Take over

I'd had a few come the journey home yesterday so the intricate details are sketchy. I was told that the deal's done and Corney's on his way at the end of the season.

The fella that told me is a regular home and away and I'd have no reason to not believe him. I'm not in the know but I thought it might be of interest before people have a pop.

Curious to know if anyone's heard owt

Edited by longtimeblue

I've heard someone telling me that they have heard of a meeting between business - men, guys in suits etc and Sammy Lee at a restaurant/cafe in Oldham so this may back up something I've heard that the potential new owner is Sammy Lee's cousin. Just rumours though but doesn't sound too far off the mark.

I've heard someone telling me that they have heard of a meeting between business - men, guys in suits etc and Sammy Lee at a restaurant/cafe in Oldham so this may back up something I've heard that the potential new owner is Sammy Lee's cousin. Just rumours though but doesn't sound too far off the mark.

Please don't be Sammy Lee

The events and non-events since Xmas certainly indicate a buyout is a possibility. Planning permission for the new stand could be a contract requirement, while new owners would want to make their own managerial appointment, thus explaining the delay in that area. Not sure about a meeting in a public place in Oldham though, unless it was Corney interviewing Lee.

If Corney leaves is there not a possibility that he could take a huge chunk of the cup money with him, thus meaning we would make a hell of a lot less in reality?

I dont know the politics but im sure corney has put a lot of his own money into the club and make feel he is due a cut of that back

As for the lee rumour im not comfortable that a new owner would appoint a family member to run 1st team affairs as if he is :censored: what happens? Does he stick with Sammy Lee regardless of how we are doing as he is family?

Its all rumours anyway and take it with a pinch of salt at the moment

If Corney leaves is there not a possibility that he could take a huge chunk of the cup money with him, thus meaning we would make a hell of a lot less in reality?

I dont know the politics but im sure corney has put a lot of his own money into the club and make feel he is due a cut of that back

As for the lee rumour im not comfortable that a new owner would appoint a family member to run 1st team affairs as if he is :censored: what happens? Does he stick with Sammy Lee regardless of how we are doing as he is family?

Its all rumours anyway and take it with a pinch of salt at the moment

Yeah but even if Corney stays, surely he and (sssssshhhhhh, the other 2) will take the lions share of the profit made from the cup and who would blame them?

It would be inerestng to see the next year or two.

Obviously, some expect a good chunk of money to pay Simon Blitz at least some of his money.

But it strikes me that we might no, leave the ground money as Capital still owing, after all it is not really in Simon Bliutz's interest to get money back if a sale is due.

As I understand it, Corney has the 97% share of Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club.

Brassbank Ltd own the stadium and the land on it.

We have about 6,000,000 quids worth of directors loans we owe to Simon Blitz.

The club will be worth sweet diddly :censored: without the land, so I imagine any takeover deal would incorporate the club, land and settlement of all monies owned to Simon Blitz in the form of directors loans.

Blitz's loans to OAFC are virtually worthless. He has a loan to a company with minimal assets and no profit, therefore the actual value of OAFC is virtually nil, therefore the OAFC sale price will probably be nil. He will in all likelihood write them off at the point of sale (less any actual purchase price)

The land is entirely separate, and would be the key factor in any takeover. Without control of the land (by either purchase or a lease) there is a risk for OAFC.

Remind me - who's Sammy Lee's cousin?

The reality is that Blitz and Gazal own both the football club and the land. The 97% share holding by Corney means nothing unless and until the Blitz & Gazal loans are repaid. The club exists because they let it. It is reasonable that they would want out and if SC has been able to broker a sale which keeps us at Boundary Park, as going ahead with the planning application suggests, then that is a smart move. If the price is Sammy Lee then so be it.