

Young lads need to keep working hard, and we need to decide on the balance if the side, but that is what PD is paid to do and I'm happy to let him get on with it.

Yeah, he's pretty much played at right back all his career, certainly at Scunthorpe.

Tarkowski isn't ready to be first choice at the moment IMO, think it might be a repeat of last season though where we had a dodgy start and had to go shopping on deadline day to strengthen.

Yeah, he's pretty much played at right back all his career, certainly at Scunthorpe.

Tarkowski isn't ready to be first choice at the moment IMO, think it might be a repeat of last season though where we had a dodgy start and had to go shopping on deadline day to strengthen.

I think he said he played half the time at cb and half at rb at Scunthorpe.

All I saw him do last night in the 2nd half was drink his tea anyway, then fold his arms and then when it went it 2-2 he simply sat down!

And it's fair to say he has experience in being a brew bitch….

article-2082861-0F58CDF500000578-521_468x310.jpg

Ha Ha Good one.

Was he a bit late substituting that teapot for the new one?

Yeah he wanted to serve coffee but found the shop shut, then he couldn't decide on skimmed or semi-skimmed. Corney informed him that he'd have to use 'Marvel'. Sugar failed a late fitness test and he again overlooked Splenda for Sweet n Low……those waiting in the rain stated it tasted like cat piss, but Dickov defended his brew making technique saying he had given his all, he had followed Paul Butler's notes to the letter and Gerry Taggart proved that a threatened watched kettle does indeed boil….

Yeah he wanted to serve coffee but found the shop shut, then he couldn't decide on skimmed or semi-skimmed. Corney informed him that he'd have to use 'Marvel'. Sugar failed a late fitness test and he again overlooked Splenda for Sweet n Low……those waiting in the rain stated it tasted like cat piss, but Dickov defended his brew making technique saying he had given his all, he had followed Paul Butler's notes to the letter and Gerry Taggart proved that a threatened watched kettle does indeed boil….

I heard PD was late out, due to re reading the note that had the 4 page instructions how to pour the tea...

Edited by singe

bit harsh fanakapan..

As for Croft - I was quite impressed....

He did a lot more than one single cross and was even running back doing some excellent timed tackles to prevent goals.... in the first half.

The second he got marked out of the game cos they knew he was a threat.

OK, he is slightly fat but hopefully matches will help him lose that weight. It's the start of the season and I expect good things from him.

The others.... kind of agree with.