Protest On This Appointment.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's getting ready to :censored: off anyhow,with whats gone on about dithering appointing anew manager hasa just shown what he really thinks about the club

Oh yes, i love how backing Dickov through many signings for 2 and a half years is easily forgotton...

Signed players like Kuqi and Baxter, but oh no, Simon Corney is a :censored: because he's taken abit too long over a managerial appointment.

i'd take a few weeks dithering over another Talbot or Penney.

Nobody is telling me that we couldn't have asked Andy Ritchie or someone like that to come in for the rest of the season, no real pressure, wouldn't have cost the earth, maybe a little bonus in your pocket if you do keep us up, if not then you can walk away if you want and nobody will think any worse of you.

We can't afford an experienced manager. Unless we want a :censored:e one.

We can afford to take a gamble on young managers.

Spending a tenth of our unexpected cup bonus would've probably got in someone decent. My take is we're not prepared to spend it rather than not afford it.

If this appointment is true then I doubt I'll go again this season, money is tight ATM and I'm already pushing it by going every home game and a fair few aways. I simply can't justify putting money into Simon corneys pocket whilst he shafts us over yet again.

Id rather do the talking with my feet than boo at the match. Just to make everybody clear, I am against corney, not johnson

If this appointment is true then I doubt I'll go again this season, money is tight ATM and I'm already pushing it by going every home game and a fair few aways. I simply can't justify putting money into Simon corneys pocket whilst he shafts us over yet again.

Id rather do the talking with my feet than boo at the match. Just to make everybody clear, I am against corney, not johnson

So, you won't attend because Corney has pissed you off? or because money is tight?

IF Dickov was still in charge or Dowie had been appointed would you turn up?

Genuine Question.

So, you won't attend because Corney has pissed you off? or because money is tight?

IF Dickov was still in charge or Dowie had been appointed would you turn up?

Genuine Question.

Because corney has pissed me off. In the past I have scrimped and scraped to try and get to many games as possible. I have spent more than I can afford on oafc, especially in the last few seasons, but that was just because of blind faith really. I was there week in week out under the dross Penney served up and was there when we hadn't won in 10 games under dickov. We as fans have been treated to some utter :censored: in the last few years and after the money we have made from the cup run, corney owed all of us an appointment that would put a smile on our faces, he even said he was going to take ourviews into consideration as this was probably 'the most important appointment he has made at the club'. IMO corney has failed us.

Welcome to Oldham Lee, I don't like it but I wasn't at the interview therefore I don't know what he said, what his plansare, who his backroom staff or anything. As for this whole protest thing, what a load of crap, instead of protesting turn up to a game. If more turned up, maybe we would have Dowie (not that I ever wanted him anyway), maybe we would have a squad made up of fighters rather than spinless twerps. I'm not saying it's the fans fault we are in this mess, it's not because fans turn up. When they can, work, family and money etc permitting.

Because corney has pissed me off. In the past I have scrimped and scraped to try and get to many games as possible. I have spent more than I can afford on oafc, especially in the last few seasons, but that was just because of blind faith really. I was there week in week out under the dross Penney served up and was there when we hadn't won in 10 games under dickov. We as fans have been treated to some utter :censored: in the last few years and after the money we have made from the cup run, corney owed all of us an appointment that would put a smile on our faces, he even said he was going to take ourviews into consideration as this was probably 'the most important appointment he has made at the club'. IMO corney has failed us.

Fair play then - i think you present the issue that covers 90% of our fan base.

Not been to most games this season and have only seen us win once when i've been! Lucky me! hahaha!

If he gets the job - that's it after 20+ years of following through thick and thin can not take any more of this.

can i ask why?

we don't know what his approach will be, who his staff will be, what his plans are, what his contract is etc. you say 'through thick and thin', surely if you're opposed this is a 'thin' time, yet you say that's it?

we don't know what his approach will be, who his staff will be, what his plans are

Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe not that we don't know what he's going to do, more of we don't see him knowing what to do...

can i ask why?

we don't know what his approach will be, who his staff will be, what his plans are, what his contract is etc. you say 'through thick and thin', surely if you're opposed this is a 'thin' time, yet you say that's it?

Basically I not against the guy - no experience that is my issue I think it is totally not right to get some one like this in when we are really in a big mess and say get us out of it and I don't think it fair on him or the fans and didn't work out too well for Dickov and he had top level playing experience and connection - I think if this was done at the end of the season I woud not react like this as the guy would have pre - season to get to know the players work on system gain a bit of knowledge / experience.

I know everyone has to start some where but alot of managers have been through coaching job lower down and gained experience I for one would not expect me to become CEO at Barclays just because I gave a good interview (also PD impress in his interview and look at the record he had).

I do not expect us to win cups and league I think I am realistic (in fact for last few season just wanted us not to go down and I see that as a good season) but the club has been on the slide for many years now and it is hard to find any hope to cling on to.

I don't think that this will help the club in any way I will be happy to have his dad and him as the assistant - i'm struggling to see how this takes the club forward.

A lot of my mate are glory hunters and support Utd or City - I went first in 1979 and have been true since then - I just don't know what the strategy is to get us where we need to be and that is difficult for me to accept.

Edited by Stoney

Basically I not against the guy - no experience that is my issue I think it is totally not right to get some one like this in when we are really in a big mess and say get us out of it and I don't think it fair on him or the fans and didn't work out too well for Dickov and he had top level playing experience and connection - I think if this was done at the end of the season I woud not react like this as the guy would have pre - season to get to know the players work on system gain a bit of knowledge / experience.

I know everyone has to start some where but alot of managers have been through coaching job lower down and gained experience I for one would not expect me to become CEO at Barclays just because I gave a good interview (also PD impress in his interview and look at the record he had).

I do not expect us to win cups and league I think I am realistic (in fact for last few season just wanted us not to go down and I see that as a good season) but the club has been on the slide for many years now and it is hard to find any hope to cling on to.

I don't think that this will help the club in any way I will be happy to have his dad and him as the assistant - i'm struggling to see how this takes the club forward.

A lot of my mate are glory hunters and support Utd or City - I went first in 1979 and have been ture since then

Perhaps that's the problem. Maybe not that we don't know what he's going to do, more of we don't see him knowing what to do...

thats the risk, but i'd trust Corney not to appoint someone who hasn't given him a clear vision of how he'll get us out of the mess. no-one seems to be giving him a chance on here, when we need to get behind the team and get the points we should have done a long time ago.

Edited by oafc-latics

i'd trust Corney not to appoint someone who hasn't given him a clear vision of how he'll get us out of the mess.

Don't get me wrong, I'd give him a chance, but from June - not with 10 games to go, seemingly low morale within the squad and sat in the drop zone.

thats the risk, but i'd trust Corney not to appoint someone who hasn't given him a clear vision of how he'll get us out of the mess. no-one seems to be giving him a chance on here, when we need to get behind the team and get the points we should have done a long time ago.

Dickov gave him a clear view - all interviewees would give him a clear view no one goes into any interview and sits there with no idea of what they would do - as for trusting SC understands that it is his club and he has the right to appoint who he wants (I think he has been great for the club) just ask yourself what his track record is with the appointment of managers - maybe a more footballing person like Big Joe should be making appointments like this.

It is a huge risk - can we afford this in the current situation we are in now?

Edited by Stoney

Watched with great amusement how stupid Chelsea fans are with all the Benitez out banners etc etc and

here we are going down exactly the same road.

Like it or not a new manager will be appointed tomorrow , whoever it is we have to get 100% behind him as must the players if we are to get out of the mess we are in.

Recriminations (if needed) can come afterwards.

Edited by losesome

Does he still have a players license?????????

For me though its a risk appointing an inexperienced manager I for one won't be protesting or doing anything other than backing the team and manager who ever it is. If its true that Corney is going then we move on and stick together supporting the 11 who wear the shirt.

Watched with great amusement how stupid Chelsea fans are with all the Benitez out banners etc etc and

here we are going down exactly the same road.

Like it or not a new manager will be appointed tomorrow , whoever it is we have to get 100% behind him as must the players if we are to get out of the mess we are in.

Recriminations (if needed) can come afterwards.

there's a world of difference between protesting based on prejudice against a manager who has managed rivals, but has a good track record - rafa / danny wilson - and concern that a rookie is a huge gamble when you are less than 10 games from relegation. The 2 scenarios are not the same.

but...I'll clap him on and won't spit my dummy at him if we lose on tuesday - it won't be on his head. but if we go down it will - he has taken on the task and has to account for his failure if we do go down.

Are some of our fans fickle or what? I've seen Arsebook statuses from people calling Dickov every name under the sun now saying we should have kept him, it's beyond belief!

Even if every bone in your body is against this guy's appointment, please don't protest or boo, what's the point? He's not even got the job officially and there's already this sort of talk, it's ridiculous, not everyone's choice but I'm sure Eddie Howe wouldn't have been Bournemouth fan's first choice and a month ago Latics supporters were criticising Tony Philliskirk for not being interested in the job. I may not always stand by any manager but I'll always give them a chance. Fair's fair. And this young man may be our next messiah for all we know.

Edited by SholverBlue

Any protest should be aimed at the long-term management strategy adopted by SC. Short-term, paper over the cracks, make-do-and-mend bollocks. No real investment. Throws toys out of pram.

Any other protest should be aimed at the spineless sack of :censored: that have got us in this mess.

Pissed off.Ten years of a slow and painful death.

The new manager should be left alone.