Just got in

Not gonna rant and rave, we simply reverted to type. A young hungry side, wanted it more two banks of four happy to play on the break, Dickov tried to change it but we were found wanting. Mark Baxter out of the game, starve Derbyshire of service and you beat us easily.

We go again Saturday, but if Ronnie does what Blackwell did tonight given they are full of goals, we could be facing a real tonking as I think Dickov will go even more into his shell as Baxter will be out, he was limping badly.

I wanted 20 points by the end of October, we've got 17 going into the second week of November, the performances against PNE and Orient really were the exception to the rule, there's a few slipped back into the comfort zone and simply gone back to same :censored: tactics that saw us win one out of the first 8. In the league we're back to 1 win in 5…..

I try to keep my glass half full, however that tonight was absolute garbage.

We just didn't want it as much as Bury.

They got a very lucky own goal and stuck everyone behind the ball and the officials were fecking awful (2 or 3 decent shouts for a penalty).

Play like that on Saturday and we will get battered!

The first half was a pathetic , passionless excuse for why these guys play at this level.

Bury worked their socks off hunting in packs, when we had the ball it was difficult to find anyone to pass it to.

How on earth can a team with so many players of ability batter Preston , outplay Sheff U , match Crawley with 10 men and look so useless against Bury ?

The half time talk should have peeled paint off the walls.

Some people have to bust a gut getting to night matches after 'real work' to be offered that dross.

I thought Grounds might get sent off ,as he was constantly having to cover for Montano losing the ball in possession.

Let's not have any more 'gutted , let the boss and fans down' drivel on social media , it is getting tedious.

This is so disappointing.

One of the big positives about Saturday was that everyone put it a decent performance and they were professional. Granted we were playing lower opposition but it didn't sound like Bury had much quality either, just hard work, discipline and a scrappy side to their game.

Considering that there's so much uncertainty about our season post-December, opportunities for 3 points like this become even more important.

Hopefully things will be different on Saturday.

You know were 1 down at home when Matt smith comes on which in turn means we have lost!

Seriously?

We might've been 0-0 against Orient rather than losing, but most said that Smith made a big impact and helped us win.

Not to mention his goal at Bramall Lane.

Going long to Smith late in a game is far from a bad idea.

we were poor and Bury didn't have to do anything special to beat us fairly easily. We didn't deserve anything from it, but it's fair to say the ref robbed us the chance to get a lucky point. We had one blatant penalty (Furman) somehow turned away and another one for a push that i'm sure will have been given in another game somewhere tonight. Then Bury go and get a penalty that's as clear as the one we should have had. I'm not saying the ref cost us the points because we were as bad as we have been for at least a month, but the referee was as poor as any latics player was tonight.

we were poor and Bury didn't have to do anything special to beat us fairly easily. We didn't deserve anything from it, but it's fair to say the ref robbed us the chance to get a lucky point. We had one blatant penalty (Furman) somehow turned away and another one for a push that i'm sure will have been given in another game somewhere tonight. Then Bury go and get a penalty that's as clear as the one we should have had. I'm not saying the ref cost us the points because we were as bad as we have been for at least a month, but the referee was as poor as any latics player was tonight.

100% agree

Supporting this team is making me ill, just when you think the corner is turned we put in a performance like that. We were out fought, out thought, and totally sussed. We should have had a shot on goal in the first 30 seconds but Montano dithered on the ball and the chance was lost and that was the nearest we came to scoring in the first half.

Was Montano injured or ill or something as he was bloody dire, and Baxter should have come off in the first half yet played on one leg for nearly an hour....I just hope he's fit for Saturday.

We hoofed it to Simpson all match and yet he won next to nothing in the air, why can't Bouzanis feed the full backs instead of hoofing it constantly!!!

Dickov was doing my head in again, constantly berating the fourth official, does he not realise his protests will change nothing.....concentrate on your own players for God's sake.

Tactically we were clueless and Blackwell had his team spot on......it again boils down to plan B or lack of it. We had a great chance to go in to Saturday's game on a high but yet again we shoot ourselves in the foot.......it is so bloody frustrating!

Our inconsistency drives me round the bend. We should have laid into bury straight from the off and gained the upper hand.

Too many think they only have to turn up to gain the 3pts. As i've said numerous times, this bunch of players should be nowhere near a relegation scrap.

oh and we can't even watch that drivel from the Rochdale Road End because they bring.......700 ish fans.

Not really a Rochdale Road Season Ticket is it , I get the feeling we will be 'allowed' in their less and less.

That defeat had nothing to do with the offficials and I hope management don't even attempt to use them as an excuse ,we were not at the races from the first minute .

If I was the chairman / investor I would be getting extremly fed up of these type of performances and their frequency.

Derbyshire couldnt wait to get off at the end - he looked well p***ed off.

You have a bloke who runs the channels superbly and attacks the near post for low crosses better than any striker I've seen since I started watching Latics.

We then hoof it time after time to their bigger centre halfs. Or flight in airy fairy high crosses.

Totally :censored:ing brainless. And it lasted most of the game, even when we were on top.

A special mention for Robbie Simpson tonight. Played in three different positions and was :censored:e in all of them!

You have a bloke who runs the channels superbly and attacks the near post for low crosses better than any striker I've seen since I started watching Latics.

We then hoof it time after time to their bigger centre halfs. Or flight in airy fairy high crosses.

Totally :censored:ing brainless. And it lasted most of the game, even when we were on top.

A special mention for Robbie Simpson tonight. Played in three different positions and was :censored:e in all of them!

Thank :censored: for that, thought i'd be the only one that felt that way. He's been :censored: since undeservedly regaining his place full stop. But i'm sure Robbie will think 'job done' at netting a meaningless goal….

Edited by oafcprozac

Bury. Bury FC. They should NOT be dominating our set of players, individually we are top half, easily, yet we got battered by them in the first half. Simply atrocious. We deserved nothing.

1st goal was just bad luck. These things happen to every team.

For the majority of the 1st half they outpassed us, crowded the middle and pressed forward. How many passes did we complete in their half? Furman and Wes, in the recent good form pushed forward into their half, today they were effectively 5m in front of our CBs. Do they not trust Tarkowski? Their midfielders were comfortable dealing with Baxter and Derbyshire.

2nd half we had that useless 10 minute spell where we press, get corners but don't score. We must have consistency not only in form but in gametime. Eliminate the 10 minute spells and pressurise throughout. The most enthusiastic our fans got were from possible second yellow cards, we didn't get 1 clear cut chance and the only time I remember us getting the ball on the edge of the box with a possbility to run at their CB Derbyshire did a tame volley that he should've controlled.

Simpson's performance summed up our night.

No one played particularly well, but I thought he was the best of a bad bunch. Unlucky with the shot from miles out and took his goal reasonably well - basically the only two "pluses" to come out of tonight.

That said, the midfield need to start taking some of the goalscoring responsibility - don't think Wes or Croft have come close to scoring and Furman, Monty and Simpson have just scored one each this season, I think. Derbyshire didn't have his best game tonight, and while he's not on form, the rest of the team have to step up.

Dire performance from us in general - very "BC" (Before Crewe). Long balls to no one.

The refereeing was bizarre for both sides - in this division, it seems the case in every game that the ref makes a terrible decision for one team, and then intentionally evens it up by making a terrible decision for the other.

Bad night - it comes to something when the biggest cheer of the game was for, what I hope was, an inflated balloon being padded around the Chaddy....

Edited by JoeP