Looks like its sammy lee

Corney's found a novel way of sifting through the 75 applications.

He's playing 'Guess Who' with Ian Hill as we speak to determine the new guy…...

"Is he a :censored: Yorkshire Bastard?

Does he like trips to the dogs?

Has he been a foe of Doctor Who?

Did he go hard or go home?

Was he attacked by Iraqi Voters?

Did he give a monkeys?

When pleaded with, did he go?

Is an anagram of his name Colin :censored:?"

Colin , what has he done since leaving us?

Probably 5 or 6 promotions , a few relegations, a very entertaining documentary on a year at qpr, a very readable column in Satirday's Independant.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Christopher Lee. At least he'd put some bite into the team. See what I did there?

Come to think of it, I'd probably prefer to have Dangerous Dave back. Or is that stretching it a bit?

If it's not going to be Dowie, there must be better candidates amongst the 75 unless SL is joining up as his No2, because this:

Maybe Lee's going to be Dowie's No2. Could know each other both having links in the bolton area. Just a theory.

makes sense. Dowie still lives around the Notlob area, doesn't he?

With a Tenner you took Ince down by a third... so simply - no! Probably 5 or 6 bets.

I've said it about 5 times now - odds mean :censored: all in this case!

You're right to a point, Acks. But, at some point, someone will know something and a candidate will suddenly shoot up to odds on and then be given the job. Just like with Penney and Dickov. I sincerely hope this one means :censored: all though.

Is anyone able to offer a reasoned arguement as to why they are so against Lee?

I have no idea as to whether there is much behind this but don't feel as inclined to be so negative about it. As I recall, the mistake Lee made at Bolton was to try and get them playing football after Sam Allardyce had left. Is he really being written off because of that? He seems to have a great reputation as a coach at the very highest level so why are so many launching themselves against it.

I'd rather have Christopher Lee. At least he'd put some bite into the team. See what I did there?

Come to think of it, I'd probably prefer to have Dangerous Dave back. Or is that stretching it a bit?

If it's not going to be Dowie, there must be better candidates amongst the 75 unless SL is joining up as his No2, because this:

makes sense. Dowie still lives around the Notlob area, doesn't he?

To be honest I wouldn't want to be an under performing player if the bloke who's played Scaramanga, Dracula, Count Dooku and Saruman is the manager.

I have no idea as to whether there is much behind this but don't feel as inclined to be so negative about it. As I recall, the mistake Lee made at Bolton was to try and get them playing football after Sam Allardyce had left. Is he really being written off because of that? He seems to have a great reputation as a coach at the very highest level so why are so many launching themselves against it.

Most likely because very good coaches don't always make very good managers, as he proved at Notlob. What we need, IMO, is someone who has experience in the management side of things, particularly if they've been successful in scrapping their way out of the brown stuff. Leapy Lee hasn't done that.

Most likely because very good coaches don't always make very good managers, as he proved at Notlob. What we need, IMO, is someone who has experience in the management side of things, particularly if they've been successful in scrapping their way out of the brown stuff. Leapy Lee hasn't done that.

I don't think anything has been 'proven' about his managerial abilities as yet, he had about 10 games a few years ago. He always seems to find work though and must have been involved in some relegation scraps at Bolton (not sure though).

The worry for me is that apparently he's been for the job here twice before. Now unless he has a deep seated love for OAFC (and who could blame him?) he'll surely have applied for lots of the other NW based jobs that have been up in the past few years too. Despite this, how many managerial roles has he had since Bolton? None. Not one club has taken a chance on him - either that or he's been offered roles but declined them. That can't be good, can it?

Wow. Im with Twis here. Cant believe the negativity at this? It might not be true for a start, but even if it is - why would it lead some fans to proclaim that'd be it for them; and not go again?

He's hardly lacking in exoerience is he? He's been involved with International sides and Premier League teams. Well respected in the game......

He wouldnt be my 1st choice, far from it, but i dont understand tge reactions so far on this thread. It could be worse; we could get Phil Brown.

This. I'm astounded at everyone's reaction. We could do a lot worse IMO.