We are the Arsenal of the second round draw

Big question is that if this match does take place, will Wimbledon bring any fans up

I seem to remember them saying last time round that the club would completely boycott the game as they don't want to acknowledge MK Dons as a football club. Unfortunately this would inevitably lead to the FA taking action against them.

I seem to remember them saying last time round that the club would completely boycott the game as they don't want to acknowledge MK Dons as a football club. Unfortunately this would inevitably lead to the FA taking action against them.

They said last year they would play it and have released a statement saying the same again this time.

I doubt many would make the trip. I'd also expect there'll be trouble. The interesting thing will be what they would do with the cheque Winkleman writes out for half the gate receipts (/turnover/profit/whatever it is).

I'd also imagine it would be picked for the telly, could AFC refuse to play on TV to prevent MK from earning a TV fee too?

As much as I want to see AFC climb the League ladder and the Dongs to disappear into obscurity with AFC winning this tie along the way, I wouldn't mind if Cambridge City spanked Wankleman's outfit in the replay. Can't see it happening unfortunately, but I'd love to see another "It's the worst day of my life" speech from Karl Robinson. Never mind, maybe Wimbledon can make it happen if they do meet up.

As for Donny, we certainly shouldn't be scared of them. we can match anyone in this division on our day.

Edited by Bristolatic

They said last year they would play it and have released a statement saying the same again this time.

I doubt many would make the trip. I'd also expect there'll be trouble. The interesting thing will be what they would do with the cheque Winkleman writes out for half the gate receipts (/turnover/profit/whatever it is).

I'd also imagine it would be picked for the telly, could AFC refuse to play on TV to prevent MK from earning a TV fee too?

Ah, maybe that was just a rumour then. Either way, I think it's a tie they very much want to avoid. Especially as it will be at Stadium MK.

Ah, maybe that was just a rumour then. Either way, I think it's a tie they very much want to avoid. Especially as it will be at Stadium MK.

From what I remember they said they had discussed it but it turned out there was no limit to the punishment the FA could hand out so they decided it wasn't worth potentially putting their club's future at risk (again). As much as I'd love to see this happen as a neutral, if Wimbledon fans don't want it then that's good enough for me.

On the MK vs AFC game, i'm sure i read quotes from the AFC lot the last time this game might have cropped up, that they as a club would be forced to play it, but as fans they wouldn't attend - as they dont acknowledge that MK Dons exist; and going watching them play wouldn't sit well. Add into the fact its at Stadium:MK and they'd but putting money into Winkleman and his dreadful club and i cant see AFC taking any fans at all to the game.

Football wise, I hope Ardleys lads stuff them, and fat Carl has another public crying session!

So what would happen if afc got promoted to our league and mk stayed down? Boycot the 2 games? Forfeit them?

You are confused Sir. AFC are a legitimate football club who have earned their place in our competitions through starting at the foot of the football League and working their way up. Uniquely, they are are awarded the honours of Wimbledon Football Club, which was stolen by the other lot, about whom...

Well, I've not been modded for a while, so I'll just say that they are :censored:heads ruled by a :censored: and managed by an arsehole and leave it at that.

Is it just me who really couldn't give a monkey's chuff about all this MK Dons fake hatred? Sure it's smacks of American franchise but where exactly were the real Don's heading?

Not the point where they were heading. If they were gonna die they should've Been allowed to do so naturally. If ever the same thing were to happen to another club, given our location, I'd have thought we'd be likely candidates.

Is it just me who really couldn't give a monkey's chuff about all this MK Dons fake hatred? Sure it's smacks of American franchise but where exactly were the real Don's heading?

Maybe non League. They move down, another real club moves up. Happy days for the supporters of another small club whose small number of fans have been through it all with them.