Dowie deal almost done

Is he leaving any way, and taking the cup money with him. Do the players sense this? I am looking for a reason why nothing is being done.Its as if he is trying to make relegation his scapegoat to leave.

Being as the TTA are in for 6m, and we made less than 1m after deductions, I find that hard to believe. Edited by singe

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the main sticking point is because the contract is only until the end of the season, won't we have the same problem attracting any reasonable applicant?.........who would be willing to come in on such a short term deal?

If the main sticking point is because the contract is only until the end of the season, won't we have the same problem attracting any reasonable applicant?.........who would be willing to come in on such a short term deal?

Somebody desperate ala phil brown etc

Is he leaving any way, and taking the cup money with him. Do the players sense this? I am looking for a reason why nothing is being done.Its as if he is trying to make relegation his scapegoat to leave.

I think he'd be off at the drop of a hat if someone came in, anyone! It's whether SC wants to sell the club as a League One outfit or League Two outfit. Common sense to me says that he'd rather it be sold as a League One outfit as he'd get more for it.

The lack of a managerial appointment is mind boggling though, only lack of commitment shown towards a new manager ie: wages and contract length would be a major hurdle, in which case I can see it going to the end of the season to see which league we end up in. It goes without saying IMO that the likes of Dowie/ Brownwould only want to manage in League One as their ambitions would/ should be to get in to the Championship and not promotion from League two back into League One. So, if you ask me, IF we get relegated then neither Dowie or Brown won't be seen at BP anytime in the near future, coupled with wages/ contract and League status is why nothing has been set in stone. Top and bottom is: relegation and we're :censored:ed, well n truly!

That's exactly my concern. It gives out the impression that either -

The owners may not be around next season so they dont want a manager in situ in case new owners are put off because they are paying for someone they don't want

Or.....

The owners may be around but can't guarantee the funds to pay them or may want to change their mind dependent upon league position

Not really long-term certainty and confidence to whoever they're recruiting

Not sure why people are dead against Phil Brown. The man would put a rocket up the arses of some of these players. I can think of worse appointments.

1. He's a dick.

2. He lost the dressing room at Hull.

3. He appears to make up stories to make himself look good.

4. He achieved (2) by being a dick.

5. He did (3) after achieving (2) by being a dick.

6. He's a dick.

1. He's a dick.

6. He's a dick.

Couldn't have put it better if i tried :OASISscarf:

That's exactly my concern. It gives out the impression that either -

The owners may not be around next season so they dont want a manager in situ in case new owners are put off because they are paying for someone they don't want

Or.....

The owners may be around but can't guarantee the funds to pay them or may want to change their mind dependent upon league position

Not really long-term certainty and confidence to whoever they're recruiting

Your first option is the outstanding favourite IMO. It may even be a ‘condition’ along with planning permission for the new stand. I can see Corney frantically negotiating on two fronts with increasing relegation fears adding maybe a 3rd condition. Rather him than me.

Not sure why people are dead against Phil Brown. The man would put a rocket up the arses of some of these players. I can think of worse appointments.

If he failed badly with Preston in our league after taking them down, with far better resources then we have I very much doubt he could turn this shower around. Oh and as already been stated he's a dick.

1. He's a dick.

6. He's a dick.

Is he a dick?

If he failed badly with Preston in our league after taking them down, with far better resources then we have I very much doubt he could turn this shower around. Oh and as already been stated he's a dick.

Judging by Preston's form this season he might not have failed all that badly at Deepdale.

As I keep saying, loan players and players coming out of contracts...most probably not playing for Latics next season...will not not get the team out of the position it is in. The whole bubble of enthusiasm created by the cup-run has now well and truly burst. No more TV 'shop window' appearances and a total lack of drive/confidence now permeates the squad.

Corney is fast becoming to Latics what Nero was to Rome. He states that relegation would be a disaster and that he will leave the club if it happens, yet he appears to be sitting tight and refusing to commit to any long-term appointment of a manager. Of course, the "leaving" statement could just be rhetoric, aimed at attempting to motivate the players. If so, then it has failed, but why-oh-why does everything have to seemingly be such a f***ing debacle with Oldham Athletic?

It's League Two next season and whatever team we have out, it will not walk the league because there are some good teams in that division.

1. He's a dick.

6. He's a dick.

You're being very harsh on him. He once made up a story where he talked a woman down from jumping off the Humber Bridge. If he hadn't made that story up, that woman would be dead now.