where is the Jose thread?

On it's own...all singing and all dancing whooping it up that Jose Baxter baby has signed on for 2 and a half years. Yeah we lost today AGAIN............................but we have our new hero.

Yes you heard it right, the guy we've been singing the praises of week in and week out is a full on Latics player for 2 and half years.

Great he's signed, but:

- He want's his head read.

- Blimey, we need to build a better team around him.

- It's a team that wins games and it's a team that loses them - we're a million miles away from a team that will survive because, with and without Jose, we've been sh*te this season.

Edited by JoeP

Donny at home in the cup too, oh and Crewe and Pompey away. But I have to agree with the context of your point. A central midfielder preferably with experience, a left winger and a striker are vital. Am I wishing here?

Edited to avoid getting into specific games - there have been times when we have been good but I think if you could give this season an overview it would be "sh*te".

Agree, left winger and striker are needed - but only any use if they're played in the right system (For example not the system that has been played in the majority of games this season).

Am gobsmacked that he has signed.

Think that he has signed as a thank you to the club for giving him a chance after many injuries. But I really don't think that he, or the club, expects him to see out the deal. I imagine that in the summer he will move to a higher division club for a (hopefully) big fee.

But given that he could (and in terms of his own financial benefit should) have left now for free I think it is an amazing gesture. On the back of the fact apparently he turned down another contract at Everton to sit on the bench / play reserve football for more money, but wanted to play regularly so went to a 3rd division team - I think he is a very genuine and rare thing in modern football.

If I am wrong and he stays - make him captain, build a team round him and see if we can get success.

Make no mistake, this is a fantastic signing for us, we have real chance to build a team around Jose, the more quality you have in the team the easier it is to attract others. A chance for some momentum for next seasons per season signings. I think we can get more from Montano as he matures and feel we can get much more from Furman and Wes under improved coaching staff which must be our next big signing (also feel we will see Sutherland feature next season, looks promising to me). Need to get this season out of the way as far as the league is concerned and enjoy the cup match?

Jury is still out on Dickove isn't it but we all like him and want him to take us forward, key coaching appointment Mr Corney next please.

On it's own...all singing and all dancing whooping it up that Jose Baxter baby has signed on for 2 and a half years. Yeah we lost today AGAIN............................but we have our new hero.

Yes you heard it right, the guy we've been singing the praises of week in and week out is a full on Latics player for 2 and half years.

Its definately a good post Lags, well done.

I think after that pile of :censored:e we served up today, everyone is crying into their beer.

However, lets try and keep this thread as upbeat as possible because that today is the best signing in Simon Corney or TTA's reign.

Fantastic work by all involved at the club!

I actually didn't feel the result as much today. It felt like we'd won at 2.59. He's young enough to be my son,but i love him (yes i've had a drink).

Nevertheless, really class act. Watching him through the game - he is on a different level if not planet to everything in this league. He is the nearest thing to my boyhood hero (in the picture) and the great man Stitch (and Groves).

Jose is a lad in the finest Oldham tradition. What a boost. A legend in the making....

I actually didn't feel the result as much today. It felt like we'd won at 2.59. He's young enough to be my son,but i love him (yes i've had a drink).

Nevertheless, really class act. Watching him through the game - he is on a different level if not planet to everything in this league. He is the nearest thing to my boyhood hero (in the picture) and the great man Stitch (and Groves).

Jose is a lad in the finest Oldham tradition. What a boost. A legend in the making....

That's probably why he's not on Twitter like the rest of the team!

Need to get this season out of the way as far as the league is concerned and enjoy the cup match?

Jury is still out on Dickov isn't it but we all like him and want him to take us forward, key coaching appointment Mr Corney next please.

Think the jury has already retired and delivered it's verdict on Dickov.

The 6/1 with Victor Chandler for us to be relegated looks a huge price.

Am gobsmacked that he has signed.

Think that he has signed as a thank you to the club for giving him a chance after many injuries. But I really don't think that he, or the club, expects him to see out the deal. I imagine that in the summer he will move to a higher division club for a (hopefully) big fee.

But given that he could (and in terms of his own financial benefit should) have left now for free I think it is an amazing gesture. On the back of the fact apparently he turned down another contract at Everton to sit on the bench / play reserve football for more money, but wanted to play regularly so went to a 3rd division team - I think he is a very genuine and rare thing in modern football.

If I am wrong and he stays - make him captain, build a team round him and see if we can get success.

I agree entirely. I said a couple of months ago when he started to look the business that it may be possible for him to make a gesture like this as a thank you for the leg up we have given him. As I said then, I wouldn’t mind betting there is a % of the selling fee in it for him when he eventually goes. Injuries apart I can only see this being the best signing we have made in a very long time taking into account the potential profit for the club. I also think it is an indication of the direction we are going and bodes well for next season. Corney and Dickov can’t possibly have talked him into this deal expecting him to play with general standard of players we have now. Some of his passing today was awesome. A very rare young man in this day and age. A saint if he stays two and a half years.