Manager Performance

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear he's already out of a job & Dickov's just signed 3 new players & unbeaten in 3 so it can't be him either.

And I hope Dickov turns it round.

But I don't think he will.

So while he is "walking" today, he probably won't be at the end of October.

You can't look at that table above, knowing that he sits below Dave Penney, and expect him to magically improve everything after 133 tries.

Rummy

Would it be possible to see them soretd by PPG which is a fairer comparison I believe

Here you are, sorted by PPG ave (all 3 point wins), which is good news for Billy 'Power Behind The Throne' Urmson, however it doesn't offer any favours to Paul 'Ten Games' Dickov...

11ueya8.jpg

Email Corney for a definitive answer to your question.

However,if Dickov was a "Dead man walking" it wouldn't make sense him being given funds to bring in new players IMO.

Know what you mean about the timing of the signings but they signed for the club, not Dickov. I don't doubt that Corney's patience is wearing thin.

He might get the length of Derbyshire's loan to sort it out.

Email Corney for a definitive answer to your question.

However,if Dickov was a "Dead man walking" it wouldn't make sense him being given funds to bring in new players IMO.

Corney doesn't want him to fail.

But we've had "the best window ever" when stars like Reuben Reid signed.

We've had "great squad of players" and "best squad of players".

But the crowds continue to fall because we don't win enough games at home.

The new players, which are an investment in a short term loan and a short term contract, look like Dickov's last chance to me.

I would have been happy if Dickov left a few weeks back but he as brought in few decent signings and needs to be given a bit of time for the team to gel. We have looked a lot better the past couple games but looking at the table he is the worst manager we have ever had who as stayed with us for at least a season. Thats shocking.

Would you say Sheridan had less money to spend than Ronnie Moore?

I certainly don't remember him having more.

Makes his stats even more impressive for me.

He might not have had as much money (but I don't reckon there was much in it), but he certainly had his squad. I'll bang this particular drum forever more - we should never have got rid of Moore.

Corney doesn't want him to fail.

But we've had "the best window ever" when stars like Reuben Reid signed.

We've had "great squad of players" and "best squad of players".

But the crowds continue to fall because we don't win enough games at home.

The new players, which are an investment in a short term loan and a short term contract, look like Dickov's last chance to me.

Agreed.

He's a really likeable fella' but if we lose these next couple of games, I think he could go and I'd support that decision.

He might not have had as much money (but I don't reckon there was much in it), but he certainly had his squad. I'll bang this particular drum forever more - we should never have got rid of Moore.

The consensus of opinion always seems to have been that his results were good but it was the worst football we'd ever had to suffer.

Those stats say the results weren't much good either.

The consensus of opinion always seems to have been that his results were good but it was the worst football we'd ever had to suffer.

Those stats say the results weren't much good either.

Those stats don't tell you that we improved every season he was with us.

It's all conjecture, obviously, but I really believe we'd be a Championship side now if we'd kept him on for another season.

I dont think anyone would stick up for Dickov based on the stats. I think the reason he is getting time from the fans is because:

At times we have played some very good football under his reign (although most of it was when he took over)

He seems to be able to attract some good players

He comes across as a nice guy (which many recent managers havent)

There is unlikely to be many better options available out there!

People are sick of constant chopping and changing.

There is probably more and this isnt a Dickov in post, personally unless we are truly in trouble he should see this season out to see if he can improve. If it doesnt lets move on and thank him for his efforts.

When he does leave I think he'll leave on fairly good terms he's given it his best shot but is being proved to be of limited managerial ability, I think it would be the sane even if he had a top budget. He can attract the players but cannot gel them into an effective unit as a player he worked hard to get wherehe did with his limited ability it's the same in his managerial career he puts the work in but you need a bit of talent

-

I would have been happy if Dickov left a few weeks back but he as brought in few decent signings and needs to be given a bit of time for the team to gel. We have looked a lot better the past couple games but looking at the table he is the worst manager we have ever had who as stayed with us for at least a season. Thats shocking.

So we give him a bit more time, the team starts to gel and Derbyshire goes back to Forest and Baxter gets a move to the championship, then what?

Baxter and Derbyshire are here to kick start their careers and I'll be amazed if they are both still here after January. It's obvious Dickov has good contacts in the game but that's not enough....it's a short term fix and is just papering over the cracks!