Out of 10 whats your latics rating?

1 being, dont go, dont look out for results, basically not a fan

10 being you go every game, home and away, buy the programmes, shirts, arrange your social life around latics

5 or six years ago i was most certainly a 10. it was a given we went to every game up and down the country, spending thousands in the process. now i would say im no more than a 7. attend very few away games, and havent got a season ticket this year due to personal reasons. first time in 20 years.

obviously most of those who dont go anymore even if they have the option will be 2 and 3, but its more interesting to see just how many of those that do go go out of duty rather than actually enjoying the experience.

Pre-university I'd say 9. During university 6 (for obvious reasons). This is my first year back and only missed MK Dons on principle, so I'd say I'm edging back to 7/8/9.

The way I see it - the club can only enjoy good times if it exists. I can, though, understand how fans have turned their backs slightly in recent seasons. There are the idiots - and I call anyone an idiot right now if this is the case for you - who shun Latics after three or four poor results. However, those fans who have grown tired after 4-5 seasons of poor football and don't go often now I don't really have an issue with.

I just wish they would return, even just to help the club financially.

1 being, dont go, dont look out for results, basically not a fan

10 being you go every game, home and away, buy the programmes, shirts, arrange your social life around latics

5 or six years ago i was most certainly a 10. it was a given we went to every game up and down the country, spending thousands in the process. now i would say im no more than a 7. attend very few away games, and havent got a season ticket this year due to personal reasons. first time in 20 years.

obviously most of those who dont go anymore even if they have the option will be 2 and 3, but its more interesting to see just how many of those that do go go out of duty rather than actually enjoying the experience.

First half against the Wendies is the only one this season - class myself as a 5 or 6 - but the trend is definitely downward

Depends, go to every home game, but only a few away. So guess about a 6/7 then?

Uni next month though so will hardly be able to go many games for next 3 seasons, will still look out for results though so prob end up being a 3 whilst at Uni..

Now: 3? It's difficult to say without a full list of criteria. I only get to a handful of games a season, didn't go to BP last season at all (I think :grin:). Don't listen to Latics Player (Gordon and Roy get on my tits). I often forget we have games on a Tuesday (in my defence, I play on a Tuesday night and I'm not home and settled 'til gone 9pm). Losses are generally met with a roll of the eyes and are then forgotten about.

Then: 7, probably. I didn't go to many away games as a youngster, had a season ticket for about 7 or 8 years, had a few replica kits. Teeth were gnashed if we lost.

The apathy granted to me by living too far away to attend regularly is quite welcome, to be honest.

I only started supporting a season and a half ago and I go to almost every home game, most away games at the end of last year (never seen us win away from home) and going to do about 10+ away games this year.

Give myself a 5 then.

Good man (woman) - things will get better!

Different criteria for Londoners.

1 if you don't go outside the M25; if you don't go because your missus says you can't; if you cannot be arsed to listen to Gordon and Roy

10 if you go to every game south of the Watford Gap and some home games and put up with Gordon and Roy most Saturdays.

I'm gonna be rating myself quite highly this year. The missus spent the other afternoon booking tickets for concerts at the Wigmore Hall and experimental plays at the Royal Court and :censored: like that. I told her to stop and handed her a very full OASIS fixture list indeed.

6,season ticket holder & go to most northern/midlands away games & the odd southern trip.Used to go to majority of away games but since the hike in petrol prices & the southern dominance of our division over recent seasons it's been less and less each year.

1 if you don't go outside the M25; if you don't go because your missus says you can't; if you cannot be arsed to listen to Gordon and Roy

The one outside-the-M25 game I had intended to go to this season has been pushed to one side cos I fancy a piss-up in Oldham. Riddle me that, Silent Bob.

Used to be a 9.5 back in the day (late 80s) when I went to all home and the vast majority of the aways.

After the Littlewoods Cup final I went away to Uni and had to drop to a 5 with most of my news coming from newspaper cuttings my Mum would send me each week. I did start going again when I graduated but too much had changed from my early years. May have been the terraces, may have been the closeness and camaraderie I had felt with other Latics fans before the crowds had swelled.

Anyway, at best, I became an intermittent 3 or 2.

However, the birth of my son and his interest in football changed that. Having decided to take him to watch a game getting on for 3 years ago, it's become what we do. We buy pretty much anything old tat the club shop will stock, both have season tickets and attended 8 or 9 away matches last year.

I'd say I'm now a 7. He's an 8 for wearing a Latics training kit for each day of the summer holidays.

Different criteria for Londoners.

10 if you go to every game south of the Watford Gap and some home games and put up with Gordon and Roy most Saturdays.

I'm gonna be rating myself quite highly this year. The missus spent the other afternoon booking tickets for concerts at the Wigmore Hall and experimental plays at the Royal Court and :censored: like that. I told her to stop and handed her a very full OASIS fixture list indeed.

Think that makes me a 2, maybe a 3. I've stretched to Colchester back in the day. But I rarely go now, and doubt I'll be making many this season. Not proud of that.

Season ticket holder. Used to be a 9 but there's only so many times you can visit Brentford, Yeovil, Colchester and the rest before you've had enough. I do local away games (not one under Penney) and sides who come up or down that are worth visiting, Leicester, Charlton and the like.

Edited by ChrisA

who knows a 4 perhaps ?

Going to every home game , no away games . Set off at 2-30 and back home at 5-15 the maximum I will give these days.

Regular since 1982 & of course spoilt by all years from 86-7 onwards through to 94 .....crikey it's been grim ever since.