Glen 'killer' Belezika

Just followed the Johnson V Johnson game anxiously on my phone (long time Oldham fan living in exile in 'that' London and first time poster).

I noticed that Glen Belezika started today in place of Tarky. Big game, lots of pressure, only a teenager, how did he do?

On Twitter he seems a bit of a wannabe gangster, profile picture of him smoking a shisha pipe and tweets which make no sense whatsoever. Could he be a lot of talent but no dedication or am i being harsh?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With M'Voto probably leaving at the end of the season, he could be an important part of our defence next season.

Perhaps it might be a bit early for him, but Tarky has improved massively from the start of the season when he was very quickly dropped.

Did alright, some good defending but dubious ball skills. Needs to learn to react a bit quicker, and towards the end was winning little in the air even against Hayter.

That said though, early days so I'll cut him slack. Tarkowski is my worry - far too many mistakes... We'll miss JYM when he goes.

He was awful and that's being kind. Every clearance was mi:censored: and there were some terrible passes. Did make one vital block at the end. Very very raw. Should handle the physical stuff ok.

He was fine and for a young kid making his full debut in those circumstances against the strike threat they had, he was excellent. It's to even a question of thinking everyone should be a happy clapper but people really need to take a look at themselves and ask if their default position should be "Negative moaner"

Good debut clean sheet, hopefully first of many. Big game to make the step up but he did what was needed, seemed to bring the leader out in Big Jean too who despite being a kid himself guided the new lad through the game and was much more a leader at the back than he has been. One bit of red mist which Bouzanis helped defuse but it was good to see him willing to get stuck in.

I thought he looked very nervous in the first half and that wily old fox Hayter wasn't the type of striker he usually has to deal with.

He looked more assured in the second half and his level of concentration was good.

He will be all the better for that outing.

A- for me, looked a little bit shaky for the first 20 minutes. But did well after that, especially since that was his first start, he was up against Madden (the league's top scorer) and Hayter, a wily old fox. He made a crucial goal saving tackle in about the 85 minute and got a few well deserved pats on the back. As I hinted he was involved in keeping a clean sheet against the league's top scorer and a very good CF, can't want for more than that.

Although he did seem to get in the face of the bloke they left up front when we scored which seemed a bit daft. As well as a couple of handbag incidents.