were not a bad team

Started reading the gospel according to Dickov but couldn't finish .... "We are not a bad team" We certainly are not as good a team as those players should be!!! You don't have to be bad or unlucky to be relegated you just have to fail to score enough goals. I don't want to be the best team, I just want us to be the team that wins and cutting out the mistakes is not the answer. Goals we need goals.

We should be a very good team because, for this league, we've got some talented players.

PAUL, HELLO, that's why we're so frustrated.

We could be, should be and, sometimes, clearly ARE a good team, but it doesn't last for more than a few games. It never does.

That has to be down to PD. Hope he can get it sorted, but I doubt it.

PD seems to be digging a grave here as if he says we are not a bad team and have good players but dont win games we should then ultimatley the blame has to lie with him as can get the message accross to the players

After Bournemouth which I expect nothing from we have winnable games and that one way or the other will seal his fate

The result is not in doubt. According to the OS: "Dickov says his side must approach the game in the same way as they did for matches at high-flying Sheffield United and Bournemouth, both of which they drew."

So there you have it, a point gained before we even get there. Oh, I see, the OS has cocked up again.

Latics have a good squad capable of being a top 6 side ,

BUT have we the capable manager to get us there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before you start "Oh not another PD out" comment , it isn't .

I want PD to succeed as much as anybody , as i am sure SC does.

But it is the one question that keeps coming back and sooner or later it will have to be answered one way or another.

Latics have a good squad capable of being a top 6 side ,

BUT have we the capable manager to be?????

Bang on the head there! And the simple fact is that we don't. PD has had more chance than any other manager in the league! He's been given money etc to assemble a good enough team but yet we are still stuck in the lower reaches of the league.

Irrespective of what happens beforehand; Dickov will go after we lose to Donny in the cup. I'd put a decent sized bet on it.

I bet a few bookies will give you very good odds on that. As it requires Corney not to be too trigger happy if we struggle further in the league before we play Donny in the cup. It then requires us to loose to Donny in the cup. You'd then have to give a end date as Corney could decide that he wants to give Dickov until the end of the season which would still be after we lost to Donny in the cup.

Irrespective of what happens beforehand; Dickov will go after we lose to Donny in the cup. I'd put a decent sized bet on it.

Agree and Donny have a good away record. They have won at Walsall, Colchester, Orient, Trannies, Notts c. and Portsmouth with draws at Sheff U and Hartlepool.

It's the same old generic s**t that comes from PD now. On paper our team should be at least top 12 but somehow we are 19th? It's the players are not listening or he's unable to get the very best out of the players. Either way the table dosnt lie and we are where we are because of our performance.

Isn't that the problem though?

On paper; we're a good side.

It's just a shame we play on grass, not paper.

Take away Baxter,wabara and Derbyshire, would we still have a good enough team to avoid relegation under a different manager?

Take away those 3 all I think our defensive record would be similar, before Saturday it was joint 6th best in the league.

The problem is that our attack, 3rd worst before Saturday, would be very unlikely to score again! It speaks volumes that the while the difference Baxter and Derbyshire have made has been obvious it has still only just got us off the bottom of the goals scored table.