Latics Submit new North Stand Planning Application

How many do we reckon the new stand will bring to the club in terms of attendance if we stay in this league when it's ready?

Obviously performances on the pitch matter most but I'm sure there will be a considerable amount that don't come because the ground is an eyesore.

Not as many as a winning, entertaining team but it will add a few to the gate I'd imagine.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many do we reckon the new stand will bring to the club in terms of attendance if we stay in this league when it's ready?

Obviously performances on the pitch matter most but I'm sure there will be a considerable amount that don't come because the ground is an eyesore.

The crucial factor in building the new stand is that the non-football facilities will produce year-round income, regardless of how many do or don't attend matches.

A little while ago one thread on this forum asked 10 questions as a snapshot of our fans. One question went something like, "What are your hopes football wise". A huge percentage wanted the new stand built. Now I dont have the answer to how many it would attract but it would make some fans want to come back and watch from the new stand in pleasant surroundings.

I would normally read '2014 season' to mean 2013/14. Unrealistic? Still, this is a necessary step and one we have been waiting for. I'm sure Corney and the club have been as frustrated as we have by the delay, but the ball is now officially rolling..

I would assume it means the season that starts in 2014 but it's anything but clear.

Looking at those plans, one big (and cheap) potential form of match day income, the car park, is going to shrink massively. Quick count of the spaces and the cars at BP on a /normal\ Saturday and even now there wouldn't be enough room.

Or does it mean that there will be some amount of decent car parking and the rest of the potato field ill remain?

Refer to PA/333100/12 | Construction of new spectator grandstand with associated external works and landscaping | Oldham Athletic AFC Ltd, Furtherwood Road, Oldham, OL1 2PB

and send to

Planning Team planning@oldham.gov.uk

Civic Centre

PO Box 30

West Street

Oldham, OL1 1UQ

Tel 0161 770 4105

Fax 0161 770 3104

Or you can comment online:

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=_OLDHA_DCAPR_47909

What happened to the Government's plans to simplify planning permission?

They have.

By law, certain matters must be considered. This is not a definitive list but they include:

• Local Planning Policies - the Oldham Unitary Development Plan (UDP) sets out the Council's planning policies
  • Government Advice as set out in circulars, planning policy guidance notes/statements (PPGs/PPSs) and Regional planning guidancl National Planning Policy Framework
  • Comments from neighbours
  • Comments from consultees.

yes lack of £80 million for a new stadium

New stand will be just under £4 million....

The plans should be approved soon and work start before the Summer begins

With a bit of luck this will kick start the redevelopment for the rest of the ground, but just get this frigging thing built first

Edited by Lookers_Carl

So where is the £4 million coming from ?

A mysterious £1.5m differential between what TTA paid for the Lancaster Club and what the council paid TTA for it.

£800k grant from the council for community facilities.

£750k from the Football Foundation.

Getting close.

So where is the £4 million coming from ?

Part is coming from the joint venture put together by Simon Corney, Ian Hill and Holroy’s for the erection of those dwellings behind the Chaddy End. When it was announced in the rarely-wrong Chron, they said: “It is seen as the best way forward for developing the Boundary Park site to ensure that all the profits from the sale of properties assists in the funding for the new stadium.”

A mysterious £1.5m differential between what TTA paid for the Lancaster Club and what the council paid TTA for it.

£800k grant from the council for community facilities.

£750k from the Football Foundation.

Getting close.

May as well make a start then. We can always have it in the style of Vale Park if the remainder never materialises.