Chris Iwelumo

Smith should've played ahead of him tonight because Iwelumo showed in the first match that Jagielka and Distin beat him all ends up, but I'm convinced that Iwelumo's value to the side will be apparent during our battle to avoid the drop, as it already has in 2 of the last 3 league games. Smith has more of a physical presence but Iwelumo has more nous and brings others into the game more regularly than Smith. Both will have their uses for us.

I'll respect the club's decision to keep him if they feel his influence on the dressing room is positive but he was a waste of a shirt tonight. Distin had an easy first half against him.

He's better than Jelavic though!

Edited by bossrocks

Absolutely awful! Didn't even look like he could be arsed at times! Then when Matt Smith came on what a difference! Smith needs to start from now on especially on this form - 4 goals in 3 games against two Premier League teams

Totally agree. We'll never know what would have happened if Smith had started. I'm sure Everton expected it, so they must have been relieved when he was on the bench. Soon as he came on, Everton started to panic at the back, it was like Gerrard coming on for Liverpool. Couldn't believe Distin for our goal, he just left Smith to do anything he wanted.

I have no problem with players who are simply not good enough but he is one of the experienced players and not putting in a shift is bang out of order and im sorry but he did not put in a shift

The camera at one stage zoomed in on him and was amazed to see he was sweating even

I just wonder if he had it in his contract that he had to start in the cup games????

Im glad he did in the cup as league is our bread and butter and Smith must start Saturday

ITV made a point that if we had someone to launch the ball in from throws to Smith we could be deadly