Corney: Not fit for purpose

Fifty grand does seem a bit much but lets not forget penney spent fifty on colbeck, which was also too much. But if he as spent fifty grand on montano, but not clarke that seems an error in judgement to me.

Edited by jburbri

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want the £50k wasted thats all. Montano is a big risk we cant really afford can we at £50k The £850 whatever is great but a long way to go with that yet to make a difference.

if we couldn't afford it he wouldn't have dug deep (again) and spent it.

many on here constantly snipe about SC not spending enough, now some are sniping about him spending to much and/or spending it on the wrong position/player.

without checking I bet there are several doing both.

i'd say "unbelievable" but, sadly, it's par for the course

My last game was 10 games near to the end of last season im SO glad i don't go anymore, they just bore the :censored: out of me and no more going home angry and depressed i feel great haa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So helpful. So supportive.

Reckon's there gunna be a Shezza or Royle return soon..

If PD is to be sacked then got a feeling with the 'concern in drop of attendances' that he'll look to an old favourite at the club to bring some people back..

:laught30:

We did Royle - it didn't work

Sheridan as an appointment will probably upset more than it pleases.

:laught30:

We did Royle - it didn't work

I don't go along with this. Royle was given the task of sorting out a team that was falling apart at the seams.

I'd still have him back. He's a far better manager than anyone else we could attract and is probably stupid enough to take the job.

I don't go along with this. Royle was given the task of sorting out a team that was falling apart at the seams.

I'd still have him back. He's a far better manager than anyone else we could attract and is probably stupid enough to take the job.

Does anyone know the players Big Joe signed during his last spell ?

If SC has already previously had the meeting some have suggested, then surely this is a last call to arms for Dickov and co. What more can they expect? Also I too am a lapsed attendee, with work and being sick to :censored:ing death of lame performances spoiling the enjoyment.

Harry its a message board and unless you post an opinion a very dull blank screen. I think we are that desperate for a goalscorer the money should have gone on a Clarke or whoever. Montano is a "Who" signing and a massive risk when money allegedly tight. I was chuffed we got him could be a great investment but wasnt aware it was for £50k+ up front. Part of being a director is finding the cash and then some but from whats been on the pitch so far I stand by a strange use of money right now. SC remarks today are spot on to those that go like yourself but foolish at the same time as will not add 1 person to gate for next home match. Results will. I hope Montano is fantastic and as you say you cant win but stay aways will stay away with the crap being offered week in week out thats reality even Corney says he doesnt blame them.

Other than cheap entry, nothing he could have said would add one person to the gate.

You keep mentioning this as if it was the purpose of his rant?

If SC has already previously had the meeting some have suggested, then surely this is a last call to arms for Dickov and co. What more can they expect? Also I too am a lapsed attendee, with work and being sick to :censored:ing death of lame performances spoiling the enjoyment.

You don't come across has being nearly as smug about it though!

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

I would be sorry to see Dickov leave, he's a likeable guy but he doesn't have the experience required for this job, we've had more experienced managers with good CV's that have also failed to halt the slide

If the inevitable happens and he does go, for me, Andy Ritchie in a caretaker roll would be the way forward and would maybe attract a few stayaways to return.

If he does well perhaps we could keep him on till the end of the season or even permanently if it suits.

One thing is certain, if we have to spend a few bob to get the right man in then we should do it.

We cannot afford to experiment with rookies like Shez and Dickov, it is essential that the next appointment is the right one or it may be our last!!

Supple and Westlake and a kid from chelsea. But Didn't let hughes Hold the club to ransom over his contract.

was it Big Joe who brought in the young Portuguese winger - the one who made me spit out a pie laughing so much at him running about when the game had in fact stopped? Didn't think it was but maybe.....

Edited by slystallone

Guest Scratch2000uk

Dickov and his team are by the sounds of it, about to join the september sack race! :titanic: Unless things pick up drastically and soon!!