Paul Scholes Manager?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that know about these things, how much it roughly take for Scholes to come out of nowhere to be favourite.

I now it is amount of £'s, but would it take a few bets too?

What I mean is would 3 bets of £100 make such a difference?

Presumably, not much is staked on the next Oldham manager at the various bookies.

Ive just opened a skybet account in both mine and my girlfriends names and put our £10 free bets on Owen Coyle as next manager at 28/1 so will see if a couple of £10 bets change the odds.

I think the club would be stupid not to approach Scholes about the job. I know it will prob never happen but if it did it would be huge for the club. If he was to come as player manager it would put an extra 500 at least on the gate each week which would cover the wages for him and an experienced assistant. He would also have great contacts at Utd and would be able to attract some decent players here not to mention how good he would be on the pitch. He as just done is coaching badges and has a soft spot for us so would be a perfect candidate in my eyes.

Im sure Corney can see what he would bring to the club and hopefully he will speak to him but i doubt very much he will come.

He as just done is coaching badges and has a soft spot for us so would be a perfect candidate in my eyes.

The idea of Scholes in charge is really exciting but what first-time manager would choose to come to a club like Oldham when we have a low budget and are in a relegation scrap?

Scholes is likely to start off coaching at United under Fergie and then progress to management.

Anyway, I don't see the common managerial traits in Scholes. Very quiet, laid back, does very few interviews and though he was a fantastic footballer I'm not sure if he was a leader.

Ive just opened a skybet account in both mine and my girlfriends names and put our £10 free bets on Owen Coyle as next manager at 28/1 so will see if a couple of £10 bets change the odds.

I think the club would be stupid not to approach Scholes about the job. I know it will prob never happen but if it did it would be huge for the club. If he was to come as player manager it would put an extra 500 at least on the gate each week which would cover the wages for him and an experienced assistant. He would also have great contacts at Utd and would be able to attract some decent players here not to mention how good he would be on the pitch. He as just done is coaching badges and has a soft spot for us so would be a perfect candidate in my eyes.

Im sure Corney can see what he would bring to the club and hopefully he will speak to him but i doubt very much he will come.

Let us know!

Dunno about this, honestly can't see him giving a good bollocking to our soft arsed players and he's shys away from the media quite a lot which I really don't think he can do if he becomes a manager. Yes he'd have great experience to pass on from working under Fergie but I doubt he's what we need right now. If we stay up then maybe in the Summer but not for me right now, reminds me a bit of how Shearer took charge of Newcastle to "save" them.