Team for Everton

Same line up as today apart from bringing Smith in for Chris if he his shoulder is on the mend and Byrne back for James T,

Tough one though, all the team played well today, you need Byrnes experience and Smith has to play for his goals against Liverpool.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how different people see games, I personally thought he was a poor today.

Im with you on this, even though he scored, he should have hit the target when he was through on goal. I feel he is quite limited no pace, even slower than Smith and doesn't chase down.

I'd play Byrne over Tarky.

At the end of the Liverpool match Byrne was heroic with some of his blocks. His experience should make him better prepared for such a stage.

I don't fancy Tarky playing against Fellaini even though I do rate him, being 20 years old against such a fantastic presence could be stifling for Tarky. Get Byrne like a terrier on Fellaini and he won't like it. Might even do something silly in response like he did to Shawcross.

Then have Smith over Iwelumo.

Going to be hard to choose between Obita and Simpson, maybe even Winchester after his superb performance against Liverpool.

I don't envy Tony Philliskirk in making this selection.

Found on the net this a summary of the manager's style of play...take heart TP.

'Moyes is often criticised for not taking the game to other teams and instead shaping Everton’s style of play to thwart rather than out-class opponents. While this can pay dividends against the big clubs, it often means that they do less well against clubs lower down the league; teams that they should have no problem overcoming'.

Might be a good day again for the Latics.

Edited by BP1960

Im confused do we really expect Simpson and Smith to start? Montano out longer as well. Cant see them making bench at the moment. Vital they are fit for the bread and butter stuff.

Would you swap Barnard for Simpson .......No

Would you swap Iwelumo for Smith ........Maybe

Basics, always keep a winning team where possible (apart from injuries/suspension). Brilliant today....why change it??? Granted Smith played well against Liverpool BUT that doesn't mean he can stroll back in after a great performance and result against MK Franchise, especially as he hasn't played for 2/3 weeks as well, and let's be honest Jagielka/Heitinga and Distin won't get bullied the way Coates and Skrtel did!

I say Smith even though I would start Iwelumo in league 1 games. Iwelumo is good enough to bother and out play your standard league 1 defender but will be easy meat for the Everton central defenders. Smith bothered the premiership prima donnas because of his raw aggression and that is what we will need against Everton

I say Smith even though I would start Iwelumo in league 1 games. Iwelumo is good enough to bother and out play your standard league 1 defender but will be easy meat for the Everton central defenders. Smith bothered the premiership prima donnas because of his raw aggression and that is what we will need against Everton

Ooh interesting theory and I like it.