Players who let Dickov down

A lot of talk of how the player let Dickov down and how the new manager will need to come in and sort them out...or ship them out.

Who in your opinion are the players who let Dickov down, some of them, all of them?

Who needs to be replaced by the new manager who ever that may be?

All of them, win as a team, lose as a team but can we honestly say that ANY player BROUGHT IN during Dickov's tenure improved under his coaching methods? I can't think of one, in fact all have either stagnated or gone backwards....

Matt Smith? Although, generally, I agree with your point.

All of them, win as a team, lose as a team but can we honestly say that ANY player BROUGHT IN during Dickov's tenure improved under his coaching methods? I can't think of one, in fact all have either stagnated or gone backwards....

Smith

Mvoto

Bouzy

Furman improved too but he was a Penney signing

Most really, but top of my list would be Montano.

I suspect Montano like Simpson and maybe others have turned out when not fully fit, perhaps due to PDs reluctance to start fringe players.

Edited by BP1960

Smith

Mvoto

Bouzy

Furman improved too but he was a Penney signing

M'Voto has been mostly terrible this season, Smithy I'll give you but mainly since TP came into the set up have we seen him 'putting himself about' as for Bouzy, the jury's out ATM, a lot of iffy goals are flying in at the moment - one's where they are being watched into the net.... Edited by oafcprozac

Kier

Smith

Mvoto

Bouzanis

Kieron Lee (not brought in by him, but improved under dickov)

Chris Taylor (improved on the last shez year and certainly on the penney season)Overall though, I'd agree.

Edited by pukka

M'Voto has been mostly terrible this season, Smithy I'll give you but mainly since TP came into the set up have we seen him 'putting himself about' as for Bouzy, the jury's out ATM, a lot of iffy goals are flying in at the moment - one's where they are being watched into the net....

You didn't define how long for. M'voto of now is better than M'voto of summer 2010, when Dickov brought him in. He has been better than he is currently I'll grant you though.

As for Bouzy again I think he's improved since last winter, when he was brought in, but I think your right about at the moment and can see the new gaffer making Cisak his number 1 again.

think your right about at the moment and can see the new gaffer making Cisak his number 1 again.

Would be a good move imo. Never understood how Cisak was kept out. We've got 2 capable keepers in this league and we've had far worse than Bouz but he's not on a par with Cisak.

Edited by longtimeblue

You didn't define how long for. M'voto of now is better than M'voto of summer 2010, when Dickov brought him in. He has been better than he is currently I'll grant you though.

As for Bouzy again I think he's improved since last winter, when he was brought in, but I think your right about at the moment and can see the new gaffer making Cisak his number 1 again.

I am actually amazed that Dickov didnt resort back to putting Cisak as number 1 again. After the run we had been on (not saying it was necessarily Bouzy's fault) but he is as culpable as the others for the poor form. Cisak deserved a to get a chance to see if he could help pull us out of our rapid decline.

Most of them - but if Dickov wasn't trying to be their best friends he would have bollocked them (fined them) and / or moved them on - wasn't him that said I want players that run thought brick walls for the club - I guess you did not sign many of them Paul in the end.

Edited by Stoney

I think you might disagree but Dean Furman has been very inconsistent

This. Furman is at his best when he is breaking up play and keeping it simple. However he ruins these positives by winning the ball and then losing it again with abysmal passing ability.Taking to long to get the ball out of his feet, trying to pass further than 5 yards.

Keep it simple Dean and you are an assett. Anything else and he becomes a liabilty. Unfortunatly i think he thinks he is better than he is and he is the result of his inconsistency

This. Furman is at his best when he is breaking up play and keeping it simple. However he ruins these positives by winning the ball and then losing it again with abysmal passing ability.Taking to long to get the ball out of his feet, trying to pass further than 5 yards.

Keep it simple Dean and you are an assett. Anything else and he becomes a liabilty. Unfortunatly i think he thinks he is better than he is and he is the result of his inconsistency

He's never struck me as a natural leader on the pitch either. Not the kind of captain who will grab the game by the scuff of the neck (ala Beckham v Greece) or leading by example and battling for everything like Dux used to. Thats half our problem.........we have no voices with influence on the pitch.

Funnily enough - if you watched Dean play for Sif Ifrika then this encapsulates how he played. And was praised for doing so.

One other thing - if I was Dean - I would have a five minute meeting with only players in attendance prior to tonight's game - as captain he has the right to, and should, spell it out to the team that there are no more excuses for the wretched displays in the league - time to step up

:aplayer1::towork:

I'd argue Dickov let some of them down massively as well, especially the younger players who very rarely got a chance. Winchester was outstanding v Liverpool but never got given a run, Matt Smith was improving given a decent run (albeit this was enforced when Derbyshire went and had he stayed longer I doubt Smith would have played), Dan Taylor has looked fairly sharp when he's come on but, again not given a chance, I have reservations about Tarky but he's had no real chance this season, Mellor, FFS we turned down 300k from Fulham (allegedly) so he could sit on the bench?! The "undroppables" have played their part in Dickov's demise no doubt as they've simply not performed for him but I don't think we should be laying the blame squarely at the players door. As has been said before, he signed them, he trains them, he "motivates" them and quite a few have gone backwards in their progression for me. Personally, talent wise I'd say Furman, Wesolowski and Baxter as a 3 centre mids, you won't find many teams in this league with a better 3 options yet the first two have stagnated. I hope the new gaffer puts a bit of oomph into them and gets them onside. We've seen what happens if they don't turn out for you and it spells relegation

I'd argue Dickov let some of them down massively as well, especially the younger players who very rarely got a chance. Winchester was outstanding v Liverpool but never got given a run, Matt Smith was improving given a decent run (albeit this was enforced when Derbyshire went and had he stayed longer I doubt Smith would have played), Dan Taylor has looked fairly sharp when he's come on but, again not given a chance, I have reservations about Tarky but he's had no real chance this season, Mellor, FFS we turned down 300k from Fulham (allegedly) so he could sit on the bench?! The "undroppables" have played their part in Dickov's demise no doubt as they've simply not performed for him but I don't think we should be laying the blame squarely at the players door. As has been said before, he signed them, he trains them, he "motivates" them and quite a few have gone backwards in their progression for me. Personally, talent wise I'd say Furman, Wesolowski and Baxter as a 3 centre mids, you won't find many teams in this league with a better 3 options yet the first two have stagnated. I hope the new gaffer puts a bit of oomph into them and gets them onside. We've seen what happens if they don't turn out for you and it spells relegation

Yes but there has also been those saying that Winchester and Taylor are too lightweight, Tarky is a liability, Mellor is too slow to be a full back, Smith wouldnt make it as a Sunday league footballer etc etc. Dickov's poor late season runs in the last two years meant that this season he didnt have the breathing space to experiment with youth and therefore relied on his main core of players to start getting results but they werent/arent, for whatever reason, interested in playing for him. Dickov's tactics howver did him no favours and in so many games this season we could all see where we were being exposed but nothing ever changed.

I think the team have let him down collectively, this season at least. I can't think of many occasions when I've been able to single out a player as having had a shocker.

I can, however, think of loads of occasions when the team collectively hasn't shown enough desire or urgency.

Edited by bossrocks