Dowie deal almost done

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I want to believe it, I don't buy this "Dowie negotiating his way out of Sky" thing.

1) He's almost certainly freelance casual.

2) When Phil Thompson was approached to join Liverpool's coaching staff he was gone by the end of that day's broadcast.

Even if Midsblue has spoken to Dowie, is Dowie really gonna say to a fan 'yep im talking and all but agreed a deal and awaiting Sky clearance' etc? - he'd keep quiet and rightly so.

Its none of his business and when its done he would hear it all done by being annonced officially.

Its not if I've spoken to him I have spoken to him and he told me he definitely wasn't coming. That was last weekend. He told me it was due to length on contract being offered and the lack of ambition. A few beers had been sunk as it was a charity event.

He was then asked in the week when we were both sober and when betting was apparently stopped. I was told there was no truth in the rumours and nothing has changed since we last spoke.

However...he did say that he speaks with SC regularly and that the ball was in SC's court. He also said that SC was back in country last week so who knows.

That said, he earns a :censored:load of money via Sky, Al Jazeera and with the PFA.... that's who he was with when oafc_fan said we were talking to him (or his family) by the way.

Yes I'm a fan and he knows I'm a fan. However, I've spoken with others we know mutually and the same has been said to them too

Personally I think there's not enough on the table to entice him - length of contract, money (personally and to develop squad), uncertainty over the club, uncertainty on this new stand being built. However you could tell that he has major fondness for the club, has unfinished business and honestly reckons he could get us into the Championship.

There you go, I've told you everything. I would love him to come back because I think he can sort us out and can rejuvenate us from the :censored: and apathy currently within the corridors of Boundary Park.

Its not if I've spoken to him I have spoken to him and he told me he definitely wasn't coming. That was last weekend. He told me it was due to length on contract being offered and the lack of ambition. A few beers had been sunk as it was a charity event.

He was then asked in the week when we were both sober and when betting was apparently stopped. I was told there was no truth in the rumours and nothing has changed since we last spoke.

However...he did say that he speaks with SC regularly and that the ball was in SC's court. He also said that SC was back in country last week so who knows.

That said, he earns a :censored:load of money via Sky, Al Jazeera and with the PFA.... that's who he was with when oafc_fan said we were talking to him (or his family) by the way.

Yes I'm a fan and he knows I'm a fan. However, I've spoken with others we know mutually and the same has been said to them too

Personally I think there's not enough on the table to entice him - length of contract, money (personally and to develop squad), uncertainty over the club, uncertainty on this new stand being built. However you could tell that he has major fondness for the club, has unfinished business and honestly reckons he could get us into the Championship.

There you go, I've told you everything. I would love him to come back because I think he can sort us out and can rejuvenate us from the :censored: and apathy currently within the corridors of Boundary Park.

Cheers for the info, But its time the club stop dragging it on, and get the deal done for once. I believe he is OAFC number one target.

I'd rather Dowie stopped :censored:ing us around and just let us know whether or not he's coming. Corney needs to hand him a final offer. Take it or else it's not happening. It's now or never.

It will get to a point where it's too late to appoint ANY manager because by then we'll be down.

We need an injection of life into the team and the only way that's coming is by a new manager. I'm at the stage where Phil Brown actually seems a viable option contrasting my initial feeling that we should avoid him at all costs but the major factor is that we get somebody in sooner rather than later.

Who says Dowie hasnt already said no?

Maybe he is not :censored:ing us about and said he was not interested a long time ago!

I have read nothing about him coming to us in weeks other than on here which is 90% bull :censored: anyway

Edited by palmer1

I'd rather Dowie stopped :censored:ing us around and just let us know whether or not he's coming. Corney needs to hand him a final offer. Take it or else it's not happening. It's now or never.

It will get to a point where it's too late to appoint ANY manager because by then we'll be down.

We need an injection of life into the team and the only way that's coming is by a new manager. I'm at the stage where Phil Brown actually seems a viable option contrasting my initial feeling that we should avoid him at all costs but the major factor is that we get somebody in sooner rather than later.

This is pretty much where I'm at. The club needs a boost, a new manager MAY give us this for the all important run in.

This is no slight on TP, he's done an admirable job under difficult circumstances., but I feel he'd be happier back in charge of our youth.

If dowie isn't coming...move on before it's out of our hands.

Who said that Dowie is :censored:ing us around? Not sure if there is a difference between salary offered and wanted, but from what those ITK have said, Dowie has refused just a deal until end of the season. Tbh, it sounds like Dowie is doing anything but :censored: us around - sounds as though he has said what it'll take to get him to sign which Corney has been willing to meet yet.

Who said that Dowie is :censored:ing us around? Not sure if there is a difference between salary offered and wanted, but from what those ITK have said, Dowie has refused just a deal until end of the season. Tbh, it sounds like Dowie is doing anything but :censored: us around - sounds as though he has said what it'll take to get him to sign which Corney hasn't been willing to meet yet.

Who says Dowie hasnt already said no?

Maybe he is not :censored:ing us about and said he was not interested a long time ago!

I have read nothing about him coming to us in weeks other than on here which is 90% bull :censored: anyway

Who said that Dowie is :censored:ing us around? Not sure if there is a difference between salary offered and wanted, but from what those ITK have said, Dowie has refused just a deal until end of the season. Tbh, it sounds like Dowie is doing anything but :censored: us around - sounds as though he has said what it'll take to get him to sign which Corney has been willing to meet yet.

I acknowledge what you're saying there. If Dowie has given us a list of demands then I'm wrong in what I say. It seems as though the sticking-point is offering him the contract that encompasses next season; which I would give him as long as his wage isn't ridiculous. If Corney doesn't accept that then it suggests he has a manager in line for next season.

Maybe my anger at this process should be directed towards Corney for being indecisive on whether to cater to Dowie's needs or not.

Anyway, whatever the case we need a new manager quickly and this prolonged period of time along with Dickov's leadership could be the reason we get relegated.

Ater today,couldn't give a f##k if Mickey Mouse and Chaddy as assistant took charge,The whole thing is a pisstake,which could only happen at latics

I acknowledge what you're saying there. If Dowie has given us a list of demands then I'm wrong in what I say. It seems as though the sticking-point is offering him the contract that encompasses next season; which I would give him as long as his wage isn't ridiculous. If Corney doesn't accept that then it suggests he has a manager in line for next season.

Maybe my anger at this process should be directed towards Corney for being indecisive on whether to cater to Dowie's needs or not.

Anyway, whatever the case we need a new manager quickly and this prolonged period of time along with Dickov's leadership could be the reason we get relegated.

Exactly this. They've spoke, Corney offered him a contract for the rest of this season only. That's not enough to wrestle him from his other commitments and doesn't show any commitment to him to allow Dowie the chance to rebuild OAFC.

Dowie hasn't :censored:ed the club around. The person :censored:ing this club around is Corney.

Why is he unwilling to commit to beyond this season by securing an ambitious manager who has the confidence and drive to push us up this league and has ambitions to get us into the Championship?

If he believes we're doomed and relegation is inevitable then he's said himself he's off. If he believes we'll be safe then why not commit to pushing us on next season? I personally don't think he's as committed as he was as he's probably seeing now as a good time to bail out after our successes in the FA Cup, which was his swan song and he's engineering an exit route.

If he's committed then sign the manager who has the ambition - if he doesn't think Dowie is the one then why the :censored: offer him a deal and offer it to nobody else?! He's is number one target.

Exactly this. They've spoke, Corney offered him a contract for the rest of this season only. That's not enough to wrestle him from his other commitments and doesn't show any commitment to him to allow Dowie the chance to rebuild OAFC.

Dowie hasn't :censored:ed the club around. The person :censored:ing this club around is Corney.

Why is he unwilling to commit to beyond this season by securing an ambitious manager who has the confidence and drive to push us up this league and has ambitions to get us into the Championship?

If he believes we're doomed and relegation is inevitable then he's said himself he's off. If he believes we'll be safe then why not commit to pushing us on next season? I personally don't think he's as committed as he was as he's probably seeing now as a good time to bail out after our successes in the FA Cup, which was his swan song and he's engineering an exit route.

If he's committed then sign the manager who has the ambition - if he doesn't think Dowie is the one then why the :censored: offer him a deal and offer it to nobody else?! He's is number one target.

Thanks for all the info Midsblue and setting things clear - my thughts exactly - if he is committed to at least seeing the stand through and trying to get us going someway upwards then why the hell only offer a manager of Dowie's ability, passion and bond with the fans 10 weeks, and also who wants to build something long term???

I don't blame Dowie one bit for not signing in that case - maybe today has sealed it for Corney and he may well come back with 2 years offer

I know one thing - the club is worth far more as a league one club than Corney trying to bail out and sell us as a league 2 side.

The whole thing is just so illogical its scary

Might be something to do with the take over rumour. If new owners are lined up, presumably they'll want the option of putting their own man in. Either that or Scholes.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of logic in not offering a 2 year deal. If that's the only stumbling block it's a bit of a gutter. without going overboard on Dowieew' s abilities, his appointment could be one of the few things that might actually do something to stop this rot.

Who says Dowie has been offered the role?

Who Says he hasn't already refused?

Fact is, we know nothing.

ftfy

No, we know nothing.

Apart from those who claim to have sources (Fair play to them if they do, but could just be like oafc_fan spouting bull:censored: around)

They could have offered the job to various people and we wouldn't have a feckin clue - we can only presume and listen to the rumours and bull:censored: that is flying around.