Baxter & Derbyshire

Thouroughly impressed second half. For the first time in a long time against ten men we used the extra man. Warbara looks class bar his crossing, Derbyshire looks busy and intelligent, can see him getting 5-8 goals given the service. Montano impressed me also. Wes looked like he had not been out injured and croft and furman we're busy and effective. Barring a cisak mistake (again) and a zero confident Simpson we would have won comfortably. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Edited by welshgaz

Derbyshire was impressive, did a lot of running and closing down in the first half and took his goal well!

Baxter also very impressive in the time he was on, wasn't scared to run at defenders, scored one and good header for the disallowed goal!

Agree completely that it should be Derbyshire + Baxter up top on Tuesday!

Thouroughly impressed second half. For the first time in a long time against ten men we used the extra man. Warbara looks class bar his crossing, Derbyshire looks busy and intelligent, can see him getting 5-8 goals given the service. Montano impressed me also. Wes looked like he had not been out injured and croft and furman we're busy and effective. Barring a cisak mistake (again) and a zero confident Simpson we would have clown comfortably. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Word for word, Gaz.

Although I couldn't see very well for their second - was it a Cisak mistake? Or was it just a cross/shot that sailed over?

Thought County were a disgrace and they should have been at least two men short, never mind one. A horrible side that benefitted from a clueless ref.

We looked good going forward and on another day would have had four or five.

SImpson needs to be dropped ASAP and a Baxter/Derbyshire front two is a must on Tuesday night.

My instinct is that Cisak should have got back for it.

But I'll reserve criticism until I've seen that one on telly.

I thought Montano had done brilliantly tracking back on that lol.

Cisak and Grounds need a wake up call, both half asleep when it mattered today.

Anyone else think the full back would have been sent off if they hadn't already had a man sent off, when he took out Montano when he had gone past the keeper out wide? Think the ref bottled it, they were a horrible team, dirty gits & diving cheats, then surround the ref to try to get him to even up the numbers!!

My instinct is that Cisak should have got back for it.

But I'll reserve criticism until I've seen that one on telly.

I thought Montano had done brilliantly tracking back on that lol.

Montano was tiring and put everything into that run back - he couldn't risk a challenge due to already being on a booking. Wes shouted something at him but there can be no blame on him at all

Anyone else think the full back would have been sent off if they hadn't already had a man sent off, when he took out Montano when he had gone past the keeper out wide?

It was a high, nasty tackle. No control. Justified a straight red anywhere on the pitch.

As for the covering defender, there was one at most and no goalkeeper. If the keeper had been the last man it would have been a red.

Think the ref bottled it, they were a horrible team, dirty gits & diving cheats, then surround the ref to try to get him to even up the numbers!!

I'm not going to slate a team for diving until Robbie stops throwing himself to the floor when somebody in the crowd sneezes. It's embarrassing.

Cisak was unlucky for the second, Grounds asleep for the first. Dickov should not have let Simpson take the penalty given his lack of confidence and the mess he made of the earlier free kick. Derbyshire was somewhat displeased by the penalty and when he was substituted but Baxter was a revelation - he took charge and wanted the ball. Smith offside for the injury time goal. The officials just not good enough. However two points lost.