Colchester on Saturday

This will be a great test of just how much the lads can show their abilities on a regular basis. It's one thing doing it in one of the most crucial games of the season with a lot riding on it but it's another to do it in what is, frankly, one of the most uninspiring games this season.

On that note, what match do people see as the most dour or unexciting match of the season when they look at the fixture list?

This will be a great test of just how much the lads can show their abilities on a regular basis. It's one thing doing it in one of the most crucial games of the season with a lot riding on it but it's another to do it in what is, frankly, one of the most uninspiring games this season.

On that note, what match do people see as the most dour or unexciting match of the season when they look at the fixture list?

When the fixtures are released at the start of the season and I scan the dates, there are so many that frankly do not interest me one jot - but I reckon it is different for everyone - for some Scunthorpe away may hold some attraction but for me it has no interest whatsoever.

I look forward to Bournemouth away simply because it is relatively local and I have good friends who live down that way.

The least inspiring?

Has to be Walsall away - even more so if it is a Tuesday evening in the winter months...

Have we won in Colchester since Wayno's goal in the ten-man win in 2002/03?

Dunno but the game at Layer Road the year after which featured sustained racist abiuse of "Wayno" as a Colchester player did more to turn me off regular attendance than the myriad other factors.

The 3 that stand out for me are:

Hartlepool - living in the South West for all my life has meant that it's always been the furthest journey to make, although I've been tempted to go to the Tuesday night matches in the last 2 seasons just because of how illogical it would be to travel there (then my bank balance helped me see sense)!

Colchester - as above, distance has been an issue but add to that a ground that makes BP look like a cauldron of noise and atmosphere.

Yeovil - distance isn't an issue but the last 2 visits I had there almost felt like a chore. As straight forward as it could've been to win both games it felt like we were doing everything we could not too! It was alright when they 1st came up to League One but now it's just a depressing place to watch a game (and I didn't even see Penney's last game either).

New grounds to visit such as Pompey, Kiddy and Forest are a great breath of fresh air after being in this league for so long!

Notoriously bad ground for us. They are hsvig a poor season too. A point would do nicely.

As is MK Dons, Brentford, Bournemouth, Yeovil, Carlisle, Scunthorpe and Hartlepool to name a few. But with the last option of that selection bad runs at these grounds must come to an end some day

As is MK Dons, Brentford, Bournemouth, Yeovil, Carlisle, Scunthorpe and Hartlepool to name a few. But with the last option of that selection bad runs at these grounds must come to an end some day

Ignore this season and in our last 4 trips to Brentford we've W1 D2 L1. And 8 visits to Scunny since the mid-70s have yielded a record of W3 D1 L4. Wouldn't class either of those as particularly bogey grounds.

As results tend to level up over time, I think it is more about where the bad grounds are (or a list of :censored:hole towns).

Luton always tops my list as it is awful. It's like a blackhole for grime and lacks completely in anything to do. I would travel out of my way to not go there again in my lifetime.

Out of town ones like Northampton and Chester don't have the redeeming features of decent central pubs that Shrewsbury and Colchester have. MK is a bit this way, but if you go to Bletchley it isn't too bad.

No colchester for me, miles away and would mean that i cant afford swindon next week with that travel expense its a no brainer, i shall be at the emirates for game against wba instead

So many away trips coming up I cant wait for 2013!

The away trips in 2013 are indeed much better, a few more closer to home which will be nice. Of course rounded off with a messy day in the smoke, happy times.

Edited by jsslatic

As results tend to level up over time, I think it is more about where the bad grounds are (or a list of :censored:hole towns).

Luton always tops my list as it is awful. It's like a blackhole for grime and lacks completely in anything to do. I would travel out of my way to not go there again in my lifetime.

Out of town ones like Northampton and Chester don't have the redeeming features of decent central pubs that Shrewsbury and Colchester have. MK is a bit this way, but if you go to Bletchley it isn't too bad.

I had a great away day at Luton a few years back - first game of the season and it was glorious summer weather. We sat outside in the beer garden (sic) at the Bedfordshire Yeoman (around the corner from the ground) and had a rare old craic with some top Luton fans.