Wes' Red

Disgraceful reaction from their player. Hence the "You're just a :censored: Balotelli" chant and "Cheat".

Just saw it on Goals Express on Sky Sports News and he took a tiny dig, nothing in it but Mozika's histrionics got Wes sent off and the crowd's fury.

Annoyingly it will be like Simpson's red card v Yeovil. Try to overturn it and we won't win but looking back at the incident it was a yellow only.

Still expect more discipline from Wes though, should know better than to do that, especially with more players willing to embarrass themselves in order to influence the referee's viewpoint.

Harsh but payback for similar shenanigans from Mr Taylor 6 years ago?

My memory,which is admittedly :censored:, was that Taylor was outstanding that day and was scythed down for both sendings off and that he was lucky not to leave the pitch on a stretcher. Is that not right?

My memory,which is admittedly :censored:, was that Taylor was outstanding that day and was scythed down for both sendings off and that he was lucky not to leave the pitch on a stretcher. Is that not right?

Id say so, the Cleveland Taylor tackle on Chris was a shocker

I agree with you I remember being able to hear one of the crunches from the opposite side of the pitch, but the Scunny fans felt that Taylor rolling around on the floor was what got their players sent off

I agree with you I remember being able to hear one of the crunches from the opposite side of the pitch, but the Scunny fans felt that Taylor rolling around on the floor was what got their players sent off

They cannot complain about players over-reacting after today's theatrics.

Literally tapped by Wes and the guy rolled so quickly it seemed as though he was on a 45 degree slope.

Pretty shameful really. I'd be embarrassed as a fan if one of our players made such an outrageous exaggeration from such an innocuous incident.

Edited by NewBlue

Both red cards were harsh over Xmas and the result of over the top play acting the FA should be consistent - neither was a red card and yet more simulation costs us two players for 6 games.

Both were worthy of appeals

I agree both were harsh but it is part of the game that all players cheat to get opponents in trouble as :censored: as that sounds, ours are no different

If you have any doubt about what the FA will do regarding the appeal then there is no point going forward

you said it yourself the FA are too inconsistent were reds are concerned, why chance a 1000 quid when the players should have the brains not to put themselves in stupid position were refs can make the wrong decision

Edited by palmer1

If we appeal and it gets overturned then we're probably not able to fine Wes. If we don't appeal, the red still stands and we can fine him a week's wage (or whatever the going rate is) - every little helps!

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the above thought process took place).

With the red cards you run the risk of an extended ban.

You pay your £500 and end up with a four match an instead of three.

In the case of Wes our own supporter says "he took a tiny dig". Well, that's violent conduct. You cannot hope to win an appeal. It's also stupidly unprofessional, knowing that your midfield buddy isn't going to be around until just before the Valentine Moon.

Ignore the gay reaction from the Scunthorpe player in the video for a moment and focus on what Wes does. It's soft, but he's had a go at him. No hope of winning that appeal. Ban can be doubled if it's seen as frivolous. Usually increased to four.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16518,00.html

The lack of appeal for M'Voto and his mistaken identity booking was more shocking.

Edited by opinions4u

If we appeal and it gets overturned then we're probably not able to fine Wes. If we don't appeal, the red still stands and we can fine him a week's wage (or whatever the going rate is) - every little helps!

(I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the above thought process took place).

No appeal - the ban stands...

So yet again we choose not to pay the £500 appeal fee.....

Because we wouldn't have won the appeal !!

To win there has to be clear evidence that the ref was wrong. The coverage shows nothing of the sort - at best marginal doubt but that's not enough. (From my viewing it does appear that Wes has a flick at the Scunny player with his right foot and in the letter of the law that's a red).

It does seem that you try and find fault with every decision the club makes.

Just watched the highlights... No point in a million years appealing. Lad makes a meal of it, soft to give away but he's left a dangling leg in on him intentionally. It's sad that that's a red but whether he'd stomped on him or just nicked him is irrelevant, to the letter of the law he was right to go. Daft one to give away