Derbyshire to Blackpool

Moog is the secretary, I know him as well, but he hasn't replied to my e-mail. Last time I spoke to him he was desperate to get the CEO role at BP when Alan Hardy retired.

Steve Wales is the lashers kit man, well known around the local cricket scene.

He text me to tell me that he has been told to arrange a training kit and print a shirt ahead of their trip to Wolves.

Beats why people treat such info with the contempt they do.

If you actually thought he'd come back here you're delusional. The man was always going to get a better offer.

Seems like he was our last option considering Dickov said he couldn't sign anybody and Derbyshire was the only player he mentioned in regards to transfers. I hope this isn't the case because we're struggling for striking options.

It's apparent Dickov isn't going to play Smith & Taylor up front together and is persisting with his :censored:e 1 striker system so we need a striker who can score regularly.

Edited by NewBlue

Don't want to put a dampener on things but, as PD said in his interview after the Notts Co game that we weren't bringing anyone in and we go with what we've got, there isn't a lot of point speculating over who we may, or may not, be able to sign. If PD is correct, this is the harsh reality.

Bang in low, hard crosses to the near post and Derbyshire will score more than 4 in 18.

Agreed, and also push the ball between defenders and let him use his pace, but neither of those happened and he rarely had a shot. We've had many strikers with good scoring records before coming to BP but, regardless of who has been the manager, they have not been given the service. Let's hope the next manager bucks the trend.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but, as PD said in his interview after the Notts Co game that we weren't bringing anyone in and we go with what we've got, there isn't a lot of point speculating over who we may, or may not, be able to sign. If PD is correct, this is the harsh reality.

Jan 11 - “Matt is free to go,” Dickov confirmed. “He has a couple of offers but nothing concrete and as he always said, if he is going to come back on loan it will be to us.

“I have told him I can’t hang around all month for him. If we wait until the end of January, we miss out on other targets.”

Jan 14 - "We looked thin on the ground, unfortunately, and we might need some new players.

“Some of the kids aren't ready to play yet and we are light on numbers, so we will see what can happen.

Jan 16 - “It is no secret that the manager is looking around, but he would have to wheel and deal to bring in players.”

Jan 24 - “I have said it all along,” said under-pressure Dickov. “You go with what you have got.

We play the wrong tactics for Derbyshire and Smith, or any goal scorer. We signed Simpson who seems only to be able to play behind the main striker. We have signed Baxter whose favourite position is the same. That's why we don't score enough goals playing one up front. Put Baxter in midfield and play a straight forward 4 4 2, and goals will come. At Notts C. PD still stuck with is system by playing Taylor out wide. How stupid or obstinate can he be to continue week after week to make the same mistake. It doesn't work in this league, because the players at this level just aren't good enough.