Sheff Utd ballboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't look distressed like Adeyemi did at Anfield, saying that, we all react in different ways.

If I was to guess what happened then I thought it would be a few insults said by Croft, nothing racist. I can't see him being that stupid or vulgar.

I read on here before that it wasn't the ballboy that claimed there was anything racist said but a fan instead. If that was the case then from the looks of it the ballboy would have heard it all better than any fan could have.

I really don't think Croft would do it and I hope that he didn't. If he did though then I would want him to be punished severley because there is no place for racism within the game.

the ballboy shouldn't have kicked the ball away, simple as that.If anything racist was said by Croft, I'm not condoning it at all and he should be punished by the club, but surely it wouldn't have happened if he'd picked up the ball at his feet and given it to Crofty?

exactly

it's the ballboys fking fault.

edit: voted down for this? seriously.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Crofty will take his punishment from the club after admitting (I believe ) telling the lad he was a prick. Which he was. Unfortunately in the public spotlight as a professional when it blows up this is the usual aftermath. Crofty tried to shake hands afterwards so fair play to him for that. Take the fine and move on.

The guy who tried to confront Crofty and our players on the pitch was lead out the stadium whilst we were still stationary on the coaches by 3 policemen. Upon finger pointing and laughing at him he was laughing too in a kinda embarassed manner. Complete storm in a teacup all set up by the ball boy kicking the ball away from Crofty in an attempt to help out the Blades players waste time.

My suggestion is that Crofty writes to SUFC categorically denying any racist comment and asks if the ball boy can suggest a charity which Crofty sends a donation to. Crofty then says that the ball

boy and a friend on return game at BP gets VIP treatment from Crofty on the day - behind scenes etc. Job done !!

I presume Sheff U , swept along by the feel good effect of the sportsmanship shown in the Olympic Games , will be dealing with this issue which showed their club in a very poor light , with the manner in which the opposing team were inhibited from getting the ball back in play.

Shameful .

I presume Sheff U , swept along by the feel good effect of the sportsmanship shown in the Olympic Games , will be dealing with this issue which showed their club in a very poor light , with the manner in which the opposing team were inhibited from getting the ball back in play.

Shameful .

I agree it wasn't just thisnballboy as soon as they scored theywere dilatory in throwing the ball back shame on you Danny Wilson and sufc

Shameful .

It was one of the least sporting performances I've seen in terms of time wasting, the whole team as well as the ball boys. They were very clever about it - 2 examples which spring to mind:

Kitson booting the ball into the crowd after it had already gone out for a throw;

Blackman holding on to the ball and managing to get M'Voto booked for trying to retrieve it.

The ref bottled it on both occasions - Kitson should have been booked and big Jean shouldn't.

And when did Blackman turn into a mouthy, cocky little :censored:? He seemed like a nice lad when he was here but spent half of the game yesterday strutting around or moaning at the ref.

It was great to get the goal so late just to stick it to 'em.

Edited by bossrocks

And when did Blackman turn into a mouthy, cocky little :censored:? He seemed like a nice lad when he was here but spent half of the game yesterday strutting around or moaning at the ref.

I believe that's why Penney wouldn't play him and didn't renew the loan.

The alternative theory is that he was a striker and DP didn't understand what they were for.