I come in peace (but will Ieave in pieces?)!

Hi! I'm an Everton fan, as you may well be able to guess, and I just stopped off to say that your fans and players were a credit to your club last night; yo should be (and I'm sure you are) proud of yourselves. I know the ref was poor last night, but I think it evened itself out over the two games, because there should never have been 4 added mins in the second half of the first game, much less playing six. Anyway, you provided tough opposition,and we rode our luck a bit (the post hits in both games especially). Good luck of the rest of the season!

- Toffee

P.S. Thanks for knocking out Liverpool!!!!

Hi! I'm an Everton fan, as you may well be able to guess, and I just stopped off to say that your fans and players were a credit to your club last night; yo should be (and I'm sure you are) proud of yourselves. I know the ref was poor last night, but I think it evened itself out over the two games, because there should never have been 4 added mins in the second half of the first game, much less playing six. Anyway, you provided tough opposition,and we rode our luck a bit (the post hits in both games especially). Good luck of the rest of the season!

- Toffee

Cheers, summed up our feelings too.

Sorry to hear about the fan who had a heart attack.

Please, please can you knock out the Plastic Latics in the next round.

Good luck in the rest of the competition

- Toffee

Six added minutes were not played at BP. Just over four were - after that it was goal celebrations. You can blame Pienaar for the majority of that time being added.

Think we let you off the hook with the team selection and first half performance last night. Like you pointed out, there were crucial moments in both games, most of which didn't go our way.

It's all about opinions, fans of all clubs will obviously lean toward their own team.

I thought Everton paid Oldham the compliment of sending out their strongest possible teams and it was just our luck two players who came in at Goodison (Mirallas and Coleman) made a big difference.

If only Moyes had picked Heitinger and Naismith, if only Philliskirk has started with Smith....... If only.

Edited by BP1960

Who had a heart attack? Evertonian at the game?

When I walked back to my car at the Walton sports centre there was paramedics on the scene looked like they were doing cpr few Everton fans looked on many seemed in distress

I wasn't aware of any heart attack but can only hope the people involved are OK.

We won't face either Manchester United or City until the Final if we make it and I don't even know if we can get past Wigan in the next rounds given some of the rubbish the players have served up in recent weeks. That would of made for a great 6th round game though if you could of made it, at Boundary Park against Wigan but it's ours to do, but not all that confident to be truthful.

I was worried before last night that we you were capable of eliminating us once again after 1990 and '08,. but this time the players showed a bit more steel and determination from before and decided there was still something worth fighting for this season.

4 extra mins in the first game to cover 6 subs, Pienaars slo-mo exit, an injury and Jagielka goal seems logical to me, why do you think otherwise.

Michael Olivers 3 mins last night was laughable. Should have been six minimum.

I think Howard was down injured for close to 3 minutes on his own. Added to that there were 5 substitutions, 2 goals and some time wasting from Everton (mainly on throw-ins). If the 30 second per sub and goal rule applies, it should have been at least 6 minutes of added time.

Oliver was a joke but Everton controlled the game really well in the first half.

I think we played a part in our own downfall - we showed them too much respect in the first half. Apart from the goals (granted there were 3 of them), Everton didn't really create any clear chances.

If Smith had started I think it would have been a different game.

Edited by bossrocks

I don't like to intrude on other fans pages or it feels strange participating on a forum other than your own club but while at it, I remember the games we had in 1990 in the fifth round and remember it all like yesterday and those old enough to remember will look back and think it was a greater achievement then, than getting the replay a few weeks ago. We had players like Southall Sharp Cottee Nevin and Ratcliffe etc and you were second division at the time but gave us a real go and won after a second replay and almost made the final that year. Royle as always, was (and is) a great manager and fine individual.

I don't like to intrude on other fans pages or it feels strange participating on a forum other than your own club but while at it, I remember the games we had in 1990 in the fifth round and remember it all like yesterday and those old enough to remember will look back and think it was a greater achievement then, than getting the replay a few weeks ago. We had players like Southall Sharp Cottee Nevin and Ratcliffe etc and you were second division at the time but gave us a real go and won after a second replay and almost made the final that year. Royle as always, was (and is) a great manager and fine individual.

1990 and the few years after have to classed as our greatest achievment ever but when I look back now we had the likes of Barrett, Warhurst, Milligan, Adams Marshall, Holden and what was that full back called?......Denis Irwin I think

all those players played for a number of years in the premier league with Oldham and then other clubs 2 at Everton.

Great games in 1990 and im not sure you will agree but at the time we where probably one of the best teams in the country for that very short wonderful period, we just ran out of steam after 65 games - cant imagine your lot or any premier league player playing that many consecutive games nowadays as thay are "tired" playing once a week it seems

This season achievment is fantastic due to the fact that the players are league 1 players who struggle most of the time but managed to raise their game for the cup against Everton and their :censored:ty moaning neighbours

1990's team was a premiership team playing in the old 2nd division promoted as champs one season later.

in 1990 we beat Arsenal (champs), Aston Villa (2nd), Southampton (top 6), Everton (top 10 or above?), Leeds (1st div champs a year later) and pushed the scum to a semi final replay

Edited by palmer1

Just heard about the after the match incident, it was an Everton fan who sadly passed away and for those who know him, it was latics fan kenny hop wood who tried to save him with CPR in the car park until further help arrived.

Sad to hear regardless of who the supporter was and well done kenny for stepping up to try and save him.

Just heard about the after the match incident, it was an Everton fan who sadly passed away and for those who know him, it was latics fan kenny hop wood who tried to save him with CPR in the car park until further help arrived.

Sad to hear regardless of who the supporter was and well done kenny for stepping up to try and save him.

Very sad, team supported is irrelevant. Hope the fella who tried to give him CPR is alright an all, can't imagine he's in the best place either.

@Toffee, I'd just like to add to comments of fellow Latics fans on here and say I hope Everton go on and win the Cup.

I travelled up yesterday with my daughter from the Midlands, first visit to Goodison. I know people complain about the ground being old in parts and restricted view, etc, but to me it was great to see a proper old-fashioned stadium with superb atmosphere (Latics fans take a bow!) and surrounded by terraced streets. Locals were very friendly as well.

I think we showed Everton a bit too much respect first half but hey you are many places above us in the League so no complaints in the end...except for the ref who was despicably poor.

I'd always suspected Everton was the preferable half of Merseyside and after going to all three Cup games this season I now know it's true!

Very sad, team supported is irrelevant. Hope the fella who tried to give him CPR is alright an all, can't imagine he's in the best place either.

kenny is a paramedic, so I'm sure his training would have kicked in with no doubt, some pondering afterwards. Note to all get on a first aid course if you can, get your kids on one too as you never know when it will be needed

Forgot to add, carry a basic first aid kit if you can, and of course wear your medical id tags/bracelets too if you have a specific condition. It can give you or the first aider vital seconds to assess and hopefully save you

Edited by underdog

Gutted. We went the scenic route back to the leisure centre, via the pub and the chippy, in order to let the traffic die down a bit. When we got back to the car park ours was one of only 2 or 3 cars left. There was a people carrier parked at an odd angle with its hazard lights on, next to an ambulance and a rapid response ambulance. There were half a dozen bystanders and one guy in particular (Kenny?) sat on the kerb edge with his head in is hands. Feel a bit guilty now as I never gave it a second thought after driving off.

RIP pal, hope you died happy after a Toffees win. Puts things into perspective somewhat.....

Edited by Break The Silence