FAO Barry

As the fans rep and an ex serving officer, you know as we do that there will be no trouble against Everton.

If the club takes the advice and gives them the full RRE then the club will be taking a massive backwards step.

After all the shtie we have been through the club should put the fans first.

Over to you Barry as fans representative, NON of us want the whole RRE handed over to Everton. The place making a connection between the RRE housing both sets of fans and a pitch invasion is ridiculous. Please point out that at Craven Cottage home and away fans share a non segregated stand every week, nevermind one with a 'moat' in it like ours.

I'd be happy with them having the large section of the RRE but can someone explain whey we can't just give them the small section?

If it holds 1600, that's 15% so what's the problem?

GMP probably think that fewer away fans will result in more trouble :petesake:

I'm not sure at the end of the day who makes the final call, but as fans representative Barry, you need to make our feelings known on this one.

We need as much home support in there as possible. I don't really care if they're day trippers, glory hunters or whatever, as long as they're roaring latics on it can only be beneficial to the club and our chances of progressing.

The club have a chance to put the fans first.

I remember Sean Jarvis telling the police to :censored: off when they advised that QPR should have all the RRE in the playoffs.

It does wonders for the team when they have fans at both ends....

Latics have just won back thousands of fans and to give up the whole of the RRE to Everton will mean that goodwill has been thrown away.

The Latics board should tell Everton and the police to keep their noses out of this.

Your too polite, Id just tellem to :censored: off,

We simply cannot give up the whole of the RRE, the club must push back hard on this for the reasons given above.

Is there any sense at all that the Liverpool game wasn't a success in terms of safety and crowd management? A very small number of minor incidents by the sounds of it, so why change?

Agree completely with all of this. If the split end isn't safe for this game then it isn't for any game. If the police insist on this I seriously think we have to look to giving them the Chaddy for the match, a shame for those who always go in there but it will allow a load of extra Latics to see the game

It would not be prudent for me to go into too much details at the present time but can assure you that everything is being looked at.. We are discussing this as a board and have to consider the police and local authority advice.

After the Hilsborough disaster and the subsequent Taylor report many measures were put into place giving The Local Authoirty an overriding responsibility to devise a multi-agency appraoch to safety and pulbic order at football grounds.

Believe me it is not as simple as making our own decision without consents from others. Intelligence is a big factor and is looked at when visitors attend other grounds. I think some of you might remember earlier this season a problem at Gillingham when the Chairman of that club did not agree with the recommended number of police at a game and it was in danger of being called off by the Local Authoirty Committee responsibile for. safety. As a club we do of course sit on this committee but such an example perhaps typifies that others have a say on how we operate.

I cannot make any promises but we will be discussing such matters as a Board and with all the relevant agencies to ensure that safety and public order is maintained to ensure that the vast majority of supports enjoy the game.

I hope this helps at the present time

Barry

It would not be prudent for me to go into too much details at the present time but can assure you that everything is being looked at.. We are discussing this as a board and have to consider the police and local authority advice.

After the Hilsborough disaster and the subsequent Taylor report many measures were put into place giving The Local Authoirty an overriding responsibility to devise a multi-agency appraoch to safety and pulbic order at football grounds.

Believe me it is not as simple as making our own decision without consents from others. Intelligence is a big factor and is looked at when visitors attend other grounds. I think some of you might remember earlier this season a problem at Gillingham when the Chairman of that club did not agree with the recommended number of police at a game and it was in danger of being called off by the Local Authoirty Committee responsibile for. safety. As a club we do of course sit on this committee but such an example perhaps typifies that others have a say on how we operate.

I cannot make any promises but we will be discussing such matters as a Board and with all the relevant agencies to ensure that safety and public order is maintained to ensure that the vast majority of supports enjoy the game.

I hope this helps at the present time

Barry

I hope the discussion includes the possibility of allocating Everton the Chaddy End. That would give Everton a stand make it easier to police and allow 7000 Latics fans to watch the game. Plus there isn't a bar in the Chaddy.

I know it won't be the most popular decision with those who have a season ticket in the Chaddy but IMHO it will be more popular than having 40% of the ground supporting Everton.

I hope the discussion includes the possibility of allocating Everton the Chaddy End. That would give Everton a stand make it easier to police and allow 7000 Latics fans to watch the game. Plus there isn't a bar in the Chaddy.

I know it won't be the most popular decision with those who have a season ticket in the Chaddy but IMHO it will be more popular than having 40% of the ground supporting Everton.

i totally agree its a home game,so the advantage should be ours,if the club wants to keep the feelgood factor that the liverpool gave us they need to to put latics fans first not as in other games where the away fans have been put first,lets make latics fans feel needed

In the statement on the OS it mentions problems in and outside the ground. I maybe being stupid but how does giving Everton more tickets resolve this? If there is a problem, surely reducing their tickets would be a better decision?

Now dont start getting all logical, that will never do. Much easier to shaft the little club and its fans. we dont want to upset the big boys do we