the drum

Oh no, people don't like it because it's 'annoying'

If you don't like it, stay at home and watch the game on ITV - it's a part of the atmosphere and 4/5 seasons ago was there every game and enhanced the atmosphere every game.

Jesus Wept.

Oh no, people have a difference in opinion and some feel that beating a drum tunelessly for 90 minutes is actually detrimental to any potential atmosphere.

Jesus wept.

an endless drum beating with no-one singing while getting hammered is :censored:in annoying, if you like it stay at home and bang your head against the wall mate

Oh no, people have a difference in opinion and some feel that beating a drum tunelessly for 90 minutes is actually detrimental to any potential atmosphere.

Jesus wept.

Didn't mean for the whole 90 minutes of course.

BUT it's good to get songs going for a change - i remember when BP had an atmosphere, even when Big Joe returned we had some atmosphere left.

Now, we have :censored: all and it's embarrassing!

Didn't mean for the whole 90 minutes of course.

BUT it's good to get songs going for a change - i remember when BP had an atmosphere, even when Big Joe returned we had some atmosphere left.

Now, we have :censored: all and it's embarrassing!

The reason there's no atmosphere isn't down to there being no drum though, it's down to years of drab, uninspiring :censored:e on the pitch and ever decreasing attendances. The best atmosphere's home and away from BP in recent years haven't had a drum.

Maybe I'm biased, as I really dislike drums at football in general. They're up there with vuvuzela's and those clappy stick things that were handed out at our last playoff games...

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Last year had a quality atmosphere, we got hammered by the end but at 75 minutes we were still in it a bit.

"What a waste of money" (Andy Carroll then scores)

"He's still a waste of money"

As for the original post I don't care as long as your not near me. Am I right in thinking that the OP is going to be in the RRE. A drum would be useful to drown out the Scousers though but I don't think it will be required for those at the game but might for those watching it on telly.

Yeah - i'd bring it to be honest. I like the drum at home games, it at least tries to generate an atmosphere!

And Singe, how do you expect me to photoshop that out of 'Please Joe, Don't Go' haha!

OK might be tricky. Suppose your new effort will have to do till you figure it out...:wink: :chubb:

The reason there's no atmosphere isn't down to there being no drum though, it's down to years of drab, uninspiring :censored:e on the pitch and ever decreasing attendances. The best atmosphere's home and away from BP in recent years haven't had a drum.

Maybe I'm biased, as I really dislike drums at football in general. They're up there with vuvuzela's and those clappy stick things that were handed out at our last playoff games...

:( I quite liked those sticks!

Tbf I was only 10 :D....bring the drum and bring it to every single game for the rest of the season. It increases the atmosphere a helluva lot. ATM it feels like a cure going to the stadium, there's nothing to do.

If you bring it, please try to restrict use. Perhaps once a half.

There's a reason we don't go in for all that foreign :censored:ing orchestrated atmosphere in this country - cos it's :censored: and humourless, just like the Italians who are the masters of it.