Segregation in RRE

I dont really understand the moat's use in the Rochdale Road End with regards to segregation. Is it not deemed adequate as away fans generally recieve the full allocation. Even in games such as this Liverpool one where demand would see fit to fill it with home fans. Or is it that the club would rather fill it with away fans than home?

FA cup rules stipulate only 10% of the capacity which is the small section of the stand, is required for the away support.

Always on 'police advice' the club have their arms bent (or so they say) and we are fed this excuse. Blackpool playoffs was one of the more recent. Anyone remember that sea of tangerine. Its a sorry sight when you're giving away 35-40% of the capacity to the opposition and expecting to create some sort of feel good factor and buzz to push us on to the biggest cup shock of the season.

It was deemed adequate against teams when we were in the premier league and has been used against teams who filled the small section in recent years, yet I do believe we will see the news headline - Liverpool recieve full allocation of RRE on police advice in the next few days.

If it's a case of the little chavs throwing sweets/coins at one another then surely a netting would stop that. With a £135,000 TV fee it's not an expense we could ill afford and 3,000 extra home fans rather than scousers would only benefit the side more and offer more of us who dont attend home games to maybe come back.

This is the biggest opportunity in the past decade for the club to get as many Oldhamers back into Boundary Park for one day as possible, but in all honesty I dont think they're arsed about who fills the seats.

Not to worry, im sure the Liverpool players will be happy when they come out at BP to see 4,600 scousers singing you'll never walk alone.

What are you complaining about. The statement does not make reference to the Rochdale Road end. Yet!!!!!

That will come out in due course.

Have faith. I think you will be surprised and be owing the club an apology

Indeed, what's the OP on about? There's been no announcement.

Let's just wait and see what is said. Hopefully the club don't forget the Scousers wouldn't segregate their upper tier last year, giving us less than the 15% to which we were entitled.

Little bird has told me that Latics fans will be in the Small Section, part of the justification for Higher Ticket Costs to help pay for increased Police (Cat C) Costs and more Stewarding.

And also the HIgher Ticket Costs will cover every car behind the RRE being relieved of it's tyres, Sat Navs and Car Radios…….

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130108-ticketdetails-586879.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Ticket prices for all areas of the ground are: Adult £25, Concessions (over-65's, under-16’s, students with valid OAFC membership card, ambulant disabled) £20.

Liverpool have been allocated the large section of the Rochdale Road Stand.

Edited by opinions4u

I dont really understand the moat's use in the Rochdale Road End with regards to segregation. Is it not deemed adequate as away fans generally recieve the full allocation. Even in games such as this Liverpool one where demand would see fit to fill it with home fans. Or is it that the club would rather fill it with away fans than home?

FA cup rules stipulate only 10% of the capacity which is the small section of the stand, is required for the away support.

Always on 'police advice' the club have their arms bent (or so they say) and we are fed this excuse. Blackpool playoffs was one of the more recent. Anyone remember that sea of tangerine. Its a sorry sight when you're giving away 35-40% of the capacity to the opposition and expecting to create some sort of feel good factor and buzz to push us on to the biggest cup shock of the season.

It was deemed adequate against teams when we were in the premier league and has been used against teams who filled the small section in recent years, yet I do believe we will see the news headline - Liverpool recieve full allocation of RRE on police advice in the next few days.

If it's a case of the little chavs throwing sweets/coins at one another then surely a netting would stop that. With a £135,000 TV fee it's not an expense we could ill afford and 3,000 extra home fans rather than scousers would only benefit the side more and offer more of us who dont attend home games to maybe come back.

This is the biggest opportunity in the past decade for the club to get as many Oldhamers back into Boundary Park for one day as possible, but in all honesty I dont think they're arsed about who fills the seats.

Not to worry, im sure the Liverpool players will be happy when they come out at BP to see 4,600 scousers singing you'll never walk alone.

Dead right.

The fact is we would need to pay more stewards / police and the club would rather feed us a crap excuse than tell us that.

Your apologies can be directed to Simon Corney & Neil Joy C/O Oldham Athletic Football Club.

You know, sometimes this club gets bollocked before it's even done anything.

The small section usually has a reduced capacity due to segregation and stewarding.....We should reverse this and segregate from the big end thus giving home fans the maximum capacity available.

Happy with this and I hope the home fans respond in filling the ground. I know it's on TV but if we can't muster 7800 home fans for a game like this the future is very bleak indeed!

IF we'd have been able to fill the large section ourselves (and I do think that's an IF, given that its on TV), it would have been nice to have BP packed with 'tics but giving them the large section is a fair compromise.

I do think they'll be a lot noisier than us with the acoustics of the RRE - it might still seem like there are more of them than us so lets hope we can create a decent atmosphere of our own. For this reason alone I'm pleased they've not been given the full stand.

Edited by bossrocks

If a line of stewards is all that's needed in the premier, then why not a 6ft wide moat? Perhaps we could fill it with sharp sticks or angry reptiles just to satisfy the pansies at GMP??

Couldn't we just hire these as stewards ?;

Strange_But_True_2-_189903t.jpg

Your apologies can be directed to Simon Corney & Neil Joy C/O Oldham Athletic Football Club.

You know, sometimes this club gets bollocked before it's even done anything.

You can hardly blame him. :censored: me, you want a pat on the back when the club do something correct? It has a long, grim history of completely :censored:ing about their own fanbase.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly