So.. who to keep?

I'm really interested to see who would keep for next season? (ASSUMING THEY WOULD STAY, AN NOT INCLUDING LOANS)

I ask because the one constant on this board is that the majority of the players are dire, or don't care, or are under performing. An we need a massive overhaul. Do we though?

In ideal world players take responability for their own performance, but it just doesn't work like that. It has to come from the manager, like in any good team the drive, ambition, willingness to work, to express yourself, comes from the top; an there in lies the problem with the majority of this season- dickov just wasn't a good manager. In fact he was awful.

His tactics, players weren't fit, they couldn't press for 90 minutes, never utilisied his squad, played far to rigid, didn't develop players, didn't believe in the kids, and on and on.

My point is i look at the squad (and it's the same squad that two months couldn't buy a win that have just taken 11 points in 7 games) an i'm not sure where the massive cull is coming from?

Why where they totally abject under dickov, an yet at the very least look competive under LJ.

I don't like boozy's big man attitude, only to see him :censored: himself coming for corners or crosses, but he's a decent shot stopper, would we find better? The back four on the whole have imo done fairly well, our goal diff isn't great because we just didn't score under Dickov not because we've leaked loads of goals - certainly no need to say get rid.

Montano has shown promise, crofty has worked his bollocks off. Baxter an smith's goals have nearly kept us up, why would get rid of your goalscorers? Millar. Mellor, Winchester, would definitly keep- oh to have seen them a bit more this year!!!

The only two for me who i would look to move on are wes an simpson, both will be on a semi decent or decent wage an i don't think they've contritubed or influenced enough games to justify staying. Oh an bryne; - who is able, but far to slow an we could do better.

Hardly a overhaul.

More a case of piss poor management from dickov.

Would love to see a good portion of this group stay together under LJ with a few quality additions an we'll do alright next year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would get rid of:

- Connor Brown

- Cliff Byrne

- Robbie Simpson

Byrne? You mad - at least keep him in a coaching role, however, he was solid when he played at Preston, he'll over come his injury over summer.

Would get rid of...

Simpson

Cisak

Winchester

Send back...

Iwelumo

Barnard

Reid

Would like to see Korey Smith back again next season.

I'm really interested to see who would keep for next season? (ASSUMING THEY WOULD STAY, AN NOT INCLUDING LOANS)

I ask because the one constant on this board is that the majority of the players are dire, or don't care, or are under performing. An we need a massive overhaul. Do we though?

In ideal world players take responability for their own performance, but it just doesn't work like that. It has to come from the manager, like in any good team the drive, ambition, willingness to work, to express yourself, comes from the top; an there in lies the problem with the majority of this season- dickov just wasn't a good manager. In fact he was awful.

His tactics, players weren't fit, they couldn't press for 90 minutes, never utilisied his squad, played far to rigid, didn't develop players, didn't believe in the kids, and on and on.

My point is i look at the squad (and it's the same squad that two months couldn't buy a win that have just taken 11 points in 7 games) an i'm not sure where the massive cull is coming from?

Why where they totally abject under dickov, an yet at the very least look competive under LJ.

I don't like boozy's big man attitude, only to see him :censored: himself coming for corners or crosses, but he's a decent shot stopper, would we find better? The back four on the whole have imo done fairly well, our goal diff isn't great because we just didn't score under Dickov not because we've leaked loads of goals - certainly no need to say get rid.

Montano has shown promise, crofty has worked his bollocks off. Baxter an smith's goals have nearly kept us up, why would get rid of your goalscorers? Millar. Mellor, Winchester, would definitly keep- oh to have seen them a bit more this year!!!

The only two for me who i would look to move on are wes an simpson, both will be on a semi decent or decent wage an i don't think they've contritubed or influenced enough games to justify staying. Oh an bryne; - who is able, but far to slow an we could do better.

Hardly a overhaul.

More a case of piss poor management from dickov.

Would love to see a good portion of this group stay together under LJ with a few quality additions an we'll do alright next year.

I'm all about the value for money, so I don't want to pay anyone off to get them to leave their contract. Wouldn't mind keeping some of our older players who are out of contract if they took a pay-cut (Simpson) or a restructure (Byrne). Would like to offer similar contracts to our under 24s (to get the compo if they leave), some can have a rise. At the same time if we got a good offer for those who are in contract I'd take the money. Some (eg Cisak) are good value dependent on what others in their position do (so if Bouzy goes I'd keep Cisak, if Bouzy stays I'd be looking for Cisak to take a pay-cut). Wouldn't break the bank to keep others (Croft), and I'd expect some to leave because we can't afford them or offer them higher level football (Smith).

I'd keep Cisak.

Byrne. Grounds. M'Voto. Belezika. Not sure about Brown - young kid thrown in, could improve.

Mellor. Winchester. Croft. Baxter. Not sure about Montaño - he's got something.

Smith. Taylor. Millar.

Those I'd see as potential starters: Cisak, Grounds, M'Voto, Croft, Baxter, Smith. And three of those won't be here!

I'd add in Sutherland, Hughes and other yoofs I've forgotten! Yes, I would let Tarky, Bouzanis and Wesolowski move on.

Edited by opinions4u

I am sticking with what I said before they virtually guaranteed safety, I would not be upset to see the vast majority of them cleared out. It is obvious some of these players have ability (although maybe not as much as what they think) but their application, commitment, desire and will to win in the league has quite frankly been nothing short of pathetic, and a few good results towards the end of the season that will probably see them scrape to safety does not change that in my eyes.

I know some people will see it as 'starting over' yet again but I think this season it calls for it. In terms of ability, my opinion is that whilst we are nowhere near playoff quality, probably not even top half quality, this team could have avoided relegation by a much greater margin.

Id let go:-

Brown - As we can get better

Simpson - Cost an arm in a leg in wages and doesnt justify it. If we are going to play him wide left id rather see Monty out there next season

Winchester

Not really fussed:-

Bouzy - Love the guys passion but I still have my resevations over how good he really is

Wes - Yes, I expect a slatting but he aint the player I really thought he would become

Do all we can to keep -

Croft

JYM

Byrne (as a player coach)

Out of the loannes

I would love to add Korey Smith, especially as he is versitile

The one who I still cant make out is Tarky. A lot for me would depend if JYM signs or not.

Next season we need permenant players not a load of loans yet again

As for anyone who says we still aint staying up remember not only scunny not colchester as well now need to better our results

I dont want another clear out. for me there are some players I defo want to leave but I am sure now we have in my opinion a manager who actually knows how to manage players/fitness and so on.then those players that do remain I am sure they will up there game as seen in recent games.

Of the out of contract players I'd want us to keep

-One of Cisak or Bouzanis,with Jacob as back up.

Cisak is the better keeper but there isn't a massive gulf between them.

-Brown

If LJ can coach him to overlap the right winger and be more of a threat going forward I'd like to see him here another year to see how he develops.

-M'Voto

Is the tripod still nailing a local girl?If so,it could sway his decision to stay at BP.

-Croft

Has been one of our best players since the turn of the year after losing weight.LJ will get him into shape for August if offered a new contract.

-Smith

If he's off to the Championship then so be it.If not I'd offer him a new deal as he gives us something different up top.

-Mellor

LJ has spotted a good player in there and again if he can take the advice on board re his fitness i'd like to see him start more games next season and cement his position in the centre of midfield.

Edited by ceskylatic

This squad needs gutting.

I'd keep Cisak, Grounds, Croft, Millar and Mellor. I'd also like to keep Baxter, M'voto and Smith but that seems unlikely.

I'd definitely bin off Wes, Furman, Simpson, Murray (unless he's wanted on the coaching side), Taylor and Winchester. If better options can be brought in I'd also get rid of Tarky. I'm not really bothered about Bouzanis as I think Cisak's better than him and Jacob sounds promising, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Bouzanis stay and Cisak move on. If LJ wants Byrne as a coach, he'd be a decent back-up option. I'm not convinced by Brown and I think there are probably better options out there, so I'd probably get rid. I can't comment on Montano as I've seen very little of him.

Would get rid of:

- Connor Brown

- Cliff Byrne

- Robbie Simpson

Connor Brown has improved a lot after being given a run in the team and Cliff would be good to have for at least a backup defender plus he seems like an ideal candidate to help Lee Johnson.

Think I would be saying goodbye to Simpson because he has been miss more times than hit and I would imagine he is one of the top earners at the club.

This squad needs gutting.

I'd keep Cisak, Grounds, Croft, Millar and Mellor. I'd also like to keep Baxter, M'voto and Smith but that seems unlikely.

I'd definitely bin off Wes, Furman, Simpson, Murray (unless he's wanted on the coaching side), Taylor and Winchester. If better options can be brought in I'd also get rid of Tarky. I'm not really bothered about Bouzanis as I think Cisak's better than him and Jacob sounds promising, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Bouzanis stay and Cisak move on. If LJ wants Byrne as a coach, he'd be a decent back-up option. I'm not convinced by Brown and I think there are probably better options out there, so I'd probably get rid. I can't comment on Montano as I've seen very little of him.

This, pretty much word for word. Not having seen either Brown or Montano play I'd lean a bit more towards keeping them (promising youngsters, and we paid money for Montano so I'd like to see us be able to recoup that).

This is the latest, I think:

Contracted:

Baxter (2015)

Grounds (2014)

Montano (2014)

Wesolowski (2014)

Youth offered contracts:

Cooper

Gosset

Simpson

Sutherland

Out of contract, but believed to have options for another year:

Belezika

Brown

Cisak

Taylor

Out of contract:

Bessone (confirmed by the MEN on 18/04 as released)

Bouzanis

Byrne

Croft

Hughes

Jacob

Mellor

Millar

Murray

Mvoto

Simpson

Smith

Tarkowski

Winchester

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more have options (e.g. Jacob).

Edited by Crusoe