Corney: Not fit for purpose

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5000 posts and that one sums it up..... Why would anyone of the stay aways return having read that article. £50,000 on Montano is ludicrous when people are flogging to raise money in £1.50 chunks with enthusiasm. Must say hopes for Montano but not at £50,000.

Sadly I have just been drained of enthusiasm.

Keep your chin up kid.

Someone you obviously admire once said............

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

Why's £50,000 on a winger ludicrous? Speculate to accumulate an all that. If we're to be ran as a business then surely spending some money with the hope of cashing in is the way to go? I suspect That's the argument PD put across when asking for the funds. No reason it won't turn into a great investment

even though it has been complete pish the first two games and I'm struggling to justify going to the next home match. IMO Corney shouldn't be saying things like "I don't blame the fans for not coming" I know it shows that he understands but it makes the customers believe that he doesn't know how to run the Business. When you're the man in charge it's not your job to highlight the problems, it's your job to solve them

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I love when Corney steps out and takes to the media! He'd be brilliant to interview - he simply can't help but talk sense and talk straight. That back-page is excellent too.

You get the sense he's just about stopping before he criticises Dickov. He's correct when he says the players are failing to repond to what Dickov is telling them. I do fear for Dickov now. A bad result at Portsmouth and Notts County could be his final game.

Everyone is frustrated and I don't think many will accept another dull, unimaginative home peformance. Including Corney.

I love when Corney steps out and takes to the media! He'd be brilliant to interview - he simply can't help but talk sense and talk straight. That back-page is excellent too.

You get the sense he's just about stopping before he criticises Dickov. He's correct when he says the players are failing to repond to what Dickov is telling them. I do fear for Dickov now. A bad result at Portsmouth and Notts County could be his final game.

Everyone is frustrated and I don't think many will accept another dull, unimaginative home peformance. Including Corney.

Yea!

It's pretty obvious now that Corney is losing patience aswell as the majority of us are on here. I also think he has a couple of games to pick up points.

I remember a lad posting on www.thefootballforum.net saying 'WATCH OUT LEAGUE 1' after we beat Manchester City and now that comment is just as cringey as it was when he posted it.

Agreed and hope your right, posted great signing but £50k looks expensive... think it should have gone on a proven goal getter which we havent got.

Won't know for a while but if you've got the right man in for the job (Dickov.....), part of his role is, especially at this level, to look for 'gems' with the eventual hope of making money back. Seem's logical to me that you put your faith into someone who's in the hotseat to do that.. Might end up being a flop but out of all the things to have a dig at Corney about I'm not going to do it about him putting his hand in his pocket.

On another note, any idea what he brought to the club? I might be nearly 200 miles away, but I've not heard a peep about or from him since he came back. Have I missed something too?

On reflection of his resignation, any one else spotted, that or form collapses when he is on the board? Might be wrong like

I too think Dickov will be gone by the time we begin October. His two previous bad runs were broken by the summer - this one has simply continued, despite new personnel. Whether they are up for it or not their heads going down, lack of effort and perceived lack of energy are pretty damning of the present regime.

Playing 451 at home was the final straw for me, he's had the backing of the fans all the way but that was an insult...

Edited by oafcprozac