Should Latics have kept Joe Colbeck

Super Joe  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics have kept Joe Colbeck?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Latics had kept Joe Colbeck, which division would they be in now?

• Higher than League One
    • League One
    • League Two
    • Non-league
    • Out of existence

Best game was at Wycombe on a freezing snowey day when we did not know if the game was on until we got there!!I have been told by Dave Brierley ,former chairman,that Penney had the choice between him and Rhodes who was with Ipswich at the time,for the same money and Rhodes was recommended to Penney by both Royle and Micky Quinn but Penney said Colbeck was a much better choice!!.

Best game was at Wycombe on a freezing snowey day when we did not know if the game was on until we got there!!I have been told by Dave Brierley ,former chairman,that Penney had the choice between him and Rhodes who was with Ipswich at the time,for the same money and Rhodes was recommended to Penney by both Royle and Micky Quinn but Penney said Colbeck was a much better choice!!.

Rhodes as in Jordan?

Yes, of course, you'd always pay 60 grand for a League 2 winger (well, I think he was) rather than a Championship club striker. Always one to spot potential, was good ol' DP.

And what is Penney doing after almost single handed ruining our club with his his signing of his old mates from Hudds,Darlington and Donny rejects and missing out on Jordan Rhodes who was sold for £7 milliion and refusing the advise of Royle and Quinn in favour of his "next Stanley Matthews"

And what is Penney doing after almost single handed ruining our club with his his signing of his old mates from Hudds,Darlington and Donny rejects and missing out on Jordan Rhodes who was sold for £7 milliion and refusing the advise of Royle and Quinn in favour of his "next Stanley Matthews"

I refuse to believe that this is true! But from looking at Penney's signings I think it is quite obvious some dodgy deals were going on with the :censored:e that was being brought in.

Believe what you want .That was said to me by Dave Brierley in the White Hart at Lydgate recently...and no I was not pi$$ed.We had a good chat also about SC and he has not a bad word to say about him..A very decent bloke is DB who was a former chairman for those who do not know him.

I have the pleasure of reporting on Grimsby games for my job and, to be fair, Colbeck's done well. It's important to remember he's dropped two divisions though... But he was delivering some good crosses earlier this season, getting a fair share of assists. Grimsby are now second in the league (despite losing at Hyde the other night) and are a very solid and organised team - Rob Scott and Paul Hurst have transformed the place after a decade of decline. Colbeck has been an ever-present but he's just picked up a knee injury. Right now the Mariners have wingers Marcus Marshall and Scott Neilson on loan from Bury and Crawley respectively. Neilson, in particular, is a class act at Conference level.

Still have nightmares about that chance he missed v Leeds.

Now I'm usually very patient with our own players I don't get on the players backs and I don't like those that do they where the blue shirt and deserve our support but I went mental when he did that he could have come in my front room and taken a sh!t in the middle of the floor then wiped it all over my face and I would still have been less angry with him. The only time I have seen that happen is when I've played fifa and accidentally press the run button rather than the shoot button. In fact that sums up Joe Colbeck was someone controlling him with an Xbox hand set from one of the stands? Come on own up because if it was anyone on here it was greatest wind up of all time.