Phil Brown - Bookie's favourite 7/4

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something about Phil Brown a few weeks ago among the speculation where it was pointed out that he has taken time away from the game to watch football, study tactics etc. a la Holloway. And there were further points made about his management style that actually had me quite convinced. I trust past me, so wouldn't be wholly opposed to this on a deal until the end of the season. That said I cannot remember where I read this, though I'm sure it was on this board!

Edited by Microcuts

What is that by the way? All i see is very occassional media work? Does he have a scouting role or coaching role anywhere?

I don't know, just quoting what stitch said on the radio today. He sounded as though it was a definite no no as far as management is concerned. For what its worth I would not have had him back anyway.

I'd need an experienced Number 2 alongside me; would you accept a Stallone / P Brown management combo then??

No sorry I don't want Brown anywhere near our club even if it meant him being employed as the cleaner, I put his managerial abilities alongside Bryan Robson, John Barnes, and Peter Reid. Seriously though there are a few good candidates out there such as Grayson, Coyle, Billy Davis doubt We'd get any of them and if not I'd sooner take a risk on a rookie rather than employ someone who managerial history is littered with failures especially considering our already close proximity to the relegation zone

No sorry I don't want Brown anywhere near our club even if it meant him being employed as the cleaner, I put his managerial abilities alongside Bryan Robson, John Barnes, and Peter Reid. Seriously though there are a few good candidates out there such as Grayson, Coyle, Billy Davis doubt We'd get any of them and if not I'd sooner take a risk on a rookie rather than employ someone who managerial history is littered with failures especially considering our already close proximity to the relegation zone

He's drifting in the betting now, no hot candidates at the moment.

http://www.betvictor...39&period=10976

Edited by BP1960

It was always going to be the case that whoever we appointed would have people questioning the appointment but I think we need to be realistic. The majority of the names I've seen floating around either wouldn't want the job or the salary so whilst I'd love us to get someone like Coyle or Dowie, I think we'll end up with Brown. I wouldn't be too disappointed with him either. He has experience, a passion for the game and a determination to improve - he's been spending a lot of time watching coaching methods across a variety of clubs. If he were to get the job, I'd certainly be backing him and not immediately positioning myself to get on his back from the off simply because of some quotes on Wikipedia.

It was always going to be the case that whoever we appointed would have people questioning the appointment but I think we need to be realistic. The majority of the names I've seen floating around either wouldn't want the job or the salary so whilst I'd love us to get someone like Coyle or Dowie, I think we'll end up with Brown. I wouldn't be too disappointed with him either. He has experience, a passion for the game and a determination to improve - he's been spending a lot of time watching coaching methods across a variety of clubs. If he were to get the job, I'd certainly be backing him and not immediately positioning myself to get on his back from the off simply because of some quotes on Wikipedia.

Dowie is probably seen as 'untouchable' by many clubs and I think only here he would probably get more fans backing him than not backing him.

My view is simple.

SC is a successful business man. Prior to the Liverpool game he and the rest of the board will have sat down and thought of the road ahead (post Liverpool) on the assumption that the game would be lost, and PD would have been chopped. They would have realised that this late in the season you could not fanny around advertising and going down an interview of half a dozen potential managers type process. I suspect they would have come up with a shortlist of say three available managers, the idea being to talk to favourite one and see if interested and if terms could be agreed. If not one, then on to two etc, etc. That plan would have been in place for post 17.00 hours of the Liverpool game.

But the pesky Scot didn't play the game properly, he chose to vanquish Liverpool instead ........ so plan goes on hold, until he falls flat on his face again ..... Q Walsall.

I have no doubt that talks have been ongoing to said list since five minutes after the resignation announcement.

Just sit back and wait a couple of days .... you'll know the worst come Tuesday night or Wednesday.