Lower league sides vs Premier League sides in replays

Just been thinking about it, but they always seem to get a spanking don't they?

Going back the past few cups...

Chelsea 4 Brentford 0

Man City 5 Notts County 0

Arsenal 5 Leyton Orient 5

Southend 1 Chelsea 4

Worrying thing is, I can't think of any times recently a Lower league side has turned it round! Could be brought back to Earth with a bang...

Edited by SholverBlue

Everton can do what they want, we won't roll over though and no matter what we're already winners. Smithy's late goal guaranteed another £500k in the pot and we go whistling off into the distance.

For what it's worth I think we'll push them all the way and lose narrowly….

Edited by oafcprozac

The longer we stay in the game the more they will get nervous.

I think im right in saying that Goodison is a small and tight pitch so hopefully they shouldnt get in behind us so easy and could help us get the ball into the box and the big man easier by going front to back as long as we dont sit to deep and invite them onto us

We will fight up a fight I hope but lets just go there and enjoy it

If we are going to score our set-pieces need to be bang on the money

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Awful, awful position last night, I had the Utd commentary on whilst I was cleaning the kitchen and I was praying they didn't need a replay. IT was 0-0 and I thought if Reading scored then it was likely that it would end a draw, I kind of wanted Utd to get through so that if we do the unthinkable we get a decent pay day but then the realisation that I wanted Utd to win a game made me feel dirty.

Actually, I didn't need to think that as if we get past both Everton and Wigan then we're at Wembley and pretty much guaranteed a decent payday. Bloody Reading.

Just been thinking about it, but they always seem to get a spanking don't they?

Going back the past few cups...

Arsenal 5 Leyton Orient 5

Worrying thing is, I can't think of any times recently a Lower league side has turned it round! Could be brought back to Earth with a bang...

Sounds like a cracker...

Recent history is definately on our side. In the three FA Cup draws against Everton (1990, 2008 and 2013) they have yet to beat us after five matches. If a team is to panic next week, it won't be us. And the older Toffees will remember the first replay in 1990 when they tried to kick us off the pitch, and they jeered their own team. We are in good nick with TP and the whole world is behind us. The surreal is becoming the norm.

History is on our side. Smith is on our side - did he make them panic or not? Baxter is due an outstanding performance and where better to do it. Their supporters are unhappy with Moyes. Their supporters are unhappy with their best team. The cup is all they have left so the pressure is on them. We are not going to roll over. We didn't draw because they played badly. They expect more time on the ball and we unlike most of the teams they play won't give it to them. We will go there with the pressure off and just play like we have. I expect to win.

Edited by Hands on

Normally the lower league side often has one chance, especialyl when they are at home first. However, I think the way we have beat Forest, Liverpool, and battled against Everton and got back in it makes it a bit different to the norm. Everton were already up for it but frankly couldn't cope. We do more of the same, bit of luck, then yes we can do it! It would be nice to get a couple of wins before hand though.

In the Prem, teams stand off eachother and in L1 it's the opposite. It worked against Liverpool that that they gave us time and we didn't give it back, so get in Evertons faces and who knows what happens.

Also, remind the players how close they got to Wembley last year and that we genuinely have a chance to get there this season, even if it is really really unlikely!

We'll go through on penalties after defending superbly for 120minutes, Baxter takes the winning one and does a panenka chip, then whips off his shirt revealing he's wearing an under shirt that reads "once a blue, always Oldham" underneath. Guardiola is in the stands watching and decides he doesn't quite fancy Bayern and pops his CV into Corney's office. A quick phone call and Messi is in on loan and we win the league at a canter next year, Baxter out scoring the largely ineffective Messi over the course of the season........perhaps

Anything's possible in this game. We could walk all over a team full of their stiffs, but if their first XI plays anything like we all know they can, they could turn us over by a cricket score.

Baxter is the key. He's played brilliantly in the games against Everton and Liverpool, but I just get the feeling he's got a big, big moment coming. He definitely deserves it.

But if he takes a penalty, he'd better put his :censored:ing boot through it.

If there was ever a scenario where we have nothing to lose this is it. No-one could ever have imagined that we'd have performed anywhere near where we have. These haven't been flukey results - we have wholly deserved what has been achieved. To improve things further, the money already earned has been fantastic. This replay and TV money makes it incredible for us. Finally, and most importantly, we've had some of the best times in recent history watching this stuff. The memory of these matches won't fade for anyone who has attended so we've already won.

We'll win on penalties. Bouzy will score the winner and crowd surf in celebration.

Baxter is the key. He's played brilliantly in the games against Everton and Liverpool, but I just get the feeling he's got a big, big moment coming. He definitely deserves it.

I said before the home game that the stage was set for him to do something special. But it feels like the draw was so he could do it on an even bigger stage, in front of the fans who didn't rate him.

Something borderline magical is coming...

Baxter has played well vs Liverpool and Everton but not shone and not everything he's tried has come off. I feel that in the replay his anxiety level will drop and he will at last shine and play a pivotal roll to secure victory.

I've got the same idea.

Think he may have been overwhelmed a little bit by playing against the team that he supports (Liverpool) and then his long time ex-team but at Goodison he'll want to impress and will be over the initial nerves that he's had.

Jose Baxter Baby will be in store I hope!

Edited by NewBlue

The players will be aware that ITV has taken a massive interest in them, it's almost like a new TV reality show in which hopefully they will be taking part in right through to the F.A Cup Final.

Keep battling Latics, the TV viewers (well most of them) are willing you on.