Philliskirk

A sober reflection on the starting 11 and the failure to change tactics or make substitutions at half time suggests that there is some truth in the suggestion that TP got it wrong and DM got it right. And yes we do need a manager who wants the job and yes we could still fail to stay up whoever is managing this group of players.

Are people for real? He hardly did anything wrong there. If we played brazil and lost 1-0 I'm pretty sure people would still find something to moan about.

I would say that iwelumo should never of started though. He shouldn't ever play again.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh

He caught quite a few fish then... TP is quality, holy :censored:, PD was getting it the tatics wrong for years.

I would compare TP yesterday to the Bratfud manager on Sunday. He got it wrong with the team selection, specifically Iwelumo. But he did it because it worked 10 days earlier. Parkinson set his side up to play like they did against Villa, and they were over-run.

Parkinson didn't change anything shape wise, Philliskirk did. When Smith and Simpson came on we instantly became the better side. The throw-in that led to their third should have gone our way. If it had, I'm confident that we could have got it back to 2-1. I'm also fairly sure 2-1 would have rattled them. 3-1 didn't.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes. I think the point I'm trying to make is that TP understands this tactical :censored: better than our previous manager and better than many other established football managers.

...TP understands this tactical :censored: better than our previous manager and better than many other established football managers.

TP also knows that Smith's shoulder is still not 100%. If he'd used him from the start in recent games, or even last night, Smith may well be out for the season. He's used him sparingly and, even then, Smith damaged his shoulder again last night. Let's hope it's not set him back too far.

TP also knows that Smith's shoulder is still not 100%. If he'd used him from the start in recent games, or even last night, Smith may well be out for the season. He's used him sparingly and, even then, Smith damaged his shoulder again last night. Let's hope it's not set him back too far.

I think it was his other shoulder that he hurt last night.

I've read somewhere it is a stipulation of his loan that he starts every game....however I find it hard to believe that we would agree to such a condition.

I very much doubt you have read that as neither us or Watford would release any kind of details as to his agreed contract except when it expires

also he didnt start at Stevenage did he?

Edited by palmer1

A sober reflection on the starting 11 and the failure to change tactics or make substitutions at half time suggests that there is some truth in the suggestion that TP got it wrong and DM got it right. And yes we do need a manager who wants the job and yes we could still fail to stay up whoever is managing this group of players.

Maybe we could get him as manager? Hed actually have a decent budget to work with, after we won all this moneyyyyyyyyyy