Anymore new signings before todays deadline?

What does everyone think?

Any new players coming in before the emergency loan window suts today?

Do we need anyone?

if so what position?

or do you think we are set for the survivla fight and we have enough strength now?

I dont think he will get a striker and he seems to have enough midfielders now, If we do bring anyone else in I would like to see a right back who can add cover to the centre backs.

well lets hope so o4u we could do with something different upfront a striker that knows were the goals are would be nice

Barnard knows where the goals are, likewise Baxter.

Pacy striker/wide midfielder to use as an impact sub and left sided defender would be on my wishlist.

The maximum number of loanees that can be included in a match day squad is 5, we already have 5 loanees at the club. I can't see us getting someone else in mainly for that reason. The only caveat to that thinking is the fact that Obita's loan period is due to expire shortly, with Reading getting a new manager, we may not be able to get an extension. Therefore, I can see us possibly getting someone in to replace what Obita offers.

The maximum number of loanees that can be included in a match day squad is 5, we already have 5 loanees at the club. I can't see us getting someone else in mainly for that reason. The only caveat to that thinking is the fact that Obita's loan period is due to expire shortly, with Reading getting a new manager, we may not be able to get an extension. Therefore, I can see us possibly getting someone in to replace what Obita offers.

Isnt that what Montano does? Except with a bit more passion?

According to Matt Chambers a left back coming in as cover and possibly another one in and one out before 5 o'clock!

Would Ben Parker be the left back?

Surprised after Corney's comments last year that we gave him a trial, I remember Corney saying in an interview "With his attitude, we'll see where he ends up." :petesake:

Would it be a youngster going out on loan?

Would Ben Parker be the left back?

Surprised after Corney's comments last year that we gave him a trial, I remember Corney saying in an interview "With his attitude, we'll see where he ends up." :petesake:

Would it be a youngster going out on loan?

Not according to Johnson in the rarely.....

On-trial Ben Parker played the full match and was a steadying presence at left-back.

But at this stage Johnson isn’t about to snap up the 25-year-old former Leeds player, who hasn’t appeared in a first-team match this season following his Elland Road release.

“He has good pedigree and you can tell he is good on the ball,” Johnson said of the once highly-rated England youth international. “But obviously he hasn’t been playing for a while.

“He is one not quite for now, but to keep an eye on for the future.”

Isnt that what Montano does? Except with a bit more passion?

Yes except Montano isn't fit and may not be fully fit for a few games. With our schedule of playing at least every 4 days until the end of the season we need someone to cover what Montano offers.

According to MEN twitter, we're close to getting LB Federico bessone on loan, Argentinian ex Swansea, Swindon and barca b

We have signed him apparently ?

Thought a pacey forward was more required than another LB !!!!!

Edited by losesome

Acording to my Leeds supporting mate - Bassone:

Big time Charlie

Not as good as he thinks he is

Ok going forward can't defend for toffee

Fell out with grayson after starting a few games then never got a look in.

If we could cross him with Parker, might get a decent full back.

Acording to my Leeds supporting mate - Bassone:

Big time Charlie

Not as good as he thinks he is

Ok going forward can't defend for toffee

Fell out with grayson after starting a few games then never got a look in.

If we could cross him with Parker, might get a decent full back.

Johnson out. :grin:

Johnson said we are looking for cover for Grounds. Almost inevitably that means any signing has been told that he may not get many games. So we're not going to get someone from a club who wants to put the player in the shop window, nor are we likely to get someone who is sat on the bench elsewhere to jump at the chance to sit on ours.

So it was quite likely that we'd get someone out of contract. And if they're out of contract it means , probably, that they haven't been outstanding elsewhere recently...

Happy we've got someone with experience.

Johnson said we are looking for cover for Grounds. Almost inevitably that means any signing has been told that he may not get many games. So we're not going to get someone from a club who wants to put the player in the shop window, nor are we likely to get someone who is sat on the bench elsewhere to jump at the chance to sit on ours.

So it was quite likely that we'd get someone out of contract. And if they're out of contract it means , probably, that they haven't been outstanding elsewhere recently...

Happy we've got someone with experience.

Indeed, Dickov went the another viable way in bringing in Wabara, so using Brown as cover for both FB positions. I can see Johnson looking for a bigger squad next season. Allowing some of our young players to go out on loan for developmental reasons. As Bassone is a free transfer maybe Johnson is looking to get him in for next season too.