Phil Brown - Bookie's favourite 7/4

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. In my opinion there is is only one person that can have some positive effective in our situation and that is Paul Scholes.He is an oldham lad that can motivise the current players we have got and get the supporters behind the team.Simpon Corney may have to push the boat out to get his man but this could be the catalyst.

Nah. In my opinion there is is only one person that can have some positive effective in our situation and that is Paul Scholes.He is an oldham lad that can motivise the current players we have got and get the supporters behind the team.Simpon Corney may have to push the boat out to get his man but this could be the catalyst.

Motivise?

Wow!

Quick round up...

Blackpool - Grayson red hot fav there with skybet at 13/8, with Steve Thomson and Paul Dickov both 4/1

Huddersfield - Megson currently 7/4 favourite

Notts County - skybet has current caretaker boss as 8/11 fav, followed by Brown at 12/1

Latics - VC have Brown as 6/4 fav and sky 6/5 fav, both followed by Dowie (VC 8/1 skybet 5/1)

Hi paul fancy managing oldham athletic you will get 10% of your current salary ( and thats when we are pushing the boat out) and 10 times the hassle oh and if you lose against yeovil expect grief "get back to old trafford yer red :censored:"

Edited by GlossopLatic

He kept Hull in the Premier League which was no mean feat.

Preston were pretty much doomed when he went there and have got worse since he left.

So he's a bit brash and full of himself, so what?

Wouldn't be my first choice but certainly wouldn't mind if he does get the job.

Having read some comments on here, who do people actually expect to manage us? It seems like unless we get Jose Mourinho people won't be happy. At the end of the day we're a low league 1 club with not much of a budget to spend on players. Personally I'd be happy with someone like Brown who's had premiership experience and certainly won't take no sh*t from the players and will kick a few ars*s (something which the players need).

Preston were pretty much doomed when he went there and have got worse since he left.

You could say we're pretty much doomed. Brown couldn't turn Preston's fortunes around he doesn't fill me with hope that he would turn our fortunes around also.

that's where i'm at with him. If he gets the job, we'll have to get behind him. There are far worse names being suggesed than Phil Brown

that's where i'm at with him. If he gets the job, we'll have to get behind him. There are far worse names being suggesed than Phil Brown

Agreed. LEt's not paint him out to be the Anti-Christ just so that we can start off on a massive downer if he gets the job.

Like who? Brown seems a terrible choice I'd have more faith in our fortunes if we employed your good self rather than Brown

Like who? Brown seems a terrible choice I'd have more faith in our fortunes if we employed your good self rather than Brown

I'd say that someone who learned his trade under Fat Sam probably knows more about getting results out of a football team than Sly (no disrespect intended)